Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 08-16-2011, 08:10 PM   #15
DraggnFrameGMC

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green Camaro LT
Most people who put on car shows dont really know how to actually judge one. And in the same token, alot of people who take their cars to shows dont know what they should be doing to mod their cars. IMO you dont need a huge flashy car to get respect at a show. Not everyone wants a full show car, maybe they just want to concentrate on a certain aspect, such as speed/performance, stereo, restoration, etc. But you should know where you stand also. Dont go to the NOPI nationals with $1500 invested in mods and expect to win anything. Ive seen it time and time again where people have this idea that they have an exotic and extravagant vehicle and get pissed when they dont win a trophy.
DraggnFrameGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:26 PM   #16
IBM/2SS/RS/LS3
NorCal Camaro➎ Member

Drives: Bowties ONLY!!
Sound Innovations in Hayward He did Dave's (RIP Hemi) set up and you know how ANAL Dave is.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:48 PM   #17
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
I'll give them a call tomorrow.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:55 PM   #18
=Stephens=

Drives: 2011 LS
When I had my Charger, it did respectively well. I had an Alpine in-dash DVD player, 2 Alpine PDX amps. One is 100x4, pushing my interior speakers and the other is an Alpine 600 watt powering 2 ten inch JL W1 subs in a ported enclosure. And an Audio Control EQQ trunk mounted EQ. And replaced all the speakers with Rockford Fosgate. And the doors have Components vs 6x9's. Much cleaner sound.

When Alpine gets their dash kit made, its going into my Camaro. All I would do is play a movie and the bass would turn heads. There is about 3,000 in it, when its all said and done. Professionally installed.
=Stephens= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:12 PM   #19
Edscapade
Edscapade

Drives: 2011 SS Camaro
Well MINDZ - I am not a judge... but I like what you have done to your car and from the pictures you have shared it look 1st Class my friend. Keep showing like others said.
Edscapade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:55 AM   #20
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Go all out with the audio/visual modifications. I'd assume maybe a metra kit, in dash. Possibly tv's in the headrest, etc. Flat screen in the trunk would also help maybe displaying a PS3 or Xbox to play? I'm sure you'd grab some attention then.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:36 PM   #21
B-Rex

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
if I were going for show, I'd take the back seat out and make a box with a seat in the middle for the judge to sit in and get blasted by subs on both sides. A nice blue and carbon fiber colored, high gloss box would look badass imo.

i think the idea with lights is to be tasteful and not over do it, but i don't do car shows so i don't know what wins, im just speaking about what I like. i prefer the lighting to be more tucked away, rather than just a naked ring of Neon around a sub, I think that is played out.
Old 08-18-2011, 04:49 PM   #22
cdigiovanni

Drives: 2010 SS2, 03 vette supercharged,
understand local show... local "buyer" winner -winner- chicken dinner... I find local shows for stereo/ looks/ wheels etc... are simply judged by the saleman that sold some guy/girl something which was over priced... to top it off they win the show as if its make that guy/girl feel better about spending the money they spent...

bottem line... if you like it and enjoy it -who cares
cdigiovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:31 PM   #23
R.I.P. HEMI

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Not anal just picky
R.I.P. HEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 11:43 PM   #24
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Thanks for the info today Dave. I'll be making some decisions over the next week or so. In the mean time I'll be heading to check out Ernesto's shop.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:33 PM   #25
ROB's 2011 2SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 View Post
As far as who does the system, are you wanting something local, or one of the best? If you are willing to make the drive, I've got one of the top installers in the country on speed dial that you may want to talk to. If the distance isn't an issue, PM me and I'll give you the details.

I know of 1 bay area guys reputation, but I'll have to look for his info for you if the distance is an issue.

There are several ways to get noticed, but presentation is the quickest.

A single Auidison amp, bit one, good sub(s), and clean mids/tweets and a detailed install. Lights help with the presentation, but IMO can also take away if they are not done right. (Take a look at Indapower's setup for a good example of a done right system)

Some people like "stealth" systems, others like "different" systems. Personally, I like fiberglass molded boxes with a little plexiglas and color matching paint. Where you have the CF and blue steering wheel, I'd match the box to that. Add a couple of "accent" lights and I'm done.

Or you can go way over the top. Pull the rear seat, put in a crazy 10 sub multiple faced box with 20k watts of OMGWTFBBQ sound that breaks windows, weakens body panels and requires 500 pounds of foam to keep the exterior quiet.

I'm sure you have a budget in mind. A sound system sponsor couldn't hurt either, but that opens up a whole different set of commitment issues.

Good luck!
How do you get your car sponsored?
ROB's 2011 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 06:28 PM   #26
Nexus6
More human than human

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
I lost to a Bone Stock Camaro at a car show once. All he had was a big picture of him standing next to Jeremy Piven ( no cars in the picture ) . Meanwhile , I have painted stripes , Powdercoated Wheels , painted emblems, and bezels . One trick I did learn is , if it's a participant judged show , Park as close to the table that has the juding forms as you can . That way they see a car they can check off their list right away (seems dumb , but it works ).

1100 - 10/22/2008
3000 - 05/27/2009
3300 - 06/06/2009
3800 - 06/29/2009
4B00 - 06/29/2009

Warehouse 13 survivor

Blood stains,speed kills,fast cars,cheap thrills,rich women,fine wine,i lost my sense i lost control i lost my
mind.
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:31 PM   #27
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROB's 2011 2SS View Post
How do you get your car sponsored?
My Camaro isn't sponsored. I've had other cars in the past sponsored. I had local shops and full factory sponsorships. It is a giant P.I.T.A. You have to commit to xx # of shows per year, shop events, photo events, etc.

Getting the gig isn't difficult. You just have to make it beneficial to the shop or manufacturer that you are trying to get to sponsor you. In Mindz case, it should be fairly easy. Talk to the shop that you want to do your work and see if they offer a sponsorship. If not, get in touch with the regional sales manager for the equipment that you want to use and see if they have a car that is sponsored or if they are interested in doing a sponsorship. If it is just for car shows, it is very difficult. But if you are willing to do both car shows and audio competitions, you have a better shot. Magazine coverage helps A LOT!

Sponsorship is advertising. If you do well, you can get a better deal. My first deal was 50% off parts and the shop covered all the install costs. I did 5-7 shows that first year. After that I was able to get paid for my time, but those are hard to come by. We did a complete tear down after each show and loaded new components often to keep the sound tight. It is up to you and the sponsor to figure out what is mutually beneficial to get the deal done. If you go in expecting them to just throw stuff your way, you are going to be sadly disappointed.

Win a couple of events or get featured, it makes a huge difference.