Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 02-25-2012, 12:04 PM   #15
rrubio

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2012 Audi Q7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedder View Post
I'm experiencing something similar and hope to get it resolved tomorrow. My dealer promised me the car early this week and then called yesterday to say that the order he had already placed in the system before we talked had been pulled and he had to get permission from GM to change the order to my specs. He called back today and said that he got permission and we are all set. What should I ask to see tomorrow to prove this? What status should the order be at? He told me it had a April 16th target build date sheduled. Thanks in advance...
Zedder, I changed an order that the dealership already had, the following tues the status went to 2050, showing it had been changed. I have since gone to status 3000. Good Luck!
Old 02-25-2012, 12:22 PM   #16
FreddyG

Drives: 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapp32e View Post
Order a 2013 is what I would do.
.........from a different dealer!
FreddyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 01:49 PM   #17
speedmon

Drives: C6 Z06
I'm new so be kind.....
My dealer told me that they they can get a 2012 ZL1 for me, but I have to pay them a $5000 premium over sticker which will be the deposit and will be non-refundable.

Is this common with the dealers at this point, this premium?
speedmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 02:16 PM   #18
rjansen

Drives: '72 GTO, '94 Cadillac, 2012 IOM ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmon View Post
I'm new so be kind.....
My dealer told me that they they can get a 2012 ZL1 for me, but I have to pay them a $5000 premium over sticker which will be the deposit and will be non-refundable.

NO! He may be able to get you your ZL1. But he is tacking on the 5 g over the MSRP. The GOOD dealers aren't doing this. It is normal for them to ask for a down payment before they order your car. But this down payment applies toward the final price of the car and is deducted from it.

The greedy dealers know that because of the demand for this car, they can slap on an amount over and above MSRP and still get people to order the car...and it's all clear profit for them. I've seen markups listed in excess of $15,000 by some of these unscrupulous dealers!

If you want the car now bad enough, I guess you order it with the markup and contribute to the dealer's early retirement. Otherwise, tell him to stick it where the sun don't shine, and order a 2013 from a reputable dealer at MSRP. The 2013's are going to be a lot easier to score.
rjansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 02:33 PM   #19
rrubio

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2012 Audi Q7
Quote:
I'm new so be kind.....

try calling around, there are dealers that may still have an allocation for it. you might be able to get it at MSRP, or at least less than 5 over, and they could ship it to the closest dealer to you.
rrubio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 02:55 PM   #20
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4me View Post
Hi Scott do you know when the cut off date will be for the dealers recieving thier final allocation before the 2013's kick in. Thank you!
off the top of my head, no - (sorry - am in Milwaukee with a buncha Camaro Enthusiasts lookin' at a ZL1!)
Old 02-25-2012, 03:33 PM   #21
whistle pig

Drives: whatever
Quote:
I'm new so be kind.....

I talked to several smaller local dealers, none of them got an allocation for a 12' ZL1. Most of them said it was rumored that the dealers that were getting them were adding $10,000 to the MSRP.

Of course, no one here ever pays over MSRP, but in the real world it appers at least some do.
whistle pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:42 PM   #22
Zikma

Drives: ZL1 2012 # 721; 2013 Tahoe Z71
The first dealer I went to did the exact same thing. Said they had one allocation and took a deposit and placed an order. It showed at 1100 on gmconnects and so I started quizzing them. Eventually (after almost a week) they told me they never had an allocation but sometimes if gm produced more than expected the order could be picked up because it was in the system. If not they could get me a 2013.

I started calling dealers all over the US (over 30 dealerships from Milwaukee WI to Roanoak VA). Any that I found that had an allocation wanted 5000 over MSRP. I finally found a dealer that had one ordered that was close to what I orriginally ordered. It didn't have the stripe or the LPO mats and cargo net. Once they faxed me the order sheet for showing it was sitting at 3000, I put down a deposit.
Zikma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:42 PM   #23
Coolidge

Drives: Dodge 4x4 Hemi
Quote:
I'm new so be kind.....

Tell them to pound sand.
Coolidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:49 PM   #24
CAM....ZL1

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Don't assume that the dealer is lying to you.

They can go into a specific GM Launch site - it will tell them how many ZL1s they're getting - simply ask to see it.

Remember - it's impossible to build all of the ZL1s at once. Everyone (rightfully so) wants to be in the first month or two of build - that can't happen, unfortunately....so your dealer MAY be getting two ZL1s - but we haven't pulled the orders as of yet.
Reread FBOD's last statement do you see how he used all caps for the word MAY, or maybe the month of MAY
CAM....ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 04:52 PM   #25
BlemsBumble

Drives: '13 ZL1 #662; '10 SS; '99 SS
Quote:

In California it is.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:12 PM   #26
speedmon

Drives: C6 Z06
Thanks for the update. The $5K didn't bug me as much as the "extortion" concept....nonrefundable deposit.

Aug and Oct are right around the corner, only 8 months away, so maybe I'll just target the 2013.
speedmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:31 PM   #27
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudRod View Post
When getting warranty work done on my 2010 2ss rs In January I asked dealer if they had any allocations for the LZ1. Yes they replied, we have two at MSRP. I talked to them for a week put down a 2K deposit and they ordered my car so they said. Made plans to sell a car in stable and had wife convinced that she shouldn't divorce me. Well I went to track order yesterday and lo order had been placed by dealer BUT reply from GM Connects said dealer has not received allocation to place order in first place. I called and asked what the hell was going on, sale contact said he would get back to me, and a hour later got a call assuring me my car was ordered and everything was fine. I told them this was BS and they said they would get back to me after they called the regional Gm sales rep. Have not heard a word since. I am a little hot to put it mildly about this. Expected to have car by early June at latest. Am seriously considering telling them to give me my deposit back and put their BS where the sun don't shine. Any Ideas why they would jerk me around like this? And what would you do about it if it was you.

Just because your dealer does not have an allocation to put against your order this month, does not mean he will not have an allocation to put against it next month. Many dealers have not yet received their first allocation yet. Patience my friend....
Old 02-25-2012, 09:34 PM   #28
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedder View Post
I'm experiencing something similar and hope to get it resolved tomorrow. My dealer promised me the car early this week and then called yesterday to say that the order he had already placed in the system before we talked had been pulled and he had to get permission from GM to change the order to my specs. He called back today and said that he got permission and we are all set. What should I ask to see tomorrow to prove this? What status should the order be at? He told me it had a April 16th target build date sheduled. Thanks in advance...
Are you going to be able to handle all this power Mark?