Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 01-18-2010, 10:28 AM   #127
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by meanmike View Post
I would like to have the 6.2 and I may wait but I'm still going in for a test drive later today. Although I will not be taking it bajaing < spelling? I will do some offroading in it so it might not be an issue for me.
LMK how it goes, the local dealer here got 1 in and it sold before I even had a chance to look it over.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:33 AM   #128
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
Chop the tail off, and I might consider one...
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 11:09 AM   #129
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelogic View Post
If it's somewhat common, then why is there not more evidence of it happening? I mean, I could understand when there where only a few Camaros on the roads, but this car has been in production since April. I figured we'd be able to see multiple instances of GT500's getting beat on YouTube or Streetfire by now. Unless of course, those types of scenarios are not so common or the GT500 guys are all excellent drivers.
I guess I didn't articulate clearly enough. I did not mean that it is common for a better than average Camaro driver hanging with a below average GT500 driver. I meant that it is more common for a GT500 to have a poor launch, due to its "power to grip" ratio, in other words its easier to screw it up in the GT500 than the Camaro or Mustang GT.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 11:11 AM   #130
Georgie

Drives: Camaro... soon
the SS prices aren't bad at all. the prices for the SS include the 20s and brembos... 2SS is basically a loaded car
Old 01-18-2010, 01:42 PM   #131
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
Just to give a visual comparison of prices, all include destination

Base V6: $22995.00
Premium V6: $26695.00
Base GT: $30496
Premium GT: $33695.00

Camaro 1LS: $23530.00
Camaro 2LT: $24730.00
Camaro 2LT: $27725.00
Camaro 1SS: $31795.00
Camaro 2SS: $34795.00

Challenger SE: $23160.00
Challenger R/T: $31585.00
Challenger SRT: $41995.00
I think what you have to remember here is that though the Camaro looks (and is) over 1k more expensive than the comparable GT, the GT doesn't come standard with the upgraded Brembo brakes which would pretty much erase any price gap.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

For comparison's sake, yes the Mustang is cheaper. And we don't even know if you really NEED the Brembos to out brake the heavier Camaro... But the Camaro at 34k is better equiped than the GT at 33k. Your not getting the same car for 1k less.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:16 PM   #132
1bad65
Banned

Drives: 2007 Mustang GT
With the 2011 prices (and likely performance) as close as they are, it's really up to individual personal preference imo. Though the Camaro was a good bit more expensive than the 2009-10 Mustangs, it did have a significant performance advantage. Now it appears things are gonna be pretty balanced.
1bad65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:27 PM   #133
Stew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
I think what you have to remember here is that though the Camaro looks (and is) over 1k more expensive than the comparable GT, the GT doesn't come standard with the upgraded Brembo brakes which would pretty much erase any price gap.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

For comparison's sake, yes the Mustang is cheaper. And we don't even know if you really NEED the Brembos to out brake the heavier Camaro... But the Camaro at 34k is better equiped than the GT at 33k. Your not getting the same car for 1k less.

Braking wise the Camaro is better equipped, option for option I'd guess the Mustang is better equipped. The question is, how many are really going to NEED the Brembos? Maybe 1% of Mustang drviers? The 2010 GT stopped just as well as the Camaro with Brembos in tests, (as did the nonBrembo Camaro), now FADE resistance is another thing and would come in handt at an autocross or racing with turns that requires frequesnt braking, how many Mustangs, or Camaros for that matter, do you think will see that use? Also have to take in to consideration for the everyday buyer, the price of replacing Brembo arts vs the standard brakes for maintenence.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:33 PM   #134
rodimus prime
Account Suspended

Drives: Cargo van.
Quote:
Braking wise the Camaro is better equipped, option for option I'd guess the Mustang is better equipped. The question is, how many are really going to NEED the Brembos? Maybe 1% of Mustang drviers? The 2010 GT stopped just as well as the Camaro with Brembos in tests, (as did the nonBrembo Camaro), now FADE resistance is another thing and would come in handt at an autocross or racing with turns that requires frequesnt braking, how many Mustangs, or Camaros for that matter, do you think will see that use? Also have to take in to consideration for the everyday buyer, the price of replacing Brembo arts vs the standard brakes for maintenence.
Lame arguement. The same could be said for almost any performance factor of the cars.

Who will test the 1/4 mile/ slalom/ skidpad/ ect ect.
rodimus prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:13 PM   #135
Stew

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimus prime View Post
Lame arguement. The same could be said for almost any performance factor of the cars.

Who will test the 1/4 mile/ slalom/ skidpad/ ect ect.
A simple lane change, slalom, or 1/4 mile is not going to overwhelm the brakes. And it is not a lam argument, it is the truth. And nope, you can't do that with all performance factors of the cars, fact is a non Brembo GT will stop in roughly the same distance as a Brembo equipped SS, accept in situations with repeated hard braking, ie a track that goes more than stright.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:34 PM   #136
rodimus prime
Account Suspended

Drives: Cargo van.
Quote:
A simple lane change, slalom, or 1/4 mile is not going to overwhelm the brakes. And it is not a lam argument, it is the truth. And nope, you can't do that with all performance factors of the cars, fact is a non Brembo GT will stop in roughly the same distance as a Brembo equipped SS, accept in situations with repeated hard braking, ie a track that goes more than stright.
You missed the point.

Ill explain.

The average person is never going to push these cars to its full potential, so saying braking doesnt matter because people will never push it to actually need the brembos is stupid. Fact is, it is there and it can be used so the mustang has to deal with it. On a track it would matter and it would make a difference. It doesnt go away because you dont think its fair.
rodimus prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 05:07 PM   #137
2K05GT
Muscle Car Fanatic

Drives: 2017 Shelby GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyan74 View Post
Camaro FTW!

Regardless if the mustang is faster, it won't be by much. And the Camaros looks will make up for that if it is lol. I have a mustang and they are wayyyy too common.
Thats Funny...
I live in the DC Area (Northern Virginia) and I am seeing a lot more Camaros on the road than the Mustangs now.. My 1 hour Commute I used to see 3-5 Mustangs now I am seeing 6 Camaros a day, The more on the road means Success, You had better hope for the Camaro to be way too common for it to last. If GM Does not Sell the crap out of them they may do the way of the 4th Gen.. The Mustangs Survival has always been due to the fact they can sell the crap out of them (Except the 2010) but people were waiting for the new engine.

Hey Any word on a 2011 Camaro Price increase? the Convertable is coming out right?

With the Performance gain and lower weight than the camaro Ford Figured that they can bump the price just under the camaro and offer a car that performs a bit better, Yes they are loosing the whole best bang for the buck advantage but then again Ford is doing very well overall as a American Car Company (Stock is Way up) sure wish I would have bought some last year.....
2005 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey - Sold

Last edited by 2K05GT; 01-18-2010 at 05:20 PM.
2K05GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 05:32 PM   #138
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K05GT View Post
Thats Funny...
I live in the DC Area (Northern Virginia) and I am seeing a lot more Camaros on the road than the Mustangs now.. My 1 hour Commute I used to see 3-5 Mustangs now I am seeing 6 Camaros a day, The more on the road means Success, You had better hope for the Camaro to be way too common for it to last. If GM Does not Sell the crap out of them they may do the way of the 4th Gen.. The Mustangs Survival has always been due to the fact they can sell the crap out of them (Except the 2010) but people were waiting for the new engine.
I see a about 3-5 5th gen Camaros a week on average. And 15+ Mustangs (2005+) So to me they are not as common as Mustangs. I know the Camaro is not going to be rare, it isn't a ferrari, but it is still way less common in general than mustangs. I hardly see any challengers, maybe 1-2 a week, but imo they are kinda ugly

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 05:35 PM   #139
2K05GT
Muscle Car Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimus prime View Post
You missed the point.

Ill explain.

The average person is never going to push these cars to its full potential, so saying braking doesnt matter because people will never push it to actually need the brembos is stupid. Fact is, it is there and it can be used so the mustang has to deal with it. On a track it would matter and it would make a difference. It doesnt go away because you dont think its fair.
I took my 2005 Mustang GT to VIR (Virginia International Raceway) in 2006 and Pushed my car as hard as I could and still did not out do my stock brakes. Well not fully stock, I run Powerslot rotors and Hawk Pads but the Calipers are stock and the car performed better than expected. That was a Blast but I still Like Drag Racing better.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:46 PM   #140
2K05GT
Muscle Car Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyan74 View Post
I see a about 3-5 5th gen Camaros a week on average. And 15+ Mustangs (2005+) So to me they are not as common as Mustangs. I know the Camaro is not going to be rare, it isn't a ferrari, but it is still way less common in general than mustangs. I hardly see any challengers, maybe 1-2 a week, but imo they are kinda ugly
Well I personally Like the Challengers, I see about 3 a day, I pay attention to cars I like so My 1 hour commute each way can be fun... I don't see a lot of GTO's though, 1-2 per day. I see about 8-10 vettes a day though.

You know I doo see about 30-40 Mustangs on the weekends but that could be due to our Mustang Club Meetings

Our Mustang Club is a Sister club to the Northern Virginia Corvette Club. We will do alot of events together, Track Days, Drag Days, Car Shows, it's a Lot of Fun. I like Corvette Owners they are Cool people and they give us props when they are due, (Mostly when Drag Racing LOL) but they Kick are asses at the Track Days.. Vettes rule the track The Camaro Clubs won't join us at the events (I guess Camaro People Think of it as Slumming) Not sure. I will find out why when I get my Camaro....