Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-22-2009, 09:46 PM   #1
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS, 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to pinkcamaro10
The first week with un-pink camaro! (a review with pics)

Alright, since i decided to surprise everyone and wait until my car was painted to post anything... Here is the story of how the first week went down.

Monday 6/8
I have my dealer contact the DBC to find out when i should be expecting my car. He finds out that it made it to the railyard in Nashville on Friday, and was loaded on the truck this morning, and would either arrive that evening, or on Tuesday morning. I was so excited I drove to town and stayed a couple hours just incase. I really wanted to see it come off the truck.. No luck that night.

Tuesday 6/9
I was expecting a call EARLY in the morning telling me to come pick up my car and it just didn't happen. I thought "great, more let down, will it ever get here?" So I went to work not expecting to see my baby at all. My phone rings at 11:30, my car was being unloaded.. I was in the middle of a haircut so I couldnt make it, but luckily my dealer took plenty of pics for me. I get there as soon as I can. My dealer takes me to the back lot where she was waiting to be washed and detailed. I see her and it was love at first sight. After 5 hours at the dealership i FINALLY got to drive my car off.

only 4 miles on her when she got there

This was the VERY first time I saw my car.

Ready to be driven!!!

Took one pic before i drove off!

FIRST IMPRESSIONS.

So, my car was the first 2010 camaro I have driven. I was so excited.....The first thing I thought when I got in the drivers seat was "Holy Blindspots". I love the interior, the feel of the steering wheel, the comfort of the leather seats, the gauges, everything is PERFECT. After driving the car for a while the blindspors are really no big deal anymore, just had to get used to them. I put the car into drive pushed on the peddle and was SHOCKED at the power of the V6. This car is so much fun to drive, and each day it just gets better, it will never get old or boring to me. I Absolutely LOVE my car.

I put 100 miles on my car the first night. Tons of thumbs up, nods, waves, yells, compliments, and questions. And i will happily wave, smile back, and answer any question and be as nice as i possibly can. I won't ever give camaro people a bad name.

[IMG]http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp256/pinkcamaro10/DS****96.jpg[/IMG]

I love the interior at night!!

Wednesday 6/10
I park my car in front of my salon, because i am SO scared about door dings right now, and honestly.. I just want to stare at the car all day. About 20 people stopped in the parking lot, walked around the car, peeked inside. Everyone of those people with a smile on their face. This really is an amazing car. I drove around town again, I will never get sick of driving this car. Today there was cops taking pics with cell phones out their windows, still tons of people breaking their necks to see the car.

Thursday 6/11
I decided to get my windows tinted. Got an appointment for 1:00. When i dropped the car off the people must have thought i was crazy because before i left i said "now, I don't have to worry about anyone joy riding in my car, right? Because I know how many miles are on it". LOL... I REALLY missed my car the 3 hours it was gone getting tinted. But it was well worth it. The tint is FormulaOne, Classic series in 35%. It was $250. Then decided to take the car to the park and get some good pics!

Friday 6/12
My FIRST weekend with my car!! I was soooooooo excited. Too bad it was raining like hardcore all night. But I pulled into Sonic to get a slush and pulled right beside a mustang and as soon as the guy saw my car, he screamed "OMG CAMAROOOO!!!!!!!" like a girl! It was the funniest thing ever. He jumped out of his car and took a good look around my car and gave a lot of compliments on it. EVERYONE loves the camaro!

Saturday 6/13
Parked the car infront of the salon as usual, and a cop car pulls up, he gets out and i could almost see the drool... lol.. He opens my door and asks if it's my car and i say "yes it is!!!" and I went outside and we talked about the car for about 30 minutes and he called his other cop friend to look at it. I'm glad the cops like the car, and I made friends with him, because I just know that im gonna get pulled over for my very first speeding ticket in this car. The ride is so smooth you barely notice how fast you're going!! Went to a close by "bigger city" rode around, ate dinner, went shopping. I'm still having a hard time parking in parking lots... :( Took some pics of course!!

Does my GPS mount look okay?? It's the only thing that would work.

My Camaro made her first friend!!!!

Well This concludes the first AMAZING week with my car!

Umm.. here are some vids i have too

I know this is nothing new but.. im gonna post it anyways

Last edited by pinkcamaro10; 06-22-2009 at 11:54 PM.
pinkcamaro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:50 PM   #2
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Well, that solves the navigation screen problem with the Camaro. Just mount it in your cupholder.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:54 PM   #3
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
Keep on havin fun
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:56 PM   #4
Rockytophummer

Drives: 2006 Hummer H2 2010 2SS Camaro
Congrats Bueatiful car! Glad you have great attitude towsrds people asking you questions. Cause the more you drive it believe me youll get them. Today is mines 1 week birthday for me having it. Mines IOM not nearly as different as pink but sometimes it takes nearly 10 mins of talking to people who just love the car. Funniest thing been asked so far was by a older gentalman who had to be pushing high 80s-90s asked me what country built my car. I tell them its american and they said the thought it had to be a ferrari or lambo. I just laughed said no shes american muscle. Cant wait to see her after you get her done.
Rockytophummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:00 PM   #5
MikeySoft
Mikey

Drives: 2010 CorvetteGS, 2010 3LT RS Camaro
That was an Amazing Story...

That was Amazing. If I'm ever in AL I'll come and have my hair cut! My 15 Year old called me over to the computer to read your tail. Please post more exciting and interesting Camaro experiences!

MikeySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:14 PM   #6
sabrescamaro

Drives: TB SS and temporarily 2LTRS VR
That's a great write-up! It's amazing how this car can just make people happy! The nav screen actually looks great in the cupholder, haha, as long as it's not in the way of your arm...
sabrescamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:22 PM   #7
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
Loved the review. Glad your enjoying it. We still have a few more weeks..
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:24 PM   #8
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
I'm so jealous. Congrats and I think you made the right decision in waiting for it. =P
Old 06-22-2009, 10:26 PM   #9
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS, 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to pinkcamaro10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeySoft View Post

That was Amazing. If I'm ever in AL I'll come and have my hair cut! My 15 Year old called me over to the computer to read your tail. Please post more exciting and interesting Camaro experiences!

yes please do!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrescamaro View Post
That's a great write-up! It's amazing how this car can just make people happy! The nav screen actually looks great in the cupholder, haha, as long as it's not in the way of your arm...
Nope, doesn't get in my way at all!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
I'm so jealous. Congrats and I think you made the right decision in waiting for it. =P
It was TOTALLY worth the wait.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:33 PM   #10
MRSBMCS

Drives: 06 H3, 07 Chev truck, 10 2SSRS
Congrats Pink! I'm glad you're having so much fun! If you could make the wait, so can !
Old 06-22-2009, 10:39 PM   #11
DCJ

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
Great review and nice pics!
Old 06-22-2009, 10:45 PM   #12
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkcamaro10 View Post
yes please do!!!

Nope, doesn't get in my way at all!

It was TOTALLY worth the wait.