Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-01-2009, 11:34 AM   #281
Hennessey Performance

Drives: THE EXORCIST
I am now much more comfortable with who is performing the test and how it is being done. We are in 100%. We will send out one intake kit today and another one next week. Looking forward to participating and seeing the results. Thanks to Jannetty Racing for doing this.
Hennessey Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:38 AM   #282
Jason 98 TA

Drives: Camaro
Can we get some pics of how the air fans are setup to blow air across the front of the cars in the testing. Also do you plan on doing a computer reset inbetween pulls? How about fuel what fuel will you use? How about the computer, will you be logging each intake to make sure timing doesn't change?

These are things we look at during testing, just want to get a idea of the game plan!

Thanks

Jason
Jason 98 TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:39 AM   #283
mr_desmo
Banned

Drives: beated up old mini austin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennessey Performance View Post
I am now much more comfortable with who is performing the test and how it is being done. We are in 100%. We will send out one intake kit today and another one next week. Looking forward to participating and seeing the results. Thanks to Jannetty Racing for doing this.
Nice!
mr_desmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:55 AM   #284
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason 98 TA View Post
Can we get some pics of how the air fans are setup to blow air across the front of the cars in the testing. Also do you plan on doing a computer reset inbetween pulls? How about fuel what fuel will you use? How about the computer, will you be logging each intake to make sure timing doesn't change?

These are things we look at during testing, just want to get a idea of the game plan!

Thanks

Jason
Post 257 Please
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 12:05 PM   #285
ToddSS
ZZ Motorsports Sales Rep

Drives: 2010 SIM 1SS
Thank you Jannety Racing for stepping up and putting in the time and effort on this CAI shoot out.
ToddSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 12:11 PM   #286
ZZIXX
Blown SS

Drives: 1969 Camaro RS, 2010 RS/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddSS View Post
Thank you Jannety Racing for stepping up and putting in the time and effort on this CAI shoot out.
+1 !!!

TVS 2300, Comp Cam, ARH, 3" JBA Exhaust, ADM Race CAI, KB BAP, Hurst, BMR, Pfadt Suspension 610RWHP/602RWTQ My Build Thread
ZZIXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 12:31 PM   #287
Inferno Orange 2SS-RS
US Army Retired

Drives: IOM 2SS-RS - A6 (L99)
I plan on getting a CAI. Waiting on the results of this test. Thanks for taking the time to do this.

Inferno Orange 2SS-RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 01:51 PM   #288
camaro1

Drives: 550+RWHP 2010 camaro
are you still allowing more cold air intakes for the test, i just talked with mike at bwoody performance and they would like to get in on the test
415ci stroker, TVS 2300 Magnacharger, cnc heads, cam, yank ss3200 converter, Kooks long tubes, Bwoody true cold air kit, ZL1 Pump, magnaflow 3" cat-back, lowering springs,BMR control arms and tie rod bars, 3.73 gears, diff mounts, RX can, ADM fuel controller
camaro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 02:10 PM   #289
dact

Drives: 2SS Bumblebee
Ted,

Thank you, I can't wait to see the results, I'm holding my purchase until it is all done.

May the best CAI win, thanks to all OTR(manufacturers) for participating.

Last edited by dact; 10-01-2009 at 05:56 PM.
dact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 04:36 PM   #290
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro1 View Post
are you still allowing more cold air intakes for the test, i just talked with mike at bwoody performance and they would like to get in on the test
Yes the more the better.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 04:54 PM   #291
Shifty 6

Drives: 2010 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Not sure that I quite follow this 100% especially the first sentence.
The rest is understandable.

Let me say this in response to the first sentence.

I Ted Jannetty Do Not Manufacture Cold Air Kits of any kind, I am not friends with anyone who manufactures cold air kits, I have a completely open mind and will let the results speak for themselves.

I am doing this To find out for myself What is out there and What works best for my customers, I am a perfectionist and want to share what I know and learn with my customers.

I am a bonafide Car Nut, I love what I do with passion for perfection, I want my cake and eat it too.

I am 45 years old have been in business since age 22, I started with a $10,000 loan from the bank with my dad cosigning and 1700 sq ft. 1 bay garage

I built my business on customer service and attention to detail, 23 years later we are at 9000 square ft in 2 buildings with 8 employees who I personally trained for each position and all of the best equipment available.

I hope this answers some of the questions of my credibility.

Sincerely Ted.
Sorry Ted,

That was supposed to be obviously untrue. My apologies if you took it contrary. I think what I was trying to get across is that the testing IS independent AND non-biased, AND the exact same test for ALL manufacturers. Sometimes my sarcasm doesn't come across. Again sorry.
Shifty 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 06:40 PM   #292
Mod4SS
Resident Expert

Drives: Supercharged 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshJ81 View Post
What is the big deal? It's a serious question not trying to start anything. From all the talk of gains from other threads...
You answered your own question... Listen, this is the first independent test of all current major manufacturers of CAI for the 2010 Camaro. This will give unbiased results and valuable information to all current and future Camaro owners who are in the market to purchase a CAI. Independent testing in other products has proven to be one of the major factors that consumers take into consideration before buying a product even if the results are similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshJ81 View Post
...your only talking about 1 to 5 hp difference from CAI to CAI right?...
This test will validate or dispel rumor...
Old 10-01-2009, 08:22 PM   #293
Number_9

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Reading another thread, I ran across the following... I found it interesting and applicable to this thread. So, I thought that I would share.

NOTE: The information below is copy/pasted from the http://www.ravelco.com/ website, I make no claims to the accuracy... in fact, that's why I am posting it here, as I know that will help determine if it's right or not. While the website presents the information and goes on to relate it to installing their security product, I read it and immediately related it to CAI installations, exhaust, etc.

Quote:
FEARS:

You want to upgrade your vehicle with aftermarket equipment, but you’re worried about putting the vehicle’s warranty at risk. It’s no wonder. How many times have you heard someone at a automobile dealership say that unless the dealer installs your aftermarket equipment you will automatically void your new car warranty? This common misconception has been repeated often enough to be widely believed – though it is a myth and completely false.

FACT:

Dealers don’t like warranty work, because it pays less than normal repair work. By promoting the myth that aftermarket equipment automatically voids warranties, some dealers avoid such low-paying work. Instead, they attempt to charge customers the prime service rate for work which is rightfully done under warranty.

THE TRUTH:

Most vehicle owners are not aware they are protected by federal law: the Magnuson-Moss Warranty – Federal Trade Commission Improvement Act of 1975. Under the Magnuson-Moss Act, aftermarket equipment which improves performance does not void a vehicle manufacturer’s original warranty, unless the warranty clearly and conspicuously states that aftermarket equipment voids the warranty. Most states have warranty statutes, as well. Which provide further protections for vehicle owners.

In other words, that means a dealer can’t wiggle out of his legal warranty obligation merely because you install aftermarket equipment. To find out if any aftermarket equipment automatically voids your vehicle’s warranty, check the owner’s manual. It is likely the language you are looking for appears under a heading such as “What Is Not Covered” Although the language seems negative, remember your vehicle manufacturer is simply saying he does not cover the aftermarket products themselves. He is not saying that the products would void the vehicle warranty.

VEHICLE DEALERS OBLIGATIONS:

Suppose your modified vehicle needs repairs while still under warranty. Without analyzing the true cause of the problem, the dealer attempts to deny warranty coverage. He made his decision simply based on the fact that you’ve installed aftermarket equipment – a convenient way to dodge low-paying warranty work.

An example of how ridiculous this can get is the man who was denied warranty coverage by a dealer on his power door locks, because he had improved his exhaust system! Sounds nuts? It really happened – because that man did not know his rights and challenge the dealer’s decision.

Fact: A dealer must prove – not just say – that aftermarket equipment caused the need for repairs before he can deny warranty coverage on that basis.

YOUR RIGHTS:

Point out to the dealer the provision of the Magnuson-Moss Act- Require that he explain to you how the aftermarket equipment caused the problem. If he can’t – or his explanation sounds questionable – it is your legal right to demand he comply with the warranty.

Fact: If you are still being unfairly denied warranty coverage, there is recourse. The Federal Trade Commission, which administers the Magnuson-Moss Act, monitors compliance with warranty issues. Direct complaints to the FTC at (202) 326-3128. For "The Businesspersons Guide to Federal Warranty Law" and the full requirements of the Magnuson-Moss Act, visit the FTC's web site by clicking here.

Number_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:00 PM   #294
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number_9 View Post
Reading another thread, I ran across the following... I found it interesting and applicable to this thread. So, I thought that I would share.

NOTE: The information below is copy/pasted from the http://www.ravelco.com/ website, I make no claims to the accuracy... in fact, that's why I am posting it here, as I know that will help determine if it's right or not. While the website presents the information and goes on to relate it to installing their security product, I read it and immediately related it to CAI installations, exhaust, etc.

All true Number 9.

Andy
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote