Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 03-29-2013, 08:22 AM   #267
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by flht99b View Post
Chevy builds or built this car, it's called a Z06. And it has creature comforts like A/C and a good audio system. I seriously doubt the new Z/28 at 3800 lbs can run with a like tire shod 3200 lbs Z06 on a road course, just the laws of physics. I can't wait to hear the complaints about the '14 Z/28 tires and brakes in real street use, they are far more race oriented than the ZL-1. Now anyone that has actually driven a Z06 on an extended trip on real street roads ( I have ) will tell you this is one uncomfortable car over extended seat times on the street. It is noisy, rough and even feels crude at times until the speedo gets into the triple digit range. The C6 Z06 is/was a track car with luxury amenities to satisfy the aging demographics of Corvette owners, bragging rights about a 427 cu.in. 505hp Corvette. Unfortunately most Z06's are garage queens and only see occasional duty carting golf clubs on the weekends. I really wanted the new Z/28 ( had 2 - '69's and a '79 ) BUT after seeing the 2014 Z/28, I'd rather spend the cash on a 1 or 2 year old Z06 and use my modded 2010 SS/RS for extended trips. Off topic but I'm curious as to where the GM engineers mounted the oil tank for the dry sump system in the 2014 Z/28. I also wonder if they finally separated the brake and clutch hydraulic systems reservoirs.
Ed M.
There's a lil bit more to it than simply the Laws of Physics, but 600 lbs. is certainly a mitigating circumstance. However, sometimes the end product is MORE than the sum of its parts. And the GT500, for one, will find that out at the nearest Walmart/K-Mart/slalom/autocross/road course...

Since that 662 hp monster is going to be overcome by the next-Gen Mustang glacier, what could Dearborn possibly have up their sleeve for a head-to-head next April??
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:27 AM   #268
Forty5th

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SQUALO View Post
Overall, I think GM missed the mark on the design of this car (Z/28), even with the intention of making it primarily a track car. Most previous Z's were street worthy cars (i.e. with daily immenities INCLUDED). Deleting things to make a car lighter, just doesn't sell cars. People want all the necessitites & comforts for everyday driving, along with the performance for the track, if you choose to do that (job well done on the current ZL1).

GM should not dictate how WE will drive this car, that's the owners choice, afterall, we're the ones putting out the BIG BUCKS!
Remember who your customers are, we're everyday people, NOT race car drivers!

To hear the Z is going to cost more than the ZL1 makes ABSOLUTELY no sense at all. I would soon buy the ZL1, before even considering the Z/28; after this debut, I would soon consider upgrading to a pre 2014 ZL1.

In conclusion, I hope that GM really steps back and considers these public reviews, takes them seriously, and makes better choices for the 6th Gen Camaro. If they screw up the 6th Gen design, we can kiss the Camaro name good-bye...this time FOREVER!

Times change; objectives change; what was present decades ago doesn't need to be 100% replicated nowadays. Be glad that GM engineers made the '14 Camaro Perfomance lineup quite enticing with a spectrum of choices... Z/28 > ZL1 > 1LE > SS > LFX... if it's clear the Z isn't for you, then just move on to your next option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolFan66 View Post
LOL!!! you have no clue do you? The #1 selling sports car the last three years and running.. They will sell every one of these cars just as fast as the COPO's with or without you and the rest of the haters in this thread..

As someone said earlier in this thread. this car could come with the bare floors and they would sell every one of them..
Forty5th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:29 AM   #269
MR 45TH

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Overall, I think GM missed the mark on the design of this car (Z/28), even with the intention of making it primarily a track car. Most previous Z's were street worthy cars (i.e. with daily immenities INCLUDED). Deleting things to make a car lighter, just doesn't sell cars. People want all the necessitites & comforts for everyday driving, along with the performance for the track, if you choose to do that (job well done on the current ZL1).

GM should not dictate how WE will drive this car, that's the owners choice, afterall, we're the ones putting out the BIG BUCKS!

To hear the Z is going to cost more than the ZL1 makes ABSOLUTELY no sense at all. I would soon buy the ZL1, before even considering the Z/28; after this debut, I would soon consider upgrading to a pre 2014 ZL1.

In conclusion, I hope that GM really steps back and considers these public reviews, takes them seriously, and makes better choices for the 6th Gen Camaro. If they screw up the 6th Gen design, we can kiss the Camaro name good-bye...this time FOREVER!
Couldn't agree more!
Old 03-29-2013, 08:32 AM   #270
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:

Again, they offer Camaros that can de driven daily with plenty of amenities. You're focusing too much on the Z28 name and are used to what it was for almost 30 years, just a Camaro with a V8 and some suspension upgrades. That's not what the Z28 started life as though.

If you all had your way, then GM would not even build this car because they already have cars in the lineup that are exactly what you're asking for, they just don't say Z28 on the fenders and decklid.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:34 AM   #271
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Like I said a year or two ago, I knew if they brought the Z/28 back there would be many that would love it but more wouldn't because its not their idea what a Z/28 should be.
Reflecting back on all the changes to the 2014 models many don't like it because the changes are not what they wanted to see. It's human nature.

But its Chevys ball and they can play any game they want with it. You can play along with them or find something else to play with.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:56 AM   #272
KSCamaro

Drives: Still Looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
But its Chevys ball and they can play any game they want with it. You can play along with them or find something else to play with.
I don't think anyone disputes that, I certainly agree with you.
After the recent unveil, it's time to move on and look elsewhere for a ride.
KSCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:10 AM   #273
GM4lyfe
A GM nut-swinger!

Drives: A Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by flht99b View Post
Off topic but I'm curious as to where the GM engineers mounted the oil tank for the dry sump system in the 2014 Z/28. .
Ed M.
If you check out the under hood shots of the Z/28 its located in front of the engine. Between the intake and fuse box.
GM4lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:23 AM   #274
zl1fun

Drives: 2013 ZL1 # 1029 black
As previously stated ...several times......THERE IS A CAMARO FOR EVERY TYPE OF DRIVER! The new z28 looks to be a bad ass track car! LOVE IT!! If you want more creature features.....buy a ZL1 or a caddy.... Frankly, I wish they would make a stripped down ZL1 with less weight.I guess I could remove some of the interior and bust out the side and back windows and replace them with plastic and titanium ...but I prefer to make mine lighter by burning off several gallons of fuel and running on an 1/8 tank...remember that....never fill up.....6 lbs (roughly) per gallon and your friend next to you....200 lbs plus....sub thump box..etc...off subject...sorry
zl1fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:34 AM   #275
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
GM could throw the Z/28 name plate on the ZL1 and these guys would still cry about how they can't have one..

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:57 AM   #276

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
I'm ok with what they did with the Z/28...There are plenty of streetable, dd Camaros to be had...I been thinking about all the unhappy thoughts, and if anything troubles me, it's that if they would just make that damn LS7 engine as an option for the SS or the 1LE, lol, then how they built the Z/28 would not be an issue for many...

...I'm glad they built the Z/28 as the monster that they did...but give the rest of us a chance to have an LS7...Don't think that would hurt the Z/28's mojo with all it's other fantastic track features one bit...

...Just a thought, dunno if any others feel that way...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:03 AM   #277
SS 376

Drives: 2010 IBM 1SS (Former)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Like I said a year or two ago, I knew if they brought the Z/28 back there would be many that would love it but more wouldn't because its not their idea what a Z/28 should be.
Reflecting back on all the changes to the 2014 models many don't like it because the changes are not what they wanted to see. It's human nature.

If everyone finds something else to play with, Chevy would be out of business...
SS 376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:08 AM   #278
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:

Please quit copy/pasting your response in EVERY STINKING THREAD!!!

You're wrong on every point (my opinion). Time will prove who's right
Old 03-29-2013, 10:20 AM   #279
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Why can't I have a V6 Z/28 price tag??

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:53 AM   #280
MR 45TH

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolFan66 View Post
GM could throw the Z/28 name plate on the ZL1 and these guys would still cry about how they can't have one..
I always get a kick out of these forums when someone post an opinion based question and when certain people dont agree with what others say they are said to be complaining and whining