Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 04-22-2014, 04:35 PM   #1
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Thumbs up Get Tuned by RDP (dynosteve)

Not everyone has one of our illustrious Camaro5 dyno shops locally. We should be grateful to have as active participants the numerous dyno shops on here that we do. I am not stationed within range of one of these shops, so I had to do some research.

RDP is an active forum vendor with a great tuner in dynosteve. Steve helped me out with some great parts for my Camaro, and I already wrote review about how awesome his parts are and similarly importantly how awesome his Australian accent is. Seriously, who else can boast a great deal on your favorite intake with a side of kangaroo?

Today, I installed my tune using the new X4 device from SCT. This handheld tuner has a lot of options, making personalized tuning fun, but the side-by-side comparison with Steve's work leaves no doubt in my mind that this guy knows what he's doing. The shifts on my A6 are significantly firmer, and the power is without a doubt all there. The car just wants to move.

Sure, you're going to tell me that I should have gotten a dyno tune or that I left something on the table, but truth be told there isn't much left based on my basic bolt-ons. If I were concerned that the tune wasn't right, I know that I can go back to Steve and talk to him about it. In fact, he asked for feedback, which in my opinion is the mark of someone who truly seeks to please his customers.

If you're looking at remote tuning, you've got a lot of options. Many of them are great, but I went with Steve at RDP and I can only speak to the excellence of his work.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:45 PM   #2
LBreezie

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th anniversary
Haha yeah, his accent is pretty cool. I had my axel back welded there. So far no complaints!
LBreezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 02:06 PM   #3
matthew9440

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I want to get my car dyno tuned by Steve!!! Just gotta get my headers installed.

matthew9440 is offline   Reply With Quote