Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 12-17-2009, 03:41 PM   #1
BlackWidow
Camaro SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS Black w/White
Applauding Member - BFxenon.com (Reg - HID)

Fellas,

Let me first just say that I'm one of those members - that lurk more then they talk , my work and school keep me busy and I'm lucky if I can login once a week and get updates.

So this will be my first time contributing .

I'm a proud owner of a 2010 Camaro SS which is Black in color with the white stripes, it does have the ground effects kit and looks sweet. However I opted not to go with the RS package and got the cheap light kit - you know the stock ugly yellow ones .

Anyways - when I did save up the $225-250 I decided to get a proper HID kit, being that this car is relatively new/rare I was unable to find many vendors "reputable" who carried kits. During my search I came across our site member (BFxenon.com) aka Nick. I contacted him and after being convinced he was the way to go I made my order..

Well as happy as I was to see how well built the package was, the more depressed I was when I started to realize this is not a "DIY" job for the average consumer who just likes to drive...

1) So my first challenge came in contacting BFxenon.com about how to do it, he was very helpful and actually sent me a link to a photobucket account which had detailed pictures of how to do it. As helpful as it was - I just did'nt feel comfortable doing it.

So I took it to my friendly GM dealership who quoted me $100 to do it.

2) Once GM was done, I was super excited to pick up the car with my new HID kit, unforunately however within the first week the right side light went out I was super frustrated and contacted BFxenon.com and to him. To my surprise unlike several vendors - he actually stood behind his products and offered to send me a new bulb, which I receieved in 2-3 business days...

3) With the new bulb i took it to GM, they put it one - and still no worky , this time they diagnosed it back to a bad relay (right side).. by now I'm frustrated and beganing to understand why its better to pay $$$$ for stock HIDs up front.. with great dismay i contact BFXenon.com again and explain him my situation... he once again calmly offered to ship me a new kit or just a new relay.. I went the relay route and in 2-3 business days I receieve it...

4) So for the 3rd time I take it to GM, and within 10 minutes they had the relay switched out and working great..

Its been over 2 weeks now and everything seems to be working great. My experience with BFXenon.com has been great, I paid close to $200-$225 for the hi-low 8000k kit from him, and the customer service I got was top notch. My car looks great and I encourage you all to buy from BFXenon.com.. as my experience with him over a month has been

BlackWidow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 04:00 PM   #2
67 GTO
13.453 @ 101.90

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
Fellas,

Let me first just say that I'm one of those members - that lurk more then they talk , my work and school keep me busy and I'm lucky if I can login once a week and get updates.

So this will be my first time contributing .

I'm a proud owner of a 2010 Camaro SS which is Black in color with the white stripes, it does have the ground effects kit and looks sweet. However I opted not to go with the RS package and got the cheap light kit - you know the stock ugly yellow ones .

Anyways - when I did save up the $225-250 I decided to get a proper HID kit, being that this car is relatively new/rare I was unable to find many vendors "reputable" who carried kits. During my search I came across our site member (BFxenon.com) aka Nick. I contacted him and after being convinced he was the way to go I made my order..

Well as happy as I was to see how well built the package was, the more depressed I was when I started to realize this is not a "DIY" job for the average consumer who just likes to drive...

1) So my first challenge came in contacting BFxenon.com about how to do it, he was very helpful and actually sent me a link to a photobucket account which had detailed pictures of how to do it. As helpful as it was - I just did'nt feel comfortable doing it.

So I took it to my friendly GM dealership who quoted me $100 to do it.

2) Once GM was done, I was super excited to pick up the car with my new HID kit, unforunately however within the first week the right side light went out I was super frustrated and contacted BFxenon.com and to him. To my surprise unlike several vendors - he actually stood behind his products and offered to send me a new bulb, which I receieved in 2-3 business days...

3) With the new bulb i took it to GM, they put it one - and still no worky , this time they diagnosed it back to a bad relay (right side).. by now I'm frustrated and beganing to understand why its better to pay $$$$ for stock HIDs up front.. with great dismay i contact BFXenon.com again and explain him my situation... he once again calmly offered to ship me a new kit or just a new relay.. I went the relay route and in 2-3 business days I receieve it...

4) So for the 3rd time I take it to GM, and within 10 minutes they had the relay switched out and working great..

Its been over 2 weeks now and everything seems to be working great. My experience with BFXenon.com has been great, I paid close to $200-$225 for the hi-low 8000k kit from him, and the customer service I got was top notch. My car looks great and I encourage you all to buy from BFXenon.com.. as my experience with him over a month has been

Nice!! I intend to do the same at some point, I'll keep BFXenon in mind.

Now all you need is some Halo's and you'll be set.
67 GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 04:01 PM   #3
dragrcr
2SS 6M

Drives: 2010 2SS 6M
100 for the install seems reasonable.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:07 PM   #4
BigMatt
2010 Camaro 2 SS/RS M6

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to BigMatt
Looks great!!
Forged LS3, FED M311 heads, CAI Inc, ARH 1 7/8, Corsa Xtreme, Taylor Wires, MGW Shifter, Street slayer twin carbon clutch, Tick braided clutch line & speed bleeder, ZL1 Diff Swap, BMR Split drop, Sway Bars, Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, Pro bushing kit, Carslyle racing 15in conversion, Whipple, LPE dual fuel pumps, Rx catch can, Id1300x, Alky Control
BigMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 04:35 PM   #5
DustinK

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Great review and a great looking car. You got off with a great price (even with paying your dealership) and it sounds like you're happy which is what really matters.

Always good to hear about good vendors with solid customer service!
DustinK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 06:01 PM   #6
marley.
OCD

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Great story man. I definitely plan on going with BFXenon when the time comes for HID upgrade.
marley. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 07:43 PM   #7
FutureCamaroOwner

Drives: White 1SS/Black Stripes
Is there halo's in that set-up? Kinda looks like it
FutureCamaroOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 02:45 PM   #8
BlackWidow
Camaro SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS Black w/White
Thanks Mod for moving the thread in the right area..

To answer your concers -

1) My car is a 2SS with stock lights. No halo here - just installed the BFxenon.com kit.

2) They charged me $100 only since I bought the car from them and have been going there alot lately for my Chevy needs .

3) I don't intend on spending any more $$$ on any upgrades to the car.. (for now)

4) I am not in any way related or directly profiting from BFxenon.com - I have'nt even met the guy, just know his name is Nick and its Customer Service is top notch
BlackWidow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 04:03 PM   #9
anthonybyram

Drives: 1972 Z28, torch red,454
Good job BF Xenon! No better recommendation than a satified customer!
anthonybyram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 11:09 PM   #10
BFxenon.com
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro
Thank you again for the kind words and it was a pleasure dealing with you also!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post

4) I am not in any way related or directly profiting from BFxenon.com - I have'nt even met the guy, just know his name is Nick and its Customer Service is top notch
BFxenon.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 02:07 AM   #11
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCamaroOwner View Post
Is there halo's in that set-up? Kinda looks like it
Uh...no.

But there doesn't need to be. Looks great.