Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 10-19-2012, 11:06 AM   #1
the_fast_one

Drives: 2017 red hot zl1
Thinking about the 1LE - dealer is ordrring in one to my specs.

Well I'm considering picking up the 1LE over going back to a vette. I have a buddy that is a sales man at the local Chevy dealership and he stated they have 4 slots available for order next month. He told me to send him the specs on how I would order it and he would put it in as one of the four units.

I am under no obligation to purchase and of course it will be bumped if four people show up with cash to order one. Any way if it goes to plan the will have 2ss, 1le, IOM, body color grill, dm exhaust, body color engine cover, audio upgrade. I am unsure about the grill though.

I won't be ready to pull the trigger til this summer as I want to get all ny other stuff paid off first. One thing I don't like is it will be on the showroom floor so if its bought before I get to it there will be two of the exact same running around.

Last edited by the_fast_one; 10-19-2012 at 11:19 AM.
the_fast_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:07 PM   #2
VR1LE
lighten up Francis

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
did it get ordered yesterday? Mine already shows 10/19/2012 as the accepted date on the GM track site

VR1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:55 PM   #3
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fast_one View Post
Well I'm considering picking up the 1LE over going back to a vette. I have a buddy that is a sales man at the local Chevy dealership and he stated they have 4 slots available for order next month. He told me to send him the specs on how I would order it and he would put it in as one of the four units.

I am under no obligation to purchase and of course it will be bumped if four people show up with cash to order one. Any way if it goes to plan the will have 2ss, 1le, IOM, body color grill, dm exhaust, body color engine cover, audio upgrade. I am unsure about the grill though.

I won't be ready to pull the trigger til this summer as I want to get all ny other stuff paid off first. One thing I don't like is it will be on the showroom floor so if its bought before I get to it there will be two of the exact same running around.
What are you thinking about? Maybe we can help talk you through it so you can decide to put a deposit down to hold it until the Spring? Otherwise...order another one next year if this one is sold. They'll be plenty!
Old 10-21-2012, 09:01 AM   #4
the_fast_one

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
What are you thinking about? Maybe we can help talk you through it so you can decide to put a deposit down to hold it until the Spring? Otherwise...order another one next year if this one is sold. They'll be plenty!
I'm trying to decide between going back to the corvette or trying the camaro. Last time I test drive one I really liked it but felt heavy and a little sluggish. I am loving all the reviews on the 1le package so far. Once the dealer gets it in and I get a chance to drive it the paper work will be filled out. I pretty much decided yesterday that I am gonna buy it, throw on headers, intake, and later a cam and call it a day.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:12 PM   #5
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
I'm trying to decide between going back to the corvette or trying the camaro. Last time I test drive one I really liked it but felt heavy and a little sluggish. I am loving all the reviews on the 1le package so far. Once the dealer gets it in and I get a chance to drive it the paper work will be filled out. I pretty much decided yesterday that I am gonna buy it, throw on headers, intake, and later a cam and call it a day.
Congratz!
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:46 PM   #6
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Well...Cool!

The 1LE definitely has a much more nimble feel to it than the SS. It's a wonderful value! Congrats!
Old 10-21-2012, 07:23 PM   #7
the_fast_one

Quote:
Well...Cool!

The 1LE definitely has a much more nimble feel to it than the SS. It's a wonderful value! Congrats!
From what I have read hear and the mags it seems to be the perfect match for me. I love the looks of the 1LE package and I think the upgrades it provides should make it feel quicker and more nimble, less like a sedan and more like a sport/muscle car should feel.

It will all come down to a good thorough test drive

My friend said the car should be on the lot before Christmas. It will make a hell of a 30th birthday/ Christmas gift to myself.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:26 PM   #8
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
I love the looks of the 1LE package and I think the upgrades it provides should make it feel quicker and more nimble, less like a sedan and more like a sport/muscle car should feel.
I can tell you from first-hand experience: It Does!
Old 10-22-2012, 12:42 PM   #9
the_fast_one

Quote:
I can tell you from first-hand experience: It Does!
Awesome. I an really looking forward to it. It will look sweet in my garage