Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 02-25-2012, 09:38 PM   #29
BudRod
Bud Rod

Drives: 2010 SS LS3 Camaro Supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudRod View Post
When getting warranty work done on my 2010 2ss rs In January I asked dealer if they had any allocations for the LZ1. Yes they replied, we have two at MSRP. I talked to them for a week put down a 2K deposit and they ordered my car so they said. Made plans to sell a car in stable and had wife convinced that she shouldn't divorce me. Well I went to track order yesterday and lo order had been placed by dealer BUT reply from GM Connects said dealer has not received allocation to place order in first place. I called and asked what the hell was going on, sale contact said he would get back to me, and a hour later got a call assuring me my car was ordered and everything was fine. I told them this was BS and they said they would get back to me after they called the regional Gm sales rep. Have not heard a word since. I am a little hot to put it mildly about this. Expected to have car by early June at latest. Am seriously considering telling them to give me my deposit back and put their BS where the sun don't shine. Any Ideas why they would jerk me around like this? And what would you do about it if it was you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Don't assume that the dealer is lying to you.

They can go into a specific GM Launch site - it will tell them how many ZL1s they're getting - simply ask to see it.

Remember - it's impossible to build all of the ZL1s at once. Everyone (rightfully so) wants to be in the first month or two of build - that can't happen, unfortunately....so your dealer MAY be getting two ZL1s - but we haven't pulled the orders as of yet.
Scott, GM did not accept my order from the dealership Because Dealer Has NOT RECEIVED ALLOCATION TO PLACE ORDER. Guess you have to have a allocation to place a order along with allocation for the car. The main issue
here is that the dealer was not up front with me about the order status or truth be told the lack of one. I may be dumb but not stupid. Salesman was not informed on this issue but his sales manger knew the score and kept us both misinformed. Was not a Issue of how soon I would get the car but knowing my order was accepted and in line to receive it. What happened to first come first served, especially when you are willing to pony up 62K.
Canceled my Bogus order by E-mail today, and guess I will just have to carry
on with my supercharged 2SS RS, that I was planning on keeping anyway.
Remember people ,these salesmen know you have the fever like a kid on X-mass eve and they will and do take advantage of people.
BudRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:41 PM   #30
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Scott, GM did not accept my order from the dealership Because Dealer Has NOT RECEIVED ALLOCATION TO PLACE ORDER. Guess you have to have a allocation to place a order along with allocation for the car.
Dealerships do not need to have an allocation to place an order.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:45 PM   #31
BudRod
Bud Rod

Drives: 2010 SS LS3 Camaro Supercharged
No Kidding but what good is a order that cant be filled! DUH
BudRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:48 PM   #32
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
I might know a thing or two about this process. What makes you think it won't be filled next month?
Old 02-25-2012, 10:51 PM   #33
rjansen

Drives: '72 GTO, '94 Cadillac, 2012 IOM ZL1
"Allocations" is a very confusing subject. Let's compare an allocation to a ticket stub, which allows you to claim some particular item, in this case a ZL1. Dealers are told that they will get a certain number of "ticket stubs" from GM. Could be one. Could be five. Could be NONE! GM determines how many stubs a dealer will get, with some 'secret unknown formula' (that will drive a person batty trying to figure out!). A dealer does NOT need this stub to place an order and have the six letter/number-combination order number created. And he may possibly still get a stub after he places an order. If he doesn't eventually get a stub, the order will never progress beyond 1100, and will never be built. He places the order with GM and it basically goes on file with them. Then GM, using another secret formula, scours through the orders of dealers with ticket stubs, and decides which stubs to take from which dealers, to use to start scheduling the order to be built. This is known in our jargon as GM "accepting the order"--taking the ticket stub, or using the allocation. Now the order eventually starts moving through the build process. The following order status codes apply through this process.

1100 Order Placed at Dealership
1101 Order Entered into System
1102 Order Entered via Web
2000 Order Accepted by Chevrolet
2001 Order Generated to Dealer
2005 Order Replaced with GM Prospec Order
2030 Order Edited by Chevrolet
2050 Order Changed
2500 Order Preferenced (or "Picked Up" or "Imaged"), Sent to Production
3000 Order Accepted by Production Control
3100 Order Available to Sequence (now becomes more stable)
3300 Order Selected and Scheduled for Production by Assembly Plant (Target Production Week usually available now)
3400 Order Broadcasted for Production (Internal Plant Order Produced)
3800 Vehicle Produced
4000 Vehicle Available to Ship
4104 Bailment Invoice Created
4B00 Bayed ("B", not 8)
4106 Bailment Released
4150 Vehicle Invoiced (Dealer Billed)
4200 Vehicle Shipped
4300 Intermediate Delivery
4V03 Estimated Delivery Date
4800 Rail Ramp Unload
5000 Vehicle Delivered to Dealer
6000 Vehicle Delivered to Customer

To make a long story short--You can be at status 1100 for a long time, with or with out the dealer having a pending allocation. But if he doesn't have one or doesn't get one after your order is submitted, you S.O.L.!

Hope this helps.

Last edited by rjansen; 02-25-2012 at 11:25 PM.
rjansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:07 PM   #34
Zedder

Drives: 40 plus Camaros and counting!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Are you going to be able to handle all this power Mark?
It might be just a little faster than a '67 Z Hylton

Drove 2 hours to the dealership and got a bad feeling about the whole deal, so I left. Found another car locally that was still at 1100 and grabbed that one instead
Old 02-25-2012, 11:20 PM   #35
mmarx82

Drives: '12 ZL1 #1609
Quote:
The message you keep referring to on GMConnects doesn't mean your dealer doesn't have an allocation, it just means if they have an allocation then it hasn't come up yet. GMConnects (Chevrolet Connects) is NOT an official GM website. You need to find out from your dealer if they have an allocation, don't come here asking for our help and belittle the people trying to help you understand the process. My order said the same thing until the dealers allocation came up two months later and is now waiting for parts so that it can be built.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:48 PM   #36
CAM....ZL1

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarx82 View Post
The message you keep referring to on GMConnects doesn't mean your dealer doesn't have an allocation, it just means if they have an allocation then it hasn't come up yet. GMConnects (Chevrolet Connects) is NOT an official GM website. You need to find out from your dealer if they have an allocation, don't come here asking for our help and belittle the people trying to help you understand the process. My order said the same thing until the dealers allocation came up two months later and is now waiting for parts so that it can be built.

you can go to GMLAUNCH if you have a build sheet from order. Register and they will email you a 4 digit code. go back to registration enter the code and BAC # [ on build sheet ] and it will show the dealer order and the # of allications they get.
CAM....ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 04:51 AM   #37
wilmaya

Drives: 1970 Chevelle SS396/496
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAM....ZL1 View Post
you can go to GMLAUNCH if you have a build sheet from order. Register and they will email you a 4 digit code. go back to registration enter the code and BAC # [ on build sheet ] and it will show the dealer order and the # of allications they get.
Thanks. It worked for me.... Mine did show the number they told me. They have been Very Honest about the whole purchase.
ZL1 PZVSH2 VIN #428 02/24/12
Official Delivery Date 04/18/2012
GAZ-Summit White
MN6, B92, RTQ, WBP
Russell Chevrolet, AR
11/15/11, 1100
01/13/12, 2030
01/30/12, 2000
01/31/12, 3000
02/02/12, 3300
02/11/12, 3100
02/20/12, 3400
wilmaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:19 AM   #38
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarx82 View Post

He may have cancelled his order for no reason. My order also says "NOT RECEIVED ALLOCATION TO PLACE ORDER" because the order has yet to be picked up. That's perfectly normal.

The important part is to verify the "estimated production guide number" of the dealership. This will tell you how many 2012 ZL1's the dealership is scheduled to get allocated. If they have two and the first has already been picked up, then the second order will remain at 1100 (aka NOT RECEIVED ALLOCATION TO PLACE ORDER) until GM picks it up. If the estimated production guide number lists two ZL1's, then that second order will get picked up for the 2012 model year, any order after that is not guaranteed.

Of course if you're dealing with an unethical dealer they may place more orders than the estimated production guide number states, tell you that you have one of those slots, and prioritize the other orders ahead of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAM....ZL1 View Post
Wow, very helpful info, thanks. I doubt we're supposed to have access, but I don't see much harm

To the OP, if you have a print out of the order workbench from the dealer, you can register at gmlaunch with the BAC number listed on the workbench. Once registered you can confirm the dealer's estimated production guide number for the 2012 model year.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:23 AM   #39
Oneslowz28
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 #1265
Thanks Cam...ZL1 Wish they would have shown me that page 2 months ago. Now i can put my mind at ease, and their sales team lol
Oneslowz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:16 AM   #40
CAM....ZL1

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ********** View Post
Thanks Cam...ZL1 Wish they would have shown me that page 2 months ago. Now i can put my mind at ease, and their sales team lol

Dealer didn't show me...found it searching for info on GM sites.
Cool , I'm glad it worked for you. My dealer didn't know much, just what he gets from gm workbench-wich is about the same we get from GMconnects. You'll learn much more about your car and how to track it on these forums than any dealer can give you or will give you. I personally found this [ Camaro5forums ] site looking for info on my ZL1,and it has been a pleasure to my eyes every since. Without every one on here it would of been a very long wait .
CAM....ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:04 AM   #41
JLambCWU
JET JOCK

Drives: 2013 AGM ZL-1, Dakota 4x4 Ext Cab
I got screwed by the dealer I went through up at Camp Chevrolet in Spokane, WA too. Wade (sales manager) said he had a first run allocation and would let me have it for MSRP. After waiting 2 months and getting the run around from him he tells me they MIGHT get an allocation around June and he would need $5,000 over MSRP. Reminded him we had an agreement, he said "yeah, we'll sorry". Told him he was a D'bag and I was going to make an example out of him. Aaarrrgh!
JLambCWU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:21 AM   #42
f5journal
Senior Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2011 SS/RS manual - White
I went thru exactly the same thing with my dealer when I ordered my '11 SS. I was irritated that they said they had an allocation but the ordered they placed was not "accepted" during my patient six week wait

I bought elsewhere. But, my car DID arrive at the original dealer eventually. The order would have stuck had I waited a few more weeks.
f5journal is offline   Reply With Quote