Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southcentral

Old 02-23-2015, 04:39 PM   #1
Hetfield03

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Black/IOM
Why is it so hard to find a good local painter?

I can scour and find pages where people recommend a good graphics painter in just about any state... Except for KY.

I'm trying to have IOM rally stripes painted on and cleared smooth, and I have come across two recommended painters. One who does it in his free time and another who has his own shop. The latter has been sick and couldn't come up with an estimate even before getting sick with me bringing the car by.

The first guy has been extra busy due to snow. After telling me to call back in two weeks, now says try back in late March.

I get it. Things happen. But there has to be more than two quality painters in the state of Ky. I don't want to wait anymore.
Hetfield03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 04:52 PM   #2
Camarodriver2

Drives: FOR SALE! Bumblebee 1 of 1
A good painter will be about $1000 for the stripes and then adding clear coat to the trunk and hood so you can't feel the stripe line edge.

Or about $500 to do the stripes only and clear them - you'll see the raised paint.
My 1 of 1 Bumblebee: Paint=House of Kolor Sunrise. Shaved door handles and concept handles added. Shark fin removed, concept mirrors, Showstoppers concept LED side marker lights. Wiper blades removed, muffler delete, and Range AFM disable. BMR springs lowered 1" rear and 1.4" front and added Eibach wheel spacers - 20mm rear and 25mm front.
Camarodriver2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 05:48 PM   #3
Hetfield03

I agree. Thats the ballpark estimate I got from the first guy. I wanted swirlies from previous owner removed too. But finding someone to do it not all body shops do stripes. I guess I'll have to do some calling around. Its just nice to hear testimonials instead of putting blind faith into someone.
Old 02-23-2015, 05:50 PM   #4
Muscle Car Memories

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS,6 Speed,NPP Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hetfield03 View Post
I can scour and find pages where people recommend a good graphics painter in just about any state... Except for KY.

I'm trying to have IOM rally stripes painted on and cleared smooth, and I have come across two recommended painters. One who does it in his free time and another who has his own shop. The latter has been sick and couldn't come up with an estimate even before getting sick with me bringing the car by.

The first guy has been extra busy due to snow. After telling me to call back in two weeks, now says try back in late March.

I get it. Things happen. But there has to be more than two quality painters in the state of Ky. I don't want to wait anymore.
The problems ive always found with body men, car painters, construction workers, house painters and the like is that they are either just out of rehab, going into rehab or on work release from jail. This is a common problem all across the USA. Sad but true.
Muscle Car Memories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 08:48 PM   #5
Hetfield03

Eek.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:17 PM   #6
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
Quote:
Eek.
x2
Tenring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 09:24 AM   #7
Rocky1974

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS M6 Camaro
Quote:

What part of Kentucky are you in?
2010 RJT 2SS M6, Kooks Long Tubes, NPP Exhaust, CAI Cold Air w/Jannetty Scoop, RotoFab Washer Bottle, Elite Engineering Catch Can, MGW Shifter w/ZL1 Shaft and Knob, 2015 SS Sedan Steering Wheel and Air Bag, 2012 Heater Hose Conversion, 2012 Power Seat Conversion, RS Head Lights,Gen5DIY RS Conversion Harness, LED Fog Lamp Bulbs, Backup Camera Kit, NLP Spoiler, SLP Splitter, ZL1 Rockers and Diffuser, Color Matched Shark Fin, RS Roof Mouldings, Painted White Stripes, WCC LS3 Emblems, Heritage Grille and Blacked Out Tail Light Panel w/Retro SS Emblems, 416 RWHP, 411 RWT, Tuned by BlueCat.
Rocky1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 11:19 AM   #8
Hetfield03

Louisville, Jefferson County.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:59 AM   #9
Hetfield03

Bump
Old 02-25-2015, 08:39 AM   #10
chef-beavis

Drives: IOM 2013 2SS/RS, Greenie, 06 FXSTBi
Coming from a good painter, the problem is that few humans possess the patience, tenacity, AND talent required to be good at the trade. Those that do go broke because nobody wants to pay extra for good work. The older I get the more I seem to realize how lazy mos people are. Sad, really. The next generation doesn't look good to improve, either.
chef-beavis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
iom, paint, rally, stripes