Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-05-2013, 08:54 AM   #113
suzook

Drives: camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPAJETSKI View Post
I don't understand the high cost. Are the wheels and tires that much more expensive? I think the 1LE package gives you much more bang for your buck.
Most of the price is the wheels..you also get front splitter and side skirts, blue ray painted interior trim, yellow stitched mohave leather. But yea....def overpriced.but the $ didnt matter to me, once I saw a Dusk, I HAD to have one. As far as the 1le...its a great option, but for me, I dont need better handling, and wanted an auto...so its great that chevrolet gives us choices.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:07 AM   #114
BluePhoenix

Drives: 2020 GMC Sierra AT4
Think it's all about what interests the person buying it the most. We can say you can have a 1LE at that price, but truth be told certain things about a specific car gets a person's interests more than just the fact that the car is a Camaro SS. Think when all of us look to buy a Camaro we are looking for certain features that we prefer on the car, and the Dusk edition is no different. I'm not a fan if the Mojave interior at all but I'm sure a lot of people love it more than any other color Camaro interior. Same goes for the wheels and appearance package. Then you have to factor in that the car isn't your everyday Camaro SS because of those things and the fact that the package can only be had on a very limited number of 2013's. This really goes for all 2010-2013 (and maybe at some point 2014) special edition Camaro's.
BluePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:46 PM   #115
Dupree878

Drives: '13 Dusk Edition 2SS/RS M6
It is worth the price, really.

Comes with RS package, Hurst shifter, and the wheels alone, even subtracting what you save over the RS wheels are 3500
I don't love the color. When it's even a little dirty or overcast outside it's very dull, and people think its black. For the trouble I have keeping it clean I'd rather have black.
The wheels are what sold me on it. I love them. They're what I get the most compliments on.
So, buying a 2SS/RS and adding the wheels and tires would cost more than the dusk package.
Old 08-06-2013, 04:49 PM   #116
FLGator75
Don't Tread on me!

Drives: 2017 Yellow Camaro RS/V-6.
Send a message via ICQ to FLGator75 Send a message via AIM to FLGator75 Send a message via Yahoo to FLGator75
Love the interior but I like my VR much better than this shade of blue.
FLGator75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:25 PM   #117
phongul

Drives: Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
agreed! Didn't realize the wheels were 21" though... Kind of sucks, because now the tires will be around 1.5k to replace!
They come in 18's from this aftermarket dealer. Exactly the same. http://www.enkei.com/raijin.shtml
phongul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:49 AM   #118
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Supercharged Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePhoenix View Post
Think it's all about what interests the person buying it the most. We can say you can have a 1LE at that price, but truth be told certain things about a specific car gets a person's interests more than just the fact that the car is a Camaro SS. Think when all of us look to buy a Camaro we are looking for certain features that we prefer on the car, and the Dusk edition is no different. I'm not a fan if the Mojave interior at all but I'm sure a lot of people love it more than any other color Camaro interior. Same goes for the wheels and appearance package. Then you have to factor in that the car isn't your everyday Camaro SS because of those things and the fact that the package can only be had on a very limited number of 2013's. This really goes for all 2010-2013 (and maybe at some point 2014) special edition Camaro's.
SS PANTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:58 AM   #119
samp4nda

Drives: 2013 2SS
Anyone aware of how many of these were made? I've read they were manufactured for 3 months. I bought the 2ss coupe new for 38.5 this May. I was pretty satisfied with the price. My interior is a bit different than Chi-One's. Mine has more black on the seats, which I like. As far as the color goes, like other posters have said, it needs to be seen in person. I don't think I'd buy a Camaro in any other color! In direct sun, it almost appears purple (my favorite color). Sometimes it looks blue gray, other times, black. I think that is perty cool, myself B-)
samp4nda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:33 PM   #120
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Drives: 2013 2SS Dusk Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by samp4nda View Post
Anyone aware of how many of these were made? I've read they were manufactured for 3 months. I bought the 2ss coupe new for 38.5 this May. I was pretty satisfied with the price. My interior is a bit different than Chi-One's. Mine has more black on the seats, which I like. As far as the color goes, like other posters have said, it needs to be seen in person. I don't think I'd buy a Camaro in any other color! In direct sun, it almost appears purple (my favorite color). Sometimes it looks blue gray, other times, black. I think that is perty cool, myself B-)
If you have different seats it does not sound like a Dusk. Sounds like a blue ray 2ss which would also be why your price was so low.

Mine was 2ss/rs and the invoice on it was 45k. Sticker was 49.9 5k dusk package over the 44 that the regular 2ss/rs.

Very little black in my dusk seats.Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1377192792959.jpg
Views: 1525
Size:  54.8 KB

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
530/520 SAE
DuskSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:43 PM   #121
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPAJETSKI View Post
I don't understand the high cost. Are the wheels and tires that much more expensive? I think the 1LE package gives you much more bang for your buck.
actually they are giving the rim and tires at a very good price.
each tire is 600 bucks retail. and each rim is 900 bucks list. 5k you could not buy the rims/tires from Chevy.

that doesn't include the interior the premium matts and door panels and the other differences. ground effects, front air dam, exterior accents are all different.

I replaced my wheels with 20 inch look alikes after a curb rash hurt one.
the cost to repair and replace the damaged tire was insane.
easier to buy the entire set of lighter better rims with better tires for a bit more.

I have yet to see another Dusk anywhere on the streets.
530/520 SAE
Old 08-22-2013, 12:49 PM   #122
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by phongul View Post
They come in 18's from this aftermarket dealer. Exactly the same. http://www.enkei.com/raijin.shtml
18s way too small for a Camaro unless a drag only set.
they do not make them in 20s at all.
and those are lighter than the ones Chevy got. Look the same but much lighter.
The 21 Dusk rims are BOAT ANCHORS heavy heavy wheels.
Glad they are off the car and sitting for sale.
530/520 SAE
Old 08-22-2013, 04:24 PM   #123
Dupree878

Drives: '13 Dusk Edition 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by samp4nda View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskSS View Post
If you have different seats it does not sound like a Dusk. Sounds like a blue ray 2ss which would also be why your price was so low.

Mine was 2ss/rs and the invoice on it was 45k. Sticker was 49.9 5k dusk package over the 44 that the regular 2ss/rs.

Yeah, the only black my seats have are the backs. And $38k definitely doesn't sound like a Dusk.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:55 AM   #124
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Numbers are out.. we have a VERY limited edition car.
Attached Images

530/520 SAE
Old 08-28-2013, 09:38 AM   #125
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
man! whoever has that 2LT Vert with the manual is in good shape!
Old 03-31-2014, 07:34 PM   #126
drdivo
DrDivo

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2LT RS
Send a message via AIM to drdivo Send a message via MSN to drdivo Send a message via Yahoo to drdivo Send a message via Skype™ to drdivo
Hey there!

If anyone's interested, Mac Haik Chevy in Houston has two (2) untitled 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS for sale on eBay. Both have fewer than ten miles on them.

Only looked through one of the listings, but it's a 2SS, nav, sunroof, auto -

Get 'em while they can still be financed!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD