Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 02-26-2016, 08:43 PM   #15
ghosted
BCS Auto

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhoh5oh View Post
Good luck. After the last group buy for the Aggressor 2 only 1 person had a positive turnout with the fascia. A lot of people had problems just finding a shop that would install it. The ones that did find a shop ended up paying an arm and leg to get it fabricated up and installed. The company is called Rideskinz, emphasis on skin because that is exactly what it is. The amount of fabrication that goes into making this thing work is mind numbing; which is why most shops want nothing to do with it. I ended up doing mine with the help of a friend, which worked until the temperature started to cool. I hit an animal earlier this week which damaged my paint on the fascia. I am switching back to stock and couldn't be happier. Quality of material used was poor, it flexes and distorts with temperature changes which causes the paint to crack, and the led light strips were cheap and allowed moisture to get in. Customer service was great during the buying process but once that was complete they disappeared. The return policy states the fascia can be returned as long as nothing has been done to it. This protects them so once you try to make it work your stuck with the piece of crap and they get to keep your money. The amount of money that was wasted on that fascia to try and make it work could have been used on another bumper to customize. I know I am talking about the Aggressor 2 and y'all are considering the Aggressor 3, two different fascias, but from the photos it looks like the same type of poly urethane I had to deal with. The statement on their website about poly urethane retaining it's original shape once heat is applied is questionable. With this fascia mounted on my car I have seen corners raise and body lines distort with temperature changes. I love the idea of what the fascia should look like but it seems like a mixed bag. Just trying to give some insight from personal experience. If y'all do decide to go ahead and do it good luck, you'll need it.
Thanks for your feedback! Reviews like this are great to hear before a purchase. Wonder if Rideskinz will step in and make a statement?

BCS Auto on Facebook - - - Follow me on Instagram @datv6tho & @officialbcsauto
ghosted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 03:32 PM   #16
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhoh5oh View Post
Good luck. After the last group buy for the Aggressor 2 only 1 person had a positive turnout with the fascia. A lot of people had problems just finding a shop that would install it. The ones that did find a shop ended up paying an arm and leg to get it fabricated up and installed. The company is called Rideskinz, emphasis on skin because that is exactly what it is. The amount of fabrication that goes into making this thing work is mind numbing; which is why most shops want nothing to do with it. I ended up doing mine with the help of a friend, which worked until the temperature started to cool. I hit an animal earlier this week which damaged my paint on the fascia. I am switching back to stock and couldn't be happier. Quality of material used was poor, it flexes and distorts with temperature changes which causes the paint to crack, and the led light strips were cheap and allowed moisture to get in. Customer service was great during the buying process but once that was complete they disappeared. The return policy states the fascia can be returned as long as nothing has been done to it. This protects them so once you try to make it work your stuck with the piece of crap and they get to keep your money. The amount of money that was wasted on that fascia to try and make it work could have been used on another bumper to customize. I know I am talking about the Aggressor 2 and y'all are considering the Aggressor 3, two different fascias, but from the photos it looks like the same type of poly urethane I had to deal with. The statement on their website about poly urethane retaining it's original shape once heat is applied is questionable. With this fascia mounted on my car I have seen corners raise and body lines distort with temperature changes. I love the idea of what the fascia should look like but it seems like a mixed bag. Just trying to give some insight from personal experience. If y'all do decide to go ahead and do it good luck, you'll need it.
Glad you chimed in my man... I wanted to say something SOOO bad... but I didn't want to be the one to sit there and ruin everyone's hopes. Yes... guys it CAN be an amazing fascia, but just like he said... it's straight up skin. My shop actually had to fuse thin metal sheets behind the fascia itself and mount a separate piece underneath the middle grille behind the fascia to support the lip of the fascia.

I'll post some pics tonight of what I'm talking about, this thing requires A LOT.. and I mean A FREAKIN LOT of work to make it look decent.

Guys, please rethink this decision.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=410932

Read my horror story and ask yourselves if it is worth it.
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 03:36 PM   #17
ghosted
BCS Auto

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LS
I did some research, and found most people complaining about the aggressor 1, and less so about the aggressor 2. However, aggressor 2 people typically had fiberglass inlaid along the backside to stiffen it up.

Urethane is flexible, but shouldn't be THAT flexible. :/

BCS Auto on Facebook - - - Follow me on Instagram @datv6tho & @officialbcsauto
ghosted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 03:52 PM   #18
Dmpsix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosted View Post
I did some research, and found most people complaining about the aggressor 1, and less so about the aggressor 2. However, aggressor 2 people typically had fiberglass inlaid along the backside to stiffen it up.

Urethane is flexible, but shouldn't be THAT flexible. :/
Look at page 4 of my thread.

I'm not trying to put Rideskinz down.. I'm sure they mean well, I really do. I had the perfect storm of having a possibly defective bumper and a shop that just plain SUCKED at customer service. So it was the worst of both worlds for me.

What did I learn? That the bumper itself definitely requires work to have it reinforced properly. Like I said, it took me THREE trips to shops while towing around that bumper in my truck's bed to have a shop finally say "We'll give it a try!"

Every other shop I took it to "Jack's Paint Place, River City Customs" here in San Antonio TX (both highly rated shops here on the Camaro forums) looked at the bumper and said "Yeah... we're not touching that!"

Rideskinz themselves didn't exactly lie about their product... it is flexible (TOO flexible) but honestly, the bumper I have now is pretty wavy, it looks funny in my opinion because I notice all that horrible things that went wrong to begin with.

The shop I took it too did a ton of custom fabricating, they repaired the holes, bumps and air bubbles in the fascia when it came out of the box, they had to reinforce the inside with thin sheet metal, had to customize the grille portion of it and actually heat it back up to make it mold around the stock grille itself because when I took it out of the box (which it comes folded in half like a fkin hot dog!!) when it came time to mount the grille, the mold of the fascia was so warped that it basically was stuck... Oh my God it sucked having to deal with it all.

If I could do it again, I'd definitely go ZL1 fascia instead.

As far as Rideskinz customer service goes, I can't complain really.. the guy helped me through the ordeal and agreed that my bumper was probably defective, these aren't perfect molds and Rideskinz doesn't have the $10,000+ equipment GM does in order to make these perfect.

So you get what you get, they do have a return policy so long as you DO NOT mess with it. By messing with it I mean painting, cutting, fabricating, etc.
Old 02-27-2016, 03:54 PM   #19
Dmpsix

I'll be honest here too, I'm somewhat active on this site... there's a reason I don't have the Rideskinz fascia of my Avatar... because I miss the original fascia...

This Rideskinz fascia just isn't worth it, take my $1,200 mistake for it all, it just isn't worth the trouble.
Old 04-04-2016, 10:15 PM   #20
Camaro24Seven

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmpsix View Post
I'll be honest here too, I'm somewhat active on this site... there's a reason I don't have the Rideskinz fascia of my Avatar... because I miss the original fascia...

This Rideskinz fascia just isn't worth it, take my $1,200 mistake for it all, it just isn't worth the trouble.
Thanks for sharing. I wanted to get in on this after visiting their website, but now not so much.
Camaro24Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 04:24 PM   #21
The camaro show

Drives: 2015 camaro 2lt
Did this ever come out
Cosmetic mods: SS hood with painted vent, SS bumper, acs 1le front lip black, big worm gfx tinted all lights, solar wing v2, Camaro seat belt pads and oracle color shift halos and fog light halos and rear colorshift bow tie, carbon creations carbon fiber stingray z spoiler
Wheels: lexani r-3 bg finish 19x8.5
Performance: cold air inductions intake, mrt v1, jacfab ported intake manifold, intake manifold spacer, overkill tuned on E85.
The camaro show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 06:51 PM   #22
Jbcamaro

Drives: 2010 camaro
i don't think it ever did , unfortunately. it looked really good
Jbcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote