Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 06-15-2011, 03:29 AM   #43
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodscamaro View Post
Look at the facts, the elantra was picked as a better car by far than the Cruze (Motor Trend). If GM gave 10 year 100,000 warranty’s they would go bankrupt again. Toyota Camry walked away from the Malibu in that comparison (Motor trend). Mustang rates higher than the Camaro both hard top and convertible. Heck, you can pick apart every vehicle GM has in their lineup. Why, I think they’ve made improvements over time but not class leading improvements. Hence, they are on par only, let’s see a birdy. Heck, you can pick apart every vehicle they have in there lineup. They really don't have one winner!! Think about it!!!
Bold =
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:47 AM   #44
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Look at the facts, the elantra was picked as a better car by far than the Cruze (Motor Trend). If GM gave 10 year 100,000 warranty’s they would go bankrupt again. Toyota Camry walked away from the Malibu in that comparison (Motor trend). Mustang rates higher than the Camaro both hard top and convertible. Heck, you can pick apart every vehicle GM has in their lineup. Why, I think they’ve made improvements over time but not class leading improvements. Hence, they are on par only, let’s see a birdy. Heck, you can pick apart every vehicle they have in there lineup. They really don't have one winner!! Think about it!!!

This post is so full of fail. I can pick apart ANY car on the market. Easily.

It's not our fault you haven't been paying attention to GM's recent offerings. Go to a GM dealer, then a Toyota dealer, then a Honda dealer, and the clear winner becomes very evident very fast.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:22 AM   #45
rodscamaro

Drives: 07' TAHOE LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
If all those cars are all so superior to the Chevy's, how is it possible that the Camaro, Cruze, and Malibu were the best selling cars in their segments last month? Perhaps because real buyers don't really care how thick an A-pillar is or how long it takes the transmission to automatically downshift, and pay far more attention to how a car looks & feels.

Best-selling is really not the tell all, if you lower the price/interest rate enough people will bite. Here's my question, what does GM put out that is class leading among its own segment? I am looking at the magazines/reviews, (value included) all of them can’t be wrong.
rodscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:24 AM   #46
rodscamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post

This post is so full of fail. I can pick apart ANY car on the market. Easily.

It's not our fault you haven't been paying attention to GM's recent offerings. Go to a GM dealer, then a Toyota dealer, then a Honda dealer, and the clear winner becomes very evident very fast.
I disagree
Old 06-15-2011, 09:26 AM   #47
King Sun
Casual Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Black LS V6
Quote:
Best-selling is really not the tell all, if you lower the price/interest rate enough people will bite. Here's my question, what does GM put out that is class leading among its own segment? I am looking at the magazines/reviews, (value included) all of them can’t be wrong.
go to a dealership yourself and try the new gm cars out and go to those other dealers and see for yourself.
King Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:29 AM   #48
rodscamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Sun View Post
go to a dealership yourself and try the new gm cars out and go to those other dealers and see for yourself.
I only buy American, I haven't been to a foreign dealer in decades. I purchased a loaded Equinox last month and my wife really likes it but I maybe having some mechanical problems already.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:29 AM   #49
FenwickHockey65

Quote:
Cruze ECO: Class leading highway fuel economy.
Equinox/Terrain: Class leading highway fuel economy.
Camaro V6: Class leading V6 horsepower.
CTS-V: Fastest production sedan in the world until the super low-volume Panamera beat it at the Nurburgring.
7th gen Malibu: Up until recently the most fuel efficient car in its class.
2012 LaCrosse w/ standard eAssist: Class leading highway fuel economy, plus an interior that destroys the ES350's.
Corvette: Enough horsepower to run with and beat the exotics while costing hundreds of thousands less.
Volt: Easily best in class, more practical than the half-assed, poorly engineered Leaf.

And if you honestly believe everything the magazines say, I have a bridge to sell you.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:30 AM   #50
FenwickHockey65

Quote:
I only buy American, I haven't been to a foreign dealer in decades. I purchased a loaded Equinox last month and my wife really likes it but I maybe having some mechanical problems already.
I love the fact that you think our cars aren't "up to par" when you have NOTHING TO COMPARE THEM TO.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:12 AM   #51
rodscamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
I love the fact that you think our cars aren't "up to par" when you have NOTHING TO COMPARE THEM TO.
You’re the type that likes to take things out of context, I said Par not up to par.

I’m not going to debate each vehicle mentioned in your last post although it would be easy to do.

To reiterate, American car companies have come a long way, and GM is giving their best foot forward, I think in such a competitive market that GM is just missing the mark, by a very small margin. I want to see GM do better at a more affordable price point. I believe GM should focus on quality foremost.

Last edited by rodscamaro; 06-15-2011 at 10:25 PM.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:23 AM   #52
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
I have owned many cars, both domestic and import (Japanese and German), I have considered and proven from personal experience that domestics did not compare in quality to the imports. Just in the past 5 years that domestic car manufacturers realized that american car buyers are not just buying cars on "patriotism" anymore, they want QUALITY. The imports provided them the quality. Domestics have come a long way and are catching up quick.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:57 AM   #53
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
This year, Toyota expects to see profit fall by 31 percent compared to last year due to the earthquake, tsunami and nuclear disasters of March of this year.
No, they should expect to see profits fall that much by the way they have carried themselves over the last 6 years. POORLY!
Old 06-15-2011, 11:59 AM   #54
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Motor trend is an opinion. Don't take it to heart.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:28 PM   #55
FenwickHockey65

Quote:
You’re the type that likes to take things out of context, I said Par not up to par.

I’m not going to debate each vehicle mentioned in your last post although it would be easy to do.

To reiterate, American car companies have come a long way, and GM is giving their best foot forward, I think in such a competitive market that GM is just missing the mark. I want to see GM do better at a more affordable price point. I believe GM should focus on quality foremost.

Okay, keep telling yourself that.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:00 PM   #56
chain777

Drives: Slow
I watched the Motortrend comparison recently, and thought it was well done. I don't have any brand loyalty, especially when it comes to economy cars. My top three picks mirrored those that Motortrend picked. I might have leaned towards the Focus over the Elantra, but that dual clutch transmission scares me. The Cruze, while a fine car, just doesn't do anything for me emotionally. It looks like an appliance with a nice interior, and while the power-train is efficient, it's also weak.

JMO, but watch for yourself and draw your own conclusions:

Anyway, the Japanese aren't the real threat right now, it's the Koreans. Both Hyundai and Kia are on a roll.

*just want to add. Look at the EPA fuel economy ratings compared to what these cars achieved in this test.
chain777 is offline   Reply With Quote