Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 10-13-2009, 05:16 PM   #1
sjspat

Drives: 2010 camaro
Speeding Close Call!!

Hi everyone. I was in St. John's this weekend for my niece's wedding as she wanted me to be MC and of course, she wanted to use my camaro as her lead car for her wedding. It was looking like I was going to be late to pick her up for the church so I sort of pushed the car to get their faster. I was on the home stretch and I could see for about 2-3 kilometers so I decided to go faster. I was doing 200kph in a 90kph zone (I never drive like this only because I was late for the wedding). When I came to last section of the road, there was a bit of a hill where I could not see what was coming up the other side. All of a sudden, I could see the top of a car which had the red and blue lights. I geared down but to no avail. She came up to the window and she said "nice car" and I said thank you. She asked me if I was going to the wedding down the hill and I said yes. She said she clocked me at 147kph. She told me to slow down as she did not want to find me in a ditch. I said thank you and got my niece to the church on time. As I said, I do not normally go this fast. If I speed, I only do anyway from 10-20kph over the speed limit. I thank my lucky stars as I have not had a speeding ticket for at least 15 years.
PS: I should have invited her to the reception and paid for her drinks (LOL). Anyway, it is nice to know that there are some understanding officers that are on our roadways.
sjspat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 05:19 PM   #2
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
We aren't all bad! Nice work.
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 05:19 PM   #3
wullger
Supercharged

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Most cops are like that, as long as you're respectful in the first place

Appearance Mods:
Heritage Grille, ZL1 Replica Wheels
Performance Mods:
Flowmaster ARH Cat-Back Exhaust, ADM CAI, ADM L99-LS3 Conversion, ADM LSA Supercharger Kit, Lingenfelter GT9 Cam, Stainless Power Headers, Detroit Speed Sway Bars, ZL1 Fuel Pump

581 rwhp/535 lb/ft tq
wullger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 06:23 PM   #4
RMGee
Clap Clap

Drives: 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by wullger View Post
Oooh haha idk about that one
RMGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 06:32 PM   #5
Brown5150
#17,149

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Then why did my wife get a ticket for going 75 in a 35 mph zone.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:12 PM   #6
dmo

Drives: 2SS RS
Send a message via AIM to dmo
Quote:
Originally Posted by wullger View Post
Dunno about all that. You should always be respectful... but that isn't going to save you.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:01 PM   #7
glambert1
HOMER

Drives: 2010 camaro 2LT RS SIM
yeah I'm really surprised that cop should have ticketed you hippy kids!!! lol
Old 10-13-2009, 08:09 PM   #8
wullger
Supercharged

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Since everyone's so literal, I mean in cases like where the cop knew there was a wedding not far away, etc.

Appearance Mods:
Heritage Grille, ZL1 Replica Wheels
Performance Mods:
Flowmaster ARH Cat-Back Exhaust, ADM CAI, ADM L99-LS3 Conversion, ADM LSA Supercharger Kit, Lingenfelter GT9 Cam, Stainless Power Headers, Detroit Speed Sway Bars, ZL1 Fuel Pump

581 rwhp/535 lb/ft tq
wullger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:27 PM   #9
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjspat View Post
Hi everyone. I was in St. John's this weekend for my niece's wedding as she wanted me to be MC and of course, she wanted to use my camaro as her lead car for her wedding. It was looking like I was going to be late to pick her up for the church so I sort of pushed the car to get their faster. I was on the home stretch and I could see for about 2-3 kilometers so I decided to go faster. I was doing 200kph in a 90kph zone (I never drive like this only because I was late for the wedding). When I came to last section of the road, there was a bit of a hill where I could not see what was coming up the other side. All of a sudden, I could see the top of a car which had the red and blue lights. I geared down but to no avail. She came up to the window and she said "nice car" and I said thank you. She asked me if I was going to the wedding down the hill and I said yes. She said she clocked me at 147kph. She told me to slow down as she did not want to find me in a ditch. I said thank you and got my niece to the church on time. As I said, I do not normally go this fast. If I speed, I only do anyway from 10-20kph over the speed limit. I thank my lucky stars as I have not had a speeding ticket for at least 15 years.
PS: I should have invited her to the reception and paid for her drinks (LOL). Anyway, it is nice to know that there are some understanding officers that are on our roadways.
Wait, wait, wait......

Let me get this straight...it wasn't an open bar??? OUTRAGE!!!!!!

Engine:Phase One-(All work by Vengeance Racing): Custom Cam, AR Headers, ported throttle body, ported intake, custom tune, dual valve springs, hardened push rods, under drive pulley, thermostat, Vararam CAI, C5R timing chain, Melling oil pump catch can, breather, MagnaFlow Sport Axle Back
Suspension: Pfadt Sport Sway Bars, Pfadt drop springs
Other: MGW Shifter, Custom Paint
my build journal ---->http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30057
themossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:35 PM   #10
sjspat

Drives: 2010 camaro
I always did have respect for a police officer but as in everything else, there are a lot of good ones and a few of not so good. I am just glad I got a good one on that day. That is one wedding I will not forget for sure!! lol
sjspat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:30 PM   #11
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown5150 View Post

Ouch! She's brave to be going that fast in a 35. If that was me they would have impounded my car, locked me up and thrown away the key.
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 01:05 AM   #12
Gentry78
HOOK'EM

Drives: 97 c1500/92 olds
Quote:
40 over your lucky she wasn't arrested

you can be arrested for 20 over
Gentry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 01:11 AM   #13
eddie SS
ALWAYS A MARINE......!!!

Drives: 2010 camaro IOM/2SS/RS/sunroof
Send a message via AIM to eddie SS
Quote:
I think she DID get a break. By not getting arrested. All it takes is 20 mph over & they impound & arrest. Ticket sounds pretty good after all that....

Mods so far: SOLO Performance MACH XL cat-back exhaust, NOWEEDS exhaust diverters, Tinted windows, gas cap decal, bow tie black outs, Cold Air Inc CAI, Eibach Pro kit lowering springs

Mods I have but not installed yet: rear trunk black out, Diablosport Trinity

Future Mods: ARH long tube w/ high flow cats or Dynatech's SuperMaXX long tube w/ high flow cats, Maggie S/C
eddie SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 09:58 AM   #14
caper

Drives: 2010 IOM 2ss/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by themossman View Post
Wait, wait, wait......

Let me get this straight...it wasn't an open bar??? OUTRAGE!!!!!!

HAHA, people dont realize this is a newf... being from the cape, i know... you dont want an open bar... you would go broke feedin drinks to a hall full of newfies, and who knows when it would end, or how, lol.

btw, lucky on gettin off, my best get away was gettin away with 200 in a 70 on my bike, and let go.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote