Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-26-2010, 06:07 PM   #71
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
You may thinks I'm nuts, but I swear these cans are getting louder since yesterday .....
Old 01-26-2010, 06:23 PM   #72
FISHTAIL

Drives: Sedan & 2SS / RS
couldn't help hearing some rasp there.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:31 PM   #73
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
I'll try for some better vids with a good mic this weekend ..... Went for a little cruise tonight, and you can feel the difference with these on... It pulls much harder off the line, and puts you back in the seat more. And between 5k-6k it pulls harder as well. Most of the speed limits around here are 45, so it only takes a matter of seconds to be going over. The 0-60 pulls seem to be much stronger, only have a butt meter to gage by but feels real good.
So by your "butt dyno" it seems to indicate that the dyno results they showed on the video may be fairly accurate. In that case...thats absolutely awsome. Add that as a plus in my mind to the flowmasters. Will probably yeild better gas mileage as well!

So how is the in cabin sound? Much drone? I was figuring with any exhaust I had, I might get some dynomatt for the trunk.

So, if I could ask a favor of you, how would you say the tone compares to KGA's delta flowmasters at this link? Dunno what your PC speakers are like, but I have a good system on mine so if the video has lows in it, I hear them.

Once again, thanks for your info on this!
Old 01-26-2010, 06:46 PM   #74
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Man I wish I could hear these in person! :(
Everyone needs to show up at the FEST so we can here ALL these cars in person!!!!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 06:56 PM   #75
KMPrenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Everyone needs to show up at the FEST so we can here ALL these cars in person!!!!
Man o Man I'd love to take part in that. Normally I'd say have an extra drink for me, but if you don't drink at all, well then...just mash the gas extra hard for me. lol

Old 01-26-2010, 07:06 PM   #76
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Man o Man I'd love to take part in that. Normally I'd say have an extra drink for me, but if you don't drink at all, well then...just mash the gas extra hard for me. lol

and what's stopping you????
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:14 PM   #77
SlingShot

In the American Thunder kit, they use the 40 series Classic two chamber .... They are a very aggressive sound. There is definitely a drone at low speeds 1200-1500 cruise. It's kinda hard to tell by a video, but the kit I have seems to be louder and a lower tone. My normal take off seems more like his hard take offs, but with more of a rumble. When cruising you can definitely feel the drone in your butt, but it's a good thing .....

If you don't like the loudness their 50 Series has more baffles in them for drone and harshness .... Kinda like the old Hush Thrush mufflers ...
Old 01-26-2010, 07:49 PM   #78
KMPrenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
and what's stopping you????
Thats a good question scrming....taking part in some of those activities would be a huge thrill for me.

Unfortunently, besides the fact that I already have a rather expensive purchase planned for sometime this spring and won't need to be spending much more money lol....that particular weekend also collides with another event I have planned. Will be attending the St. Louis Supercross with my friends and family April 17th....I won't go into the details of supercross other than its my all time favorite sport and past time hobby. Been going to it for the past 11 years and love it every year!

Anyways, enough about that. Seeing everyones videos and pictures will put a grin on my face.

Maybe another year?

Ok...sorry to get off the topic of the thread.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:02 PM   #79
Dynabyte

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS/NPP Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
In the American Thunder kit, they use the 40 series Classic two chamber .... They are a very aggressive sound. There is definitely a drone at low speeds 1200-1500 cruise. It's kinda hard to tell by a video, but the kit I have seems to be louder and a lower tone. My normal take off seems more like his hard take offs, but with more of a rumble. When cruising you can definitely feel the drone in your butt, but it's a good thing .....

If you don't like the loudness their 50 Series has more baffles in them for drone and harshness .... Kinda like the old Hush Thrush mufflers ...
Yup I was waiting to post about the drone - I installed this kit a month ago and love the sound. I do have some drone in the 1800-1900 RPM range however. It seems to be wearing off a little bit as it breaks in. One thing I can confirm - the butt-dyno definitely shows a difference, even more so than when I installed the Airaid. The tips need to be rotated inwards a bit to blend with the contours of the rear valence, and thus the logo is askew but that's ok (unlike the Corsa). It's a great option for the price-point.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:10 PM   #80
67 GTO
13.453 @ 101.90

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Rally Yellow
Quote:

I'll have the extra drink back at the hotel but would be nice if you could join us.
67 GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:32 PM   #81
xBlackout_Camaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS Cyber Grey
I've seen so many different links for prices! Whats the most inexpensive one?!
xBlackout_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:35 PM   #82
SlingShot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynabyte View Post
Yup I was waiting to post about the drone - I installed this kit a month ago and love the sound. I do have some drone in the 1800-1900 RPM range however. It seems to be wearing off a little bit as it breaks in. One thing I can confirm - the butt-dyno definitely shows a difference, even more so than when I installed the Airaid. The tips need to be rotated inwards a bit to blend with the contours of the rear valence, and thus the logo is askew but that's ok (unlike the Corsa). It's a great option for the price-point.
I think there's actually more road noise than drone. The thing I do love is the way they sound taking off from a light in sport mode (auto) .... That's when they really shine, and you can really feel the extra torque on the bottom. It pushes you back in the seat much more and sounds totally bada$$ ....
Old 01-26-2010, 09:38 PM   #83
kga10734
Don't Feed the Troll

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS & 1999 Corvette
Here is a comparison between my Delta 40 Series and the
American Thunder series axle back system. I think I did OK with what I came up with and bought. Just by listening to the videos side by side like this, I have to say I got pretty damn close to the axle back system. I need to get a few new videos made since I have some miles on them now.

Jump to around the 0:50 mark of both videos where we are both giving it a hard stomp.

Old 01-26-2010, 09:46 PM   #84
SlingShot

WOW .... Pretty dang close aren't they ..... Play them both at the same time ...

Tags
v6 exhaust