Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 04-26-2012, 08:22 AM   #1
Zman12

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Sell Zanio and start over with the full Adams kit?

Okay so here is the deal. Last year right after I got my car I bought the Zanio kit. Basically I have the Z AIO, Z2, Z5, Z6 and the ZFX drops and their car wash. I did the process looked awesome in garage pulled outside and I could see all of the scratches and holograms and that sucked so.

I have been slowly buying a few Adams products and I am about to order their products to start a full correction. I bought a PC already.

So my big question is should I try and sell the Zanio stuff or do the correction with Adams stuff and then still use the Zanio up. Or just start over with Adams and go from there?

Also I did notice that Zanio sells a an actual polish Z PC but I just don't think I want to buy more from them. I like to use one system and try and stick with it.

Oh yeah it is Black... Why on earth I ever got another Black car is beyond me, oh yeah it already had a Whipple on it that is why I went Black
Old 04-26-2012, 08:24 AM   #2
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Do it! Adam's products even smell good too
Old 04-26-2012, 09:42 AM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zman12 View Post
Okay so here is the deal. Last year right after I got my car I bought the Zanio kit. Basically I have the Z AIO, Z2, Z5, Z6 and the ZFX drops and their car wash. I did the process looked awesome in garage pulled outside and I could see all of the scratches and holograms and that sucked so.

I have been slowly buying a few Adams products and I am about to order their products to start a full correction. I bought a PC already.

So my big question is should I try and sell the Zanio stuff or do the correction with Adams stuff and then still use the Zanio up. Or just start over with Adams and go from there?

Also I did notice that Zanio sells a an actual polish Z PC but I just don't think I want to buy more from them. I like to use one system and try and stick with it.

Oh yeah it is Black... Why on earth I ever got another Black car is beyond me, oh yeah it already had a Whipple on it that is why I went Black
Its ok......LOTS of us use a mix-mash of products.....its cool!
Old 04-26-2012, 10:08 AM   #4
Fiveg56

Drives: -
I'm a new Adam's user, and I really like what I've used so far, but I have other brands in my kit (Lots of Armor All products) and I'm going to keep them and use them up. No resason to throw them out. That being said, I did toss out my old microfiber once I got ahold of the Adam's ones. I say keep the Z and use it.

Last edited by Fiveg56; 04-26-2012 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Typo
Fiveg56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:31 AM   #5
charleSS

Drives: 2012 1SS/RS 6m IBM Baby!
My IBM camaro was only two day old and I thought it was shiny! I hit it with the Adams machine polish kit and the Porter Cable orbital and BOOM! Super shiny! I love the glossy wet look. I haven't used/had the chance to use the Zanio. So I can't compare but only to say Adams was very impressive.
Attached Images

charleSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:29 AM   #6
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
Your car looks great! I purchased the Adams kit last fall, and will be using most of it soon, although I did get some blackfire polish and carnuba wax.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:36 AM   #7
chalkupanother1

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT RS
Are the items in you Zaino kit machine polishes are just waxes and sealants? If they are not machine applied polishes, you're not gonna get rid of the swirls on a black car. They must be mechanically removed via a PC and polish. Adam's users get good results...here's a link to what I just did to my swirled black camaro...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218531
Old 04-26-2012, 12:43 PM   #8
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
I'm never one to tell anyone to throw out perfectly serviceable detail products.

If you want to do paint correction with our system, then use up what you have with Zaino as your LSP (last step product) theres no harm.

If you're really interested in swapping over to our line fully I'd at least try to sell what you have to a Zaino user... no sense in wasting it, I'm sure you paid good money to get it.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:23 PM   #9
Angelo@Autopia

Drives: 2014 Ford Focus ST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
Its ok......LOTS of us use a mix-mash of products.....its cool!
Same here, so don't throw out those products. Just get some polishes and you should be set.
Angelo@Autopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:22 PM   #10
Zman12

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post
I'm never one to tell anyone to throw out perfectly serviceable detail products.

If you want to do paint correction with our system, then use up what you have with Zaino as your LSP (last step product) theres no harm.

If you're really interested in swapping over to our line fully I'd at least try to sell what you have to a Zaino user... no sense in wasting it, I'm sure you paid good money to get it.
Dylan thanks for the candid response. I will be calling in the next few days to get an order going. I am hoping for a nice big fat birthday coupon code from you guys I hope my birthday is Saturday. I may still get your sealant to since I am sure I will be getting a kit. Hey it's only money right?