Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 01:26 PM   #43
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bw26ss View Post
i think mods should delete this thread, the vendor is clearly doing their best, and i don't understand why people think their engine is going to self destruct without a catch can
I never said my engine was going to blow up. so if you take my OP that way then that's your choice.

now, to all the peeps jumping on the OP's hate-brandwagon, I say this. I've seen first hand (just like I said in my OP) what kind of a mess oil ingestion can make especially on a 300 mile engine.

while some people might not give a damn about how clean their engines are internally, I do. so you peeps that keep stating it's not the end of the world can bite it. my whole purpose of this thread was to point out my anger which is aimed at RX's lack of updating their website's inventory system on a somewhat decent basis.

who the hell wants to pay for something UP FRONT then receive the item GOD ONLY KNOWS how long later? not me, that's for damn sure. I don't give a damn how special the product is.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:36 PM   #44
SIM Curly

Drives: Silver 1LT 2011 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebeecamaro View Post
I never said my engine was going to blow up. so if you take my OP that way then that's your choice.

now, to all the peeps jumping on the OP's hate-brandwagon, I say this. I've seen first hand (just like I said in my OP) what kind of a mess oil ingestion can make especially on a 300 mile engine.

while some people might not give a damn about how clean their engines are internally, I do. so you peeps that keep stating it's not the end of the world can bite it. my whole purpose of this thread was to point out my anger which is aimed at RX's lack of updating their website's inventory system on a somewhat decent basis.

who the hell wants to pay for something UP FRONT then receive the item GOD ONLY KNOWS how long later? not me, that's for damn sure. I don't give a damn how special the product is.
Did you have the same waiting complaint when you paid for the ZL1?
Old 05-20-2013, 01:55 PM   #45
c_LoW29

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 2010 Mustang GT
Usually, if I am going to order something I need ASAP I just call the company and ensure they have them in stock before I pay. That one simple phone call could have saved you a lot of time and heartache, yes the website should be updated more frequently but for a company that produces a lot of customers and their needs you cant really expect them to update it the second that their out of stock.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:30 PM   #46
muscle96ss

Drives: 02 SS 35th LE Vert, 2013 ZL-1 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_LoW29 View Post
Usually, if I am going to order something I need ASAP I just call the company and ensure they have them in stock before I pay. That one simple phone call could have saved you a lot of time and heartache, yes the website should be updated more frequently but for a company that produces a lot of customers and their needs you cant really expect them to update it the second that their out of stock.
Having been in the same position as the OP before I can relate. I can understand the website not being updated to the minute, I can understand delays, but what I cannot understand is the lack of communication. After placing an order there comes a time when the vendor realizes that the item is not in stock; usually that is the next day when they goto process the order as the credit card transaction is not complete until they actually process the order. At that time the vendor should communicate with the purchaser letting them know that the item is actually not in stock, when the expected shipping date is(roughly), and give them the option to cancel if they need the item sooner. That is just plain good business practice and common sense. That obviously did not take place here.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:23 PM   #47
cbass

Drives: .
Quote:

I understand. It should have been communicated that the can was not in stock. However, you were offered your money back as well as a suggestion of which competing product you can buy.

If you don't want to wait, then why not take up the offer and use that money to get another catch can now?
Old 05-21-2013, 12:51 AM   #48
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
I went with the Elite for the easy draining process that being said the guys at RX do a great job for this community and people need to stop opening bottles of hatorade on tracy and just relax it's not like his shop up and dissapeared like others have. He had staffing issues if he didn't watch his staff we'd get some crap like RPI puts out with poor quality painting and misinformation.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Old 05-21-2013, 05:42 AM   #49
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
WOW!!!!

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
Old 05-21-2013, 06:00 AM   #50
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscle96ss View Post
Having been in the same position as the OP before I can relate. I can understand the website not being updated to the minute, I can understand delays, but what I cannot understand is the lack of communication. After placing an order there comes a time when the vendor realizes that the item is not in stock; usually that is the next day when they goto process the order as the credit card transaction is not complete until they actually process the order. At that time the vendor should communicate with the purchaser letting them know that the item is actually not in stock, when the expected shipping date is(roughly), and give them the option to cancel if they need the item sooner. That is just plain good business practice and common sense. That obviously did not take place here.
I agree with your post but want to address the bold statement. On a properly secured E-commerece website that is not the case. The credit card processing is done automatically when you click the submit button. There is no human in the loop and your credit car information in not accessible to the vendor. This protects you and the vendor.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:18 PM   #51
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIM Curly View Post
Did you have the same waiting complaint when you paid for the ZL1?
actually no, I didn't have to wait at all. I gave them my 2010 SS and my bank's loan check to me and it was a done deal.

and now your next question???

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscle96ss View Post
at least more than one person gets it. this same crap happened to me last year when I ordered something from Torq which is based out of Miami. same ordeal as now. their website said the item was in stock ready to ship. actual reality? the damn part wasn't in stock so I called them. got the same BS as now, "oh, we are sorry but that item is out of stock but we are working with............" well, you get the point. needless to say that was the last time Torq will ever get my money.

and see, here's the thing. I've ordered tons of things from vendors like JRE and ADM and guess what? they have yet to let me down. they always deliver as promised so therefore I continue to give them my business. I ordered my other OCC from RX back in 2010 and it came really fast. so I figured I'd get the same good service with RX this time around. huh, it was (or still is) anything but good. last email I got from that Irene girl was that my order was supposed to ship on May 10th. yeah, that's right May 10th which was freakin' 11 days ago. guess what? still no damn OCC and their damn website still shows the item(s) to be in stock.

oh, and speaking of which. I called another forum vendor that also sells RX cans to see if they have any RX cans in stock. they told me no, that they were on a 3 to 4 week back order status. then the girl tells me its because RX is very short staffed and it's one big cluster "F" down there. yeah, that's exactly how the conversation went. and that's coming from a company that does direct business with RX and even they aren't too happy with them. what the hell does that say?
Old 05-21-2013, 01:04 PM   #52
McBeevee
220/221 whatever it takes

Drives: See sig....
What I don't understand.....if you are so angry with RX, why in the world are you waiting? There are other cans that work.

2022 BMW X5 M50i
2022 Ram TRX
2021 GT500 CFHP
2016 Challenger Hellcat A8 1058whp/898wtq
1970 Chevelle SS396 4spd
Old 05-21-2013, 01:27 PM   #53
Rob21sf

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Never Satisfied View Post
What I don't understand.....if you are so angry with RX, why in the world are you waiting? There are other cans that work.

Can't figure that one out too! Maybe he's waiting on restitution from RX for not telling him they we're out of stock sooner!
Old 05-21-2013, 01:54 PM   #54
dierseve97

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT RS
How about a seafoam treatment before you install to take care of whatever oil and deposits you may have incurred while waiting for the can?
Old 05-21-2013, 01:55 PM   #55
jtulery

Drives: 2012 CAMARO ZL1, 2012 CTS-V,
There jegs or summit life to short !!!
Old 05-21-2013, 02:35 PM   #56
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
Quote:
as I said earlier, I'm too deep in this ordeal to jump ship now. I'm sure my LSA is pretty soaked with oil vapor with the 900+ miles I've already put on the car. so waiting another week, or two or three or whenever my damn order ships won't make a difference now. what's done is done. my 2010's SS intake was insanely soaked with oil when we installed the Maggie and the engine only had 300 miles. there's no telling what 900 miles has done on my LSA engine.

I wouldn't be nowhere near as mad as I am had your company A) plainly stated these items were not in stock and B) had I not been told my order would ship on this date when it didn't. I am familiar with HTML web programming and I do know changing a few words on a website doesn't require a degree in IT to accomplish this task. I'm guessing this is something that has missed your attention and it keeps missing your attention. just post the approx shipping estimate dates so customers like myself do not depend on something that's obviously not going to arrive in a timely manner.

I'm also in the retail business but it's a rare thing that I let my customers down. however, when I do, I more than compensate them by giving the extra effort in making them feel like their disappointment was worth the let down. All I have from RX Performance is a more than likely oil soaked intake track and a few empty promises on product delivery.

^ not a very good batting average on your company's behalf.....

Ok, You live in Central Fl Rx is in Tampa Fl. What is the problem with you just riding over to the're shop and getting your can.

Or just go see for yourself.
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.

Closed Thread