Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-06-2011, 10:37 PM   #1
cybergrayls3

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss/rs..m6..CGM
installed borla atak today!

Hey guys...I ordered my borla atak catback from apex speed a few days ago and received it today. I installed it today at work and i love how it sounds!...the pops and gurgles on decel sound mean as Hell and keep it from sounding like a mustang. It's not very loud at part throttle but when u get down on it, it gets very aggressive sounding with a nice bark. It's not quite loud enough for me so long tubes will probably be in my future...I have a black CAI intake coming in a few days so that might make it a little louder. Overall I love the exhaust and Chase from apex speed was very helpful and will definitely be getting my future business.
cybergrayls3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 05:23 AM   #2
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybergrayls3 View Post
Hey guys...I ordered my borla atak catback from apex speed a few days ago and received it today. I installed it today at work and i love how it sounds!...the pops and gurgles on decel sound mean as Hell and keep it from sounding like a mustang. It's not very loud at part throttle but when u get down on it, it gets very aggressive sounding with a nice bark. It's not quite loud enough for me so long tubes will probably be in my future...I have a black CAI intake coming in a few days so that might make it a little louder. Overall I love the exhaust and Chase from apex speed was very helpful and will definitely be getting my future business.
Thank you for your order and the mention. Enjoy!

Last edited by Apex Motorsports; 05-07-2011 at 02:59 PM.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 02:50 PM   #3
barnesql

Drives: 95' Z28, 2010 2ss RS
Just a heads up, but a lot of guys say LT's plus Atak is not the best sound. The CAI will help for sure though.

Magnaflow 3" Competition Series Catback
Off road x-pipe
Kooks LT Headers
barnesql is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 03:35 PM   #4
Chiefs Fan

Drives: 11 Vert, 2SS/RS, M6, Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybergrayls3 View Post
when you installed the Borla catback did you have to do any cutting to remove the stock exhaust? Thanks
Chiefs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 06:14 PM   #5
cybergrayls3

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnesql View Post
Just a heads up, but a lot of guys say LT's plus Atak is not the best sound. The CAI will help for sure though.
The raspier the better in my opinion...
Old 05-07-2011, 06:16 PM   #6
cybergrayls3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefs Fan View Post
when you installed the Borla catback did you have to do any cutting to remove the stock exhaust? Thanks
No cutting at all...had the old exhaust off in about10 minutes and the new one on in 20..the fitment of the borla was amazing
Old 05-07-2011, 06:18 PM   #7
XtremeHeartbeat
"The MistreSS"

Drives: 2011 Black Camaro 2SS RS 6M
I also got my ATAK from chase, and didnt have to cut factory exhaust at all... the whole thing comes off in one shot. I would like to know if the CAI makes a differance, I put mine on at the same time, so I dunno what effect it had.
XtremeHeartbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 06:33 PM   #8
cybergrayls3

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeHeartbeat View Post
I also got my ATAK from chase, and didnt have to cut factory exhaust at all... the whole thing comes off in one shot. I would like to know if the CAI makes a differance, I put mine on at the same time, so I dunno what effect it had.
Gotcha...my intake is running a few days behind the exhaust so as soon as I put the intake on ill let u know what kind of change if any it has on the tone
Old 05-08-2011, 07:04 PM   #9
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefs Fan View Post
No cutting is required, it is a true "bolt on" system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeHeartbeat View Post
Thank you for your order too.
Old 05-09-2011, 01:03 AM   #10
Jason7
NorCalCamaros.com

Drives: 2010 2SS White
I paired the atak with the Borla XR-1 1 7/8 long tube headers (catless) and its loud as hell. I went on a cruise with seven Camaro 5 members not to long ago and almost everyone of them complimented it...

Jason
Jason7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:02 AM   #11
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason7 View Post
I paired the atak with the Borla XR-1 1 7/8 long tube headers (catless) and its loud as hell. I went on a cruise with seven Camaro 5 members not to long ago and almost everyone of them complimented it...

Jason
I'd like to see a video if you get the chance.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:26 AM   #12
cybergrayls3

Yea id love to hear a video if you have one