Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-26-2011, 03:56 PM   #1
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
Looks like the Camaro will be getting a lot more drive time!

My car should hopefully get here in a month or so, but last night the wife told me there is NO WAY we are going to have 4 cars. I immediately thought the worst that she was going to make me cancel my order or pick between the Camaro and my turbo ESV . She then explained that she meant we would get rid of her college beater (an 02 Hyundai Accent).
I tried to reason with her that i was planning on keeping it so i could keep the miles off the ESV and Camaro, plus when I'm working on a car, the house or in the yard it is the "go get it' parts car that i don't have to worry about getting dirty. It is her car even though she hasn't driven it in about 3 years and I knew me trying to explain to her why I needed three cars to her one was not going anywhere fast.
So looks like the Camaro or the ESV will be my daily driver. Kind of funny that if i choose the ESV as my daily it probably only gets half the gas mileage of the Camaro and can probably run down the 1/4 faster (at least for the couple days the Camaro will still be stock).

Short version of this post, "I have to drive my Camaro more" is a great problem to have.
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:15 PM   #2
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
To what i would have said B R I N G IT ON BABY
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:24 PM   #3
1BADLS3

Drives: Sold: 2011 2SS/RS
My s/o and i have a 3rd vehicle now and that's usually my choice for doing everything errand and project related.

Took the Camaro out today just because it hadn't been driven in a while!
1BADLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:48 AM   #4
JJ#48Racing

Drives: 1998 Camaro SS
Sounds like a conversation that you two should have had before you ordered the Camaro.

My wife wouldn't dare try to tell me I couldn't have a daily driver. She knows I'd never go for that. She has told me that I need to limit myself to one "play" car. I'm fine with that since it's a rule I have for myself anyway.
JJ#48Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:35 AM   #5
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ#48Racing View Post
Sounds like a conversation that you two should have had before you ordered the Camaro.

My wife wouldn't dare try to tell me I couldn't have a daily driver. She knows I'd never go for that. She has told me that I need to limit myself to one "play" car. I'm fine with that since it's a rule I have for myself anyway.
Meh, I doubt i would even drive the Hyundai as soon as i get the Camaro. Besides i don't do much daily driving anyways. I work from home and only go to school two days a week this semester.
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote