Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 02-15-2013, 09:35 PM   #1
ericfrantz

Drives: Black/Grey Stripe 2011 Chevy Camaro
Halo Lights Help? JDP vs Oracle? Installation?

I have a 2011 RS V6 Camaro and I am interested in purchasing color changing Halo lights.

I saw JDP had some really neat lights and I ordered from them for $275. I ordered the color changing lights and plan to either have them installed or do it myself installation would be no more than $100. So lets say that all together is $375.

I went to a local shop today that is a friend of a friend who is just starting out and he said I could get a good deal. I asked him for a price for Oracle Halo Headlights and Oracle Halo Fog Lights. He gave me an estimate of $600! I thought that was way expensive, he said the lights would be about $290, which seems right, but a final of 600? Thats $310 for installation... The only thing is that I like how Oracle has many things to offer and I could hook everything up to the same thing.

What do you guys suggest I do? Advice? Can be anything besides these two.
ericfrantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:01 PM   #2
Who Dat 2SS

Drives: Bitches Crazy
I've got the JDP's and did so for 2 reasons.

1) I like the diffused look of the factory halo. I don't like how you can see the individual LEDs on the oracle version.
2) With the oracles you have to bake your lights in an oven to melt the glue, pull them apart, put the ring in, then re glue them back together when you're done. I was too scared of a screw up in that, either at that time or at some point in the future. With the JDPs you just remove some screws and replace the LED.

Also the JDPs come with the wiring harnesses all made up. Plug and play. The oracles used to be a self wiring job. Don't know if they are still that way.

Sent from my iPad because I've been sucked into the terrible but inescapable black hole that is Apple inc.

2011 2SS Convertible Black on Black on Black, Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger, LS3 Conversion, LS9 Cam, Kooks Ceramic Coated Headers, LS3 Exhaust, Roto-Fab CAI, BMR Sway Bars and Bushings, JDP Color Changing Halos with Synced Grill Lighting, Custom Magnetic Removable Front Plate
*** RECORD HOLDER - FASTEST 3 WHEELED, 7 CYLINDER CAMARO LAP TIME AT MSR ***
Who Dat 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:59 PM   #3
Zapote21
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 2SS
I paid $699 total for my Oracle lights plus tax. Color shift halos and fog light halos plus upgraded remote, plus installation. Parts are about 420 ish... All in all a great deal...
JDP's are great, and plenty of people in our club have them as well, but no matching fog light halos for those... So I went with Oracle
2016 C7 DSOM
2012 2SS yellow vert
2017 2LT Krypton Green
2018 2LT Hot wheels crush
2020 2SS Shock vert.
2017 2SS Krypton Green coupe
Zapote21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:29 PM   #4
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
You can do the AAC halo install yourself. It just takes a Saturday/Sunday. And it's no big deal to bake your headlights.
Old 02-16-2013, 01:38 PM   #5
Who Dat 2SS

Drives: Bitches Crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapote21 View Post
I paid $699 total for my Oracle lights plus tax. Color shift halos and fog light halos plus upgraded remote, plus installation. Parts are about 420 ish... All in all a great deal...
JDP's are great, and plenty of people in our club have them as well, but no matching fog light halos for those... So I went with Oracle
True. That is a drawback. But I just didn't like the individual light look.

Also.... I know they have prototype DRL's but just not ready for production just yet. I know because I asked. Twice!

Sent from my hand using my fingers (mostly my thumb).

2011 2SS Convertible Black on Black on Black, Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger, LS3 Conversion, LS9 Cam, Kooks Ceramic Coated Headers, LS3 Exhaust, Roto-Fab CAI, BMR Sway Bars and Bushings, JDP Color Changing Halos with Synced Grill Lighting, Custom Magnetic Removable Front Plate
*** RECORD HOLDER - FASTEST 3 WHEELED, 7 CYLINDER CAMARO LAP TIME AT MSR ***
Who Dat 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote