Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 11-24-2009, 11:41 AM   #29
P. Ham

Drives: IOM 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyjrt View Post
do you know if they had to sand the area and take off the clearcoat, I assume the did. and did they go down to the primer or just paint over the old paint?
Good question. I don't know. I will contact my dealer and try to find out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abygale View Post
I also noticed you had your side mirrors painted black as well. That looks sharp. Did you have them paint your spoiler black as well?
Actually the side mirrors are probably my favorite feature. It just "works". They also did the spoiler....among other things. I'll have more of an official "introduction" to my car in the next couple days so you guys can see what all they did. I just need to gather some pics.

I've only had the car since Saturday and went to a Camaro5 meet the day after so I'm still in a daze.....too much excitement.
P. Ham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 11:50 AM   #30
kellyjrt

Drives: 2010 CAMARO ABM 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Ham View Post
Good question. I don't know. I will contact my dealer and try to find out.

Actually the side mirrors are probably my favorite feature. It just "works". They also did the spoiler....among other things. I'll have more of an official "introduction" to my car in the next couple days so you guys can see what all they did. I just need to gather some pics.

I've only had the car since Saturday and went to a Camaro5 meet the day after so I'm still in a daze.....too much excitement.
the answer to that question will determine how long the paint last without chipping off, and did they add another clearcoat over the painted spears etc.
I really am curious about these answers.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:25 AM   #31
gt2serious
Dan Hall / SS-IN-TX

Drives: SW/2SS/RS/11-11-09 It's all mine!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyjrt View Post
the answer to that question will determine how long the paint last without chipping off, and did they add another clearcoat over the painted spears etc.
I really am curious about these answers.
Hi everyone! My name is Dan and I work at Lundquist Chevy where Paul bought his car and where we had his car painted. I sell the cars and Roy runs the paint and body shop. Hood spears cost $275.00. The hood is tapped off and sanded until a dull adheasive surface is achieved. The hood is then removed, taped for the spears, color is shot, tape removed and three coats of clear are applied then the hood is polished out and re-attached. For any questions please feel free to contact me at 210-363-4600 or just pm me. If you are searching for ideas of things to do on your car you may want to contact P Ham as he gave me my photoshop of what I am currently having done to my Camaro! (sorry Paul!)
Old 11-25-2009, 11:44 AM   #32
mjlash22

Drives: 2007 Ford Fusion SE
What do you guys think would look better on a CGM, white or black. Haven't been able to find any pics, and I definitely like the look of these spears.
3000 = Accepted By Production Control 1/7/10 (TPW: 2/1/10)
3400 = Broadcast 1/23/10
3800 = Produced 2/2/10 (2G1FC1EV6A9189068)
4150 = Invoiced 2/5/10
4200 = Shipped
5000 = Delivered To Dealer
6000 = Delivered To Customer
mjlash22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 12:12 PM   #33
rico-2SS
Thx TZD.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged Custom Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt2serious View Post
Hi everyone! My name is Dan and I work at Lundquist Chevy where Paul bought his car and where we had his car painted. I sell the cars and Roy runs the paint and body shop. Hood spears cost $275.00. The hood is tapped off and sanded until a dull adheasive surface is achieved. The hood is then removed, taped for the spears, color is shot, tape removed and three coats of clear are applied then the hood is polished out and re-attached. For any questions please feel free to contact me at 210-363-4600 or just pm me. If you are searching for ideas of things to do on your car you may want to contact P Ham as he gave me my photoshop of what I am currently having done to my Camaro! (sorry Paul!)
Wish I lived in Texas
You guys did a great job on that car.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:45 PM   #34
gt2serious
Dan Hall / SS-IN-TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by rico-2SS View Post
Wish I lived in Texas
You guys did a great job on that car.
Thanks! If I did'nt COMPLETELY trust my guys I would never let them touch my car or recommend them to others. I can't wait to see my car finished! I will post pics of it when it's through.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:27 PM   #35
P. Ham

Quote:
If you are searching for ideas of things to do on your car you may want to contact P Ham as he gave me my photoshop of what I am currently having done to my Camaro! (sorry Paul!)
Thanks for opening that big ol' can of worms Dan. I plan on stopping by this Friday to pick up some extra touch up paint so I can keep her lookin' good as new. Hopefully your car will be finished by then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlash22 View Post
What do you guys think would look better on a CGM, white or black. Haven't been able to find any pics, and I definitely like the look of these spears.
I think white would be cool. I haven't seen that yet.

I'm entertaining the idea of putting an emblem on the spear but not sure what. I can't put SS :(. Then again, I kinda like the clean look.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:30 PM   #36
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I'm going to get black spears like P. Ham and have SS show through from the original paint if I can. My car is going to be CGM and I want something very subtle. I have to decide if I want glossy or matte black spears.

I'm going to print those pics you posted of your spears, P. Ham, and show them to the shop so they can see what I want. Yours look very classy.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 01:45 PM   #37
P. Ham

Believe it or not, I think the glossy will be more subtle. Depending on the angle the reflections can really cover up the spear quite a bit.....which I like. You almost have to specifically be looking for it at times. Of course it really depends on the angles.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:58 PM   #38
kellyjrt

Drives: 2010 CAMARO ABM 2LT
Quote:
Good answer, you are only sanding the cowl area where the spears will be of course? the rest of the hood is covered. If you added more clear to the factory clear wouldn't it change the finished look of the surrounding original paint? I do agree the work you did looked great.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:29 PM   #39
gt2serious
Dan Hall / SS-IN-TX

Hey Paul! Hope you have a great Thanksgiving! I am going to be out of town on friday so I wanted to say "sorry I missed you" and I think Roy said he has some touch-up paint for you. He won't be laying the stripes for mine until friday so I can't see it until monday when I get back. I'm sure it will turn out great! Talk to ya soon.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:12 PM   #40
P. Ham

I'll let Roy know you want flames instead. Enjoy your Thanksgiving!
(kidding about the flames part)
Old 11-25-2009, 04:20 PM   #41
gt2serious
Dan Hall / SS-IN-TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Ham View Post
I'll let Roy know you want flames instead. Enjoy your Thanksgiving!
(kidding about the flames part)
Ha ha ha (I hope) Hey, when are you planning on posting the rest of your pics? You need to let me know where they are posted on the site...I had a hard time finding this thread.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:04 PM   #42
P. Ham

Ya sorry about that. It'll be soon. I can't tell you how many things are hitting me at once right now. Right after work (don't get off until 7pm) I'm going to be helping some people move some stuff (I have a feeling I'll be there for a while) but I'll *try* to get something up late tonight if I can stay awake. Of course tomorrow I'll be with family so if nothing else it will be Friday for sure that I post something. I'll let you know once they're up.