Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 4th Generation Camaros

Old 07-07-2016, 01:57 AM   #1
Fbody3800

Drives: 1995 Red F-Body
95 Misfire mystery!

So I recently came across a 95 3.8 camaro with 114000 miles and no rust well maintained for $500. Great deal right? So as anyone buying a used car should I immediately bought and replaced the fuel filter, fuel, oil and filter,spark plugs and wires, and put a new open element air filter on it to tune it up and get it back in the road(car had been sitting around for sometime) but after doing the plugs and wires and I did the air filter at this time also, it wasn't running perfect before but it started to misfire and load up with no low end power. Sometimes when I'm already going 40+ and stomp the gas it will downshift and take off but other times it acts like it's under a load. Read it with my scanner and keeps showing p0300 (multiple/random cylinder misfire) I've sprayed carb cleaner around intake doesn't seem to react I've also checked all plugs and wires for bad connection and nothing there. Please help not sure what to check or if anyone's had these problems. Also not sure if related but the abs inop light came on. Also Keep in mind stock exhaust.
Fbody3800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 04:55 AM   #2
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbody3800 View Post
So I recently came across a 95 3.8 camaro with 114000 miles and no rust well maintained for $500. Great deal right? So as anyone buying a used car should I immediately bought and replaced the fuel filter, fuel, oil and filter,spark plugs and wires, and put a new open element air filter on it to tune it up and get it back in the road(car had been sitting around for sometime) but after doing the plugs and wires and I did the air filter at this time also, it wasn't running perfect before but it started to misfire and load up with no low end power. Sometimes when I'm already going 40+ and stomp the gas it will downshift and take off but other times it acts like it's under a load. Read it with my scanner and keeps showing p0300 (multiple/random cylinder misfire) I've sprayed carb cleaner around intake doesn't seem to react I've also checked all plugs and wires for bad connection and nothing there. Please help not sure what to check or if anyone's had these problems. Also not sure if related but the abs inop light came on. Also Keep in mind stock exhaust.
What was the end result?
PDXSSCE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro, chevy, fbody, misfire, spark