Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 04-26-2013, 02:53 PM   #211
My Caroline

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro LS
This Dale fellow spends a lot of time squatting at the ring
Non-RS to RS and fog light harness by Gen5DIY
LED Interior, Trunk, and Licence Plate lights in white
ZL1 Spoiler with Gen5DIY harness
Factory NPP cat back
Blacked out tail light bezels
Factory 20 inch wheels wrapped in Nitto Motivos
Lowered 1.25inch on Eibach Pro springs
My Caroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:06 PM   #212
Wolverine

Drives: RX-8
Actually I think these two videos are from someone else. The thing that I notice from the second video is that tire noise from the Z/28 when cornering is very little. The confusion is when the Z/28 is almost to the trees and you hear loud squealing noise. Which is actually the SUV even before it enters the view of the camera.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:10 PM   #213
ForgedReality
Envy

Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS - Black hood/hockey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
Actually I think these two videos are from someone else. The thing that I notice from the second video is that tire noise from the Z/28 when cornering is very little. The confusion is when the Z/28 is almost to the trees and you hear loud squealing noise. Which is actually the SUV even before it enters the view of the camera.
SSV*
ForgedReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:02 PM   #214
Zfatuated

Drives: BAC Mono
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
The thing that I notice from the second video is that tire noise from the Z/28 when cornering is very little.
Characteristic of the Pirelli Trofeo tire. They don't make much, if any, noise at the limit. Very gooey and sticky.
Zfatuated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:29 PM   #215
StephenS_84
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
I'm not impressed with the video either. No sense in arguing with ppl that just can't handle someone saying anything bad about a camaro.
StephenS_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:00 PM   #216
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenS_84 View Post
I'm not impressed with the video either. No sense in arguing with ppl that just can't handle someone

saying anything bad about a camaro.
I thought you were complaining about the video?
Old 04-26-2013, 09:20 PM   #217
StephenS_84
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
I was, but it's funny that most on here act like someone commited a crime if they say anything bad about a camaro. I love the car, but the video is crap.
StephenS_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:55 PM   #218
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
I love the 5Gen Camaro. The perfect blend of retro and forward design. However the 2014 changes are...wrong. Unfortunately they will pay a price in lower sales. On the other hand the Z/28 looks great (but I much prefer the 2010-2013 rear)
Old 04-26-2013, 10:58 PM   #219
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
I love the 5Gen Camaro. The perfect blend of retro and forward design. However the 2014 changes are...wrong. Unfortunately they will pay a price in lower sales. On the other hand the Z/28 looks great (but I much prefer the 2010-2013 rear)
The Z28 looks like a lowered '14 SS to me. Both make the current car look older. And to me the back looks cleaner now. I think everyone will get used to the new look and things will settle down. I wish I could buy a Z28, but I think a 1SS 1LE will be as close as I get. sigh.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:09 PM   #220
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenS_84 View Post
I'm not impressed with the video either. No sense in arguing with ppl that just can't handle someone saying anything bad about a camaro.
That's not the problem. The problem is when the poster insults the people, not the car. People are excited about the Z28 because we have been told it is even better than the already great ZL1 and 1LE. Here is some evidence.

I think its interesting how the posts in this thread analyzed the short videos. Best thread I read tonight. Every other '14 Camaro thread is full of hate on the details of the styling. And none of the haters have ever seen a '14 in the flesh. "I don't like the tail lights." "They won't sell any of these." "Really glad I have my 2011." Really boring.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:41 AM   #221
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
That's not the problem. The problem is when the poster insults the people, not the car. People are excited about the Z28 because we have been told it is even better than the already great ZL1 and 1LE. Here is some evidence.

I think its interesting how the posts in this thread analyzed the short videos. Best thread I read tonight. Every other '14 Camaro thread is full of hate on the details of the styling. And none of the haters have ever seen a '14 in the flesh. "I don't like the tail lights." "They won't sell any of these." "Really glad I have my 2011." Really boring.
True. Here's what it boils down to. It's fine to not like something, or take a contrary point of view or have a difference of opinion. But what many posters do not take into account is their choice of words when doing so. More often than not it is demeaning, inflamatory, or incitefull. Then, when they are called out for it, they attempt to defend their poor choice of words by using the defense that one cannot saying against a Camaro. It's not what you say....it's how you say it. At times I really feel for those responsible who bring us the product like the engineers, designers, who read some of this rubbish. Input, tactfully elicited is one thing, derogatory demeaning bashing is another. Take a stance, defend your position....but be more diplomatic with the language.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:55 AM   #222
ParisTNDude
Owning SSes for 50 Years

Drives: Sharkskin Grey LT1
Having spent a lot of time in Germany and 20 laps or so at Nurburgring, I know the German car nuts watch what's happening on the track carefully. I can just imagine them saying, "Ach du liebe, so schnell, ist das Americanische Camaro! Was denks du, es is mere scheller den eine Porsche, GTR?!!".

There are spots around the outside of the track where the general public can watch whatever goes by, but they can only see it for the few seconds in view. These videos were most definitely not GM shots.

Do you think GM wants this car to beat the ZL1? If so, I'm pretty sure it would mean the early demise of the Supercharged Z. I'm definitely hoping it's within my means to buy at some point in time...I know I could never afford a new one, so I'm gonna wait til one of you guys decides they want a 6th gen and I will get your Z28!

Previous Performance Cars:

1966 Chevelle SS 4M, 2010 Corvette 6M
1968 Dodge Charger R/T Auto 2012 1SS 6M
1982 Corvette Auto 2010 1SS 6A
1984 Corvette Auto 2016 2SS 8A
1999 Camaro Auto 2017 HBM 1SS 1le
2002 C5 Corvette 6M 2018 2SS
2006 Corvette Auto 2023 Camaro LT1
ParisTNDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:27 AM   #223
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
The ZL1 is not a track specific car... the Z/28 is... comparing them may be an automatic reaction but it is really pointless other than to "gauge" the performance of an unknown to a known.

GM will sell all the Z/28s they can make... even is they were all painted pink with white polka dots.

Last edited by tramtwo; 04-29-2013 at 09:57 AM.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:36 AM   #224
ForgedReality
Envy

Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS - Black hood/hockey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
The Z28 looks like a lowered '14 SS to me. Both make the current car look older. And to me the back looks cleaner now. I think everyone will get used to the new look and things will settle down. I wish I could buy a Z28, but I think a 1SS 1LE will be as close as I get. sigh.
I thought all 1LEs were 2SS...?
ForgedReality is offline   Reply With Quote