Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 10-15-2012, 12:11 AM   #15
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Thanks for your service!!! As mentioned above.....

Old 10-16-2012, 03:17 PM   #16
Austin45
The Logistician

Drives: 2012 LFX 45th Anniversary
Subscribed.

Can't wait to see this.

I had a Pontiac G5 GT... just felt like a toy car even after modding. :(
Old 10-16-2012, 05:04 PM   #17
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
Thanks for the subscriptions guys! I'm happy to see there is legitimate interest beyond my own with my 1LE "build". This is going to be fun and I'll answer any and all questions in as much detail as I can.
I didn't get a VIN today but maybe tomorrow :P
Old 10-17-2012, 05:32 PM   #18
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

My 1LE was "built and bayed" 10/16. I'm TOLD the NLT delivery date is set as 10/26.

Here are the options I added to my 1LE:
2SS
RS Package
7" Touch screen navigation
ZL1 dual mode exhaust
Premium Sound
Interior pedals/cup holder illumination

MSRP when I built my car on Chevy came to $45,195.

Invoice price on my car directly off the invoice is $42,697.81.

I'll be paying $41,819.94 (ish)

Not too shabby :P
Old 10-17-2012, 09:01 PM   #19
Jessika
Account Suspended

Drives: Anything Blown
YaaaaaaaaaaaY!!!
It's gonna be a long week!

Sent from my insanely great iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
Jessika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:23 AM   #20
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
I subscribed too and look forward to future posts.

Question: did you look at the Eddlebrock E-Force 1598? Thoughts on their package?
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:28 AM   #21
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Drives: Red '79 Z28, '21 Red Hot M6 ZL-1!
Thumbs up SSG Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKXOST View Post
My 1LE was "built and bayed" 10/16. I'm TOLD the NLT delivery date is set as 10/26.

Here are the options I added to my 1LE:
2SS
RS Package
7" Touch screen navigation
ZL1 dual mode exhaust
Premium Sound
Interior pedals/cup holder illumination

MSRP when I built my car on Chevy came to $45,195.

Invoice price on my car directly off the invoice is $42,697.81.

I'll be paying $41,819.94 (ish)

Not too shabby :P
Hi Warfighter Brandon ,

I'm an Army Civilian, so God bless your work in the field for all of us! Your evolving 1LE will be an interesting story of progress in what's possible for our cars. Alas, my 1LE will remain mostly stock for a while as it's my daily driver to the Depot. I'm sure that your progress will affect what I do to my car, so I'll watch and learn. My main interest at first will be your CAI system. I really like those headers you've chosen, too. Will headers by themselves void the warranty?

Good luck with your beautiful car, and I'll be watching!

I guess I'll keep a baseline for you, as I'll run autocross with mine stock for a while.

Take care out there!:party0038:

Tara

Tara Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:52 AM   #22
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperchargerConnection View Post
YaaaaaaaaaaaY!!!
It's gonna be a long week!
Without a doubt! Especially if I get sent to D.C. this week and the car shows up and I'm tons of miles away(waiting on funding approval to go work for the Presidential Inauguration Committee until late Jan)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
I subscribed too and look forward to future posts.

Question: did you look at the Eddlebrock E-Force 1598? Thoughts on their package?
I briefly looked at them but right off, I don't like the appearance of them.
I also didn't like that the kit comes with 52lb injectors(too small)
Additionally, for $7K it was too much for that kit when I got my TVS shipped to my door for $5,500.

Thanks for the subscription! I'll post as many pics as I can and hope to make a few people decide on things that they may want to do to theirs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara Martin View Post
Hi Warfighter Brandon ,

I'm an Army Civilian, so God bless your work in the field for all of us! Your evolving 1LE will be an interesting story of progress in what's possible for our cars. Alas, my 1LE will remain mostly stock for a while as it's my daily driver to the Depot. I'm sure that your progress will affect what I do to my car, so I'll watch and learn. My main interest at first will be your CAI system. I really like those headers you've chosen, too. Will headers by themselves void the warranty?

I guess I'll keep a baseline for you, as I'll run autocross with mine stock for a while.

Tara
Thanks for your kind words Tara My entire build will take "2 days and maybe into a third". Depending on if I can get a few days off to be there for the build, will determine when I'll do the build. Tentatively planned to be done early to mid Dec.

FYI- I didn't get the CAI system, the washer relocation kit I wanted didn't work with CAI so I went with RotoFab intake in all black.

I liked CAIs insulated box for avoiding heatsoak and general appearance but I'll be installing the AI Chiller so I've already solved that problem anyways :P

again
Old 10-20-2012, 07:00 AM   #23
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara Martin View Post
Hi Warfighter Brandon ,

Tara

The headers themselves won't void the warranty but a tune of any kind will. If you don't tune when you get the headers you will most likely get a check engine light. There is a flash counter with the computer so even if you change your tune back to stock when you take it in for warranty work, they will still know.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:10 AM   #24
TrekGTO

Drives: 05 GTO / JETTA TDI
Your Super Chiller will ship Tuesday, my welder took this past week off with his rock climber in Alabama, Jerry works at his pleasure LOL. The ZR1 and Hummer kits that were ahead of you used my last 90deg custom AN fittings, 2 each, this and surprise missing welder caught me off guard. Most kits only use 1 90deg and one straight.

TVS delivered for $5,500 and $100 off list on Super Chiller, you must know some one!

First E Force I worked with I was impressed with there kit, and wanted to trade my Maggie out for one. Now my experience has me less impressed with them. Don’t get me wrong they put together a clean installation kit. I have a first gen CTS V on the lift now with an E Force over spun on a built LS3 for the Xtreme Chiller Project.

I don’t know if RotoFab has updated there CAI but the ones I have worked with rub on the AC line and make checking AC difficult. This is something very disturbing in my trade.

TrekGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:18 AM   #25
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrekGTO View Post
Your Super Chiller will ship Tuesday, my welder took this past week off with his rock climber in Alabama, Jerry works at his pleasure LOL. The ZR1 and Hummer kits that were ahead of you used my last 90deg custom AN fittings, 2 each, this and surprise missing welder caught me off guard. Most kits only use 1 90deg and one straight.

TVS delivered for $5,500 and $100 off list on Super Chiller, you must know some one!

First E Force I worked with I was impressed with there kit, and wanted to trade my Maggie out for one. Now my experience has me less impressed with them. Don’t get me wrong they put together a clean installation kit. I have a first gen CTS V on the lift now with an E Force over spun on a built LS3 for the Xtreme Chiller Project.

I don’t know if RotoFab has updated there CAI but the ones I have worked with rub on the AC line and make checking AC difficult. This is something very disturbing in my trade.

Good info! Thanks.
Are there any slight angle/bend mods that can be done with your kit to avoid this problem?

P.S. Yeah I might know a couple cool people
Old 10-20-2012, 08:33 AM   #26
TrekGTO

Drives: 05 GTO / JETTA TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKXOST View Post
Good info! Thanks.
Are there any slight angle/bend mods that can be done with your kit to avoid this problem?

P.S. Yeah I might know a couple cool people
The tight fit in picture is factory AC line and normal RotoFab CAI. Relocating washer tank may change this, I don’t know? All the Camaros with RotoFab CAI I have worked on still had the stock washer tank. I’m not purposely bashing RotoFab but as someone who is always working with AC I can tell you technicians don’t like it when they can’t connect there gauges EZ. Nothing with the Super Chiller can change this.
TrekGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:46 AM   #27
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrekGTO View Post
The tight fit in picture is factory AC line and normal RotoFab CAI. Relocating washer tank may change this, I don’t know? All the Camaros with RotoFab CAI I have worked on still had the stock washer tank. I’m not purposely bashing RotoFab but as someone who is always working with AC I can tell you technicians don’t like it when they can’t connect there gauges EZ. Nothing with the Super Chiller can change this.
Fair enough....I guess I'll find out during my build and I'll have to try and provide feedback
Old 10-27-2012, 09:03 PM   #28
avellanet.jr
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #77
Any particular reason besides maybe cost you chose pfadt springs versus coil overs?
avellanet.jr is offline   Reply With Quote