Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 01-06-2013, 11:22 AM   #3361
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
So I picked up my barebones AR last night!! Time to start buying toys for it I'm caught up between an EOTech and Aimpoint optic for it right now. I read great reviews on both. BUIS are already in the mail, so now it's on to the optics.

The thing I like about the EOtech over the AP I'm looking at is the size. The EOtech is a little more compact, so it takes up less rail space. The disadvantage is that the battery life doesn't last nearly as long. Price isn't really a big difference between the two, so that doesn't matter.

This is like picking up mods for the car... so difficult to make a decision. Who is running these brands and what do you all have as a preference?
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:46 AM   #3362
GaBoy25

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimus View Post
So I picked up my barebones AR last night!! Time to start buying toys for it I'm caught up between an EOTech and Aimpoint optic for it right now. I read great reviews on both. BUIS are already in the mail, so now it's on to the optics.

The thing I like about the EOtech over the AP I'm looking at is the size. The EOtech is a little more compact, so it takes up less rail space. The disadvantage is that the battery life doesn't last nearly as long. Price isn't really a big difference between the two, so that doesn't matter.

This is like picking up mods for the car... so difficult to make a decision. Who is running these brands and what do you all have as a preference?
I've ran the eotech 500 series and found it distracting with a reticle that large co witnessing my front sight.

I shoot much more accurately with a ap micro and it takes up VERY little rail.

2500HD (with a couple parts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotekiller View Post
I wonder if this could be why my car idles like its retarded...
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:49 AM   #3363
GaBoy25

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketcthulhu View Post
so anyone have any experience with the drum mag's for ar's? I saw one of these at my local shop and have been itching to get one for a bit.

I've had decent luck with kci drums. Bought one year or so ago for $119. Keep graphite in it and it will run hard (slidefire stock).

I just couldn't whop down 300 for a beta mag. I'd hate to see what those are going for now...much less the kci

Quote:
Old 01-06-2013, 11:56 AM   #3364
pocketcthulhu

Drives: 2014 2ss/RS 5th gen Camaro #2
yea I was looking and midway is sold out of all of their drums >,>
Old 01-06-2013, 12:01 PM   #3365
kalimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBoy25 View Post
I've ran the eotech 500 series and found it distracting with a reticle that large co witnessing my front sight.

I shoot much more accurately with a ap micro and it takes up VERY little rail.
I don't care much for the micro. I was looking at the pro or the comp M3 (with the 2moa dot).

I have heard that about the EOtechs though about the cowitnessing. Do you have fixed iron sights? Mine are back up and flip, so I don't intend to use them normally. Once everything is sighted in, I don't think there is a need to run a red dot at the same time as lining up the iron sights to take shots.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:35 PM   #3366
GaBoy25

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimus View Post
I don't care much for the micro. I was looking at the pro or the comp M3 (with the 2moa dot).

I have heard that about the EOtechs though about the cowitnessing. Do you have fixed iron sights? Mine are back up and flip, so I don't intend to use them normally. Once everything is sighted in, I don't think there is a need to run a red dot at the same time as lining up the iron sights to take shots.
Most guys prefer that. I have had my eotech fail a number of times. The batteries would barely make contact with the contacts and the sight would just shut off.(not cool staring through plain glass)

The field of view with dot and sight is too busy for me. I have flip down rear fixed front. I setup it up with a 1" riser but it rendered the iron sights useless. Solved that with a Larue quick detach which works fine to snatch it off really fast and holds zero time after time.

Quote:
Old 01-06-2013, 01:28 PM   #3367
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
Nothing better than walking up the aisle to receive the Eucharist with a Glock 26 loaded with 11 jacketed hollow points on your hip to give you a warm fuzzy safe feeling!
Mods: Heritage Grill, Blade Spoiler, Corrado Hoodliner Mural, Premium Engine Boxes, Radiator Shroud, Custom Painted Bowties, Dipstick & Engine Caps, RX Catch Can, Corsa cat back exhaust, CAI black powder coat cold air, Apex cold air intake scoop and Apex washer tank relocate kit, Dynatech SuperMAXX Ceramic Coated LT Headers, High Flow Cats, JRE470 Rough Idle Cam Package, DSS 1,000 RWHP Axels, Slowhawk Mustang Dyno Tune, QTP QTEC 66 Low Profile Cutouts and iTSX. 453 RWHP 427 RWTQ

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
TRANSITION FROM STOCK TO CAM VID
Maxspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:40 PM   #3368
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxspeed View Post
I want one of these

Watch the shrapnel at the end almost hit him~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=SJ8Ndkg8urw#!
Cool rifle! I bet you he charted his pants when that door almost killed him
Old 01-06-2013, 02:23 PM   #3369
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHMSC View Post

I would have pissed myself.
driyac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:15 PM   #3370
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHMSC View Post

I just picked this up in FDE
driyac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:57 PM   #3371
GaBoy25

Check out what just happened in Atlanta.

What would have happened to her and her children?

Georgia mom home alone with kids shoots ex-con intruder
A Georgia mother shot an ex-convict six times to protect her and her children after he apparently forced his way into the family’s home.
The mom heard knocks on her front door Friday and assumed it was just a solicitor, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.
She told her 9-year-old twins not to answer the door and, when the visitor began repeatedly ringing the doorbell, she called her husband at his job and he told her to gather the children and hide.
“He opens the closet door and finds himself staring down the barrel of a .38 revolver.”
- Walton County Sheriff Joe Chapman
According to the Journal-Constitution, the father then dialed 911 and his wife, who works from a home office, hid with the children in a crawlspace.
By that time, according to the paper, the intruder had used a crowbar to forcibly enter the home, and made his way to the home office.
“He opens the closet door and finds himself staring down the barrel of a .38 revolver,” Walton County Sheriff Joe Chapman told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
The woman fired six bullets, five of which hit Paul Ali Slater in the face and neck area, Chapman said. But Slater, who has arrests dating to 2008 and was released from jail in August, was still conscious.
“The guy’s face down, crying,” the sheriff said. The woman told him to stay down or she’d shoot again.
While down, the woman and her children ran to a neighbor’s house, and the injured intruder made it out of the home and into his car, the paper reported.
Authorities found Slater a short time later bleeding profusely in a neighbor’s driveway.
“I’m dying. Help me,” he told them, according to Chapman.
Slater was transported to Gwinnett Medical Center and is expected to survive, the sheriff said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/06...#ixzz2HEdLI3iR

Quote:
Old 01-06-2013, 04:01 PM   #3372
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBoy25 View Post
Check out what just happened in Atlanta.

What would have happened to her and her children?

He's lucky she didn't have a semi-auto with hi-cap mag !

Good for her
Old 01-06-2013, 04:06 PM   #3373
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Seriously...wtf is going on:

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/hjres15/text
Old 01-06-2013, 04:11 PM   #3374
kalimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2k View Post
I hadn't heard about this. If this is true... there are a bunch of people really pushing their luck right now...

Tags
camaro gun