Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 05-27-2009, 08:31 AM   #29
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: Not a Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by redjewel View Post
Mine arrived at Classic Chevrolet in Sugarland at 12:30 May 22nd yesterday. I drove off the lot with it at about 4:15. RJT 2SS. It showed up 2 days before my 12th anniversary and I surprised my wife with it at about 6PM last night. She had no idea I had one coming for her to replace her 97 Z28. She was floored and absolutley loves the color. It will be seen primarily in Spring and Woodlands.
Congrats. What a great husband! I am often in spring & the woodlands. I'll keep an eye out and toss ya a if i see ya'll!
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 07:02 PM   #30
RSm1thX

Drives: 2005 Acura RSX
i just got the call mine arrived at munday chevrolet...about to see if ill be able to pick up my new camaro today...i got the call at work and listened to the voicemail, by the time i got around to listen to it i was about to leave work...thank god for that cause i was dancing and running around like a kid...well im technically still young...haha...hope to post some pictures soon.
RSm1thX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:10 PM   #31
nevrlose

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSm1thX View Post
i just got the call mine arrived at munday chevrolet...about to see if ill be able to pick up my new camaro today...i got the call at work and listened to the voicemail, by the time i got around to listen to it i was about to leave work...thank god for that cause i was dancing and running around like a kid...well im technically still young...haha...hope to post some pictures soon.
Congrats!
nevrlose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:21 PM   #32
RSm1thX

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevrlose View Post
Congrats!
haha...thanks.
yeah so i just went to the dealer to get the paper work ready and such...so im going to go tomorrow and pick it up with my dad since hes co-signing the camaro.
...wow im going to be on an adrenaline rush tomorrow.

...they had my camaro in the showroom and about 20 people touched my car while i was there ...haha.

well ill post some pics tomorrow.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:31 PM   #33
RSm1thX

hey round rock cobra...
...your vin is 6776...my camaro was 3 behind yours...6779.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:48 PM   #34
SamsinSS

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS
Send a message via MSN to SamsinSS
Got the call!! Mike Isham @ Ron Craft in Baytown called as I was getting on I-10 this morning to head to work to tell me my car had just been delivered!!! I made a quick u-turn and went to see her! I still cant believe my car is here. I was told it would be August when it came. I ordered mid March and she is here!!!!! The IBM is such an awesome color! I sat down in it and just felt perfect! They will be putting the silver stripe package on this afternoon and will be ready to go to her new home tomorrow!!!! I still am in shock that it is actually here!!! 2SS/RS, IBM, sunroof,auto with upgraded Bose sound system!! The 20x8 front and 20x9 rear wheels look awesome on this car!! I am such a happy camper today!!!!!!!I have no pics yet, but some to come very,very soon. VIN# 2G1FK1EJ7A9109521.........
SamsinSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:17 PM   #35
orange_5thgen

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS BadAss 6 Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2010camaross View Post
I actually pray i dont see one, it ll break my heart.. i figured since i ordered way back in october i d for sure be the one of the first on the road in texas. However, i did not do my homework on the allocation process and just now today moved to 2000... bs.
I'm in the Cypress (290 North) area and I've seen about 3 so far. I'ts nice to see some on the road, but does kinda hurt when you're still patietnly waiting on yours to arrive.

I ordered IOM and saw a nice IOM last week! Damn, made me want mine that much more.

Hopefully we'll all be able to come back to this thread shortly and show off the pictures of our new cars! Keeping my fingers crossed.
orange_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:02 PM   #36
buster6070

Drives: 02 Camaro, 10 2SS, 07 VTX1300
Mine was delivered 5/26 and I picked her up 5/27 from Westside Chevrolet in Katy,TX.

Last edited by buster6070; 05-28-2009 at 10:03 PM. Reason: spelling
buster6070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:43 PM   #37
RSm1thX

i was wondering if anyone has had to purchase the protection plan for 1500...was it optional/mandatory? im having conflicts with my dealer...thanks for your inputs.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:50 PM   #38
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamsinSS View Post
Got the call!! Mike Isham @ Ron Craft in Baytown called as I was getting on I-10 this morning to head to work to tell me my car had just been delivered!!! I made a quick u-turn and went to see her! I still cant believe my car is here. I was told it would be August when it came. I ordered mid March and she is here!!!!! The IBM is such an awesome color! I sat down in it and just felt perfect! They will be putting the silver stripe package on this afternoon and will be ready to go to her new home tomorrow!!!! I still am in shock that it is actually here!!! 2SS/RS, IBM, sunroof,auto with upgraded Bose sound system!! The 20x8 front and 20x9 rear wheels look awesome on this car!! I am such a happy camper today!!!!!!!I have no pics yet, but some to come very,very soon. VIN# 2G1FK1EJ7A9109521.........
Wow..wonder if that's the fastest ordered->built->delivered Camaro ever?!
Congrats..there's hope yet..
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 11:11 PM   #39
buster6070

Drives: 02 Camaro, 10 2SS, 07 VTX1300
Quote:
i was wondering if anyone has had to purchase the protection plan for 1500...was it optional/mandatory? im having conflicts with my dealer...thanks for your inputs.
I purchased it along with the gap insurance, but it was optional. Your talking about the bumper to bumper coverage right?
buster6070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 11:47 PM   #40
RSm1thX

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster6070 View Post
I purchased it along with the gap insurance, but it was optional. Your talking about the bumper to bumper coverage right?
no...they said it was some paint coverage to make it shinier...but 1.) black is already shiny and 2.) we didn't have a choice on it.

...i already put 2000 down when i preodered back in january...and since they supposably can not remove whatever they put on (if they put anything on it at all) we either take it as it is or their going to sell it to another customer.

...we went to get the paperwork ready yesterday and had an argument over the car not being correct on what we ordered and now today we get a credit union and get accepted for a loan and the next thing we know the dealer added something we didnt ask for which is 1500 more and we just got a loan for 24000 and now we would have to redo it to get a 26000 loan instead.

...im not getting the gap insurance because i was planning on selling my rsx (since its paid off all of that was going to be a down payment) plus another 3000 + 2000 already down for preorder.

but now...ive waited forever for this camaro for it to be right out of reach...but my parents, friends and employees are saying to screw them and go somewhere else or get another car which i didnt want to do but i may end up doing now...they said they would give me my non-refundable 2000 back if we back out as well.
...all this waiting for nothing...especially when i could of been driving another new car for about six months now.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:28 AM   #41
orange_5thgen

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS BadAss 6 Speed
Quote:
no...they said it was some paint coverage to make it shinier...but 1.) black is already shiny and 2.) we didn't have a choice on it.

...i already put 2000 down when i preodered back in january...and since they supposably can not remove whatever they put on (if they put anything on it at all) we either take it as it is or their going to sell it to another customer.

...we went to get the paperwork ready yesterday and had an argument over the car not being correct on what we ordered and now today we get a credit union and get accepted for a loan and the next thing we know the dealer added something we didnt ask for which is 1500 more and we just got a loan for 24000 and now we would have to redo it to get a 26000 loan instead.

...im not getting the gap insurance because i was planning on selling my rsx (since its paid off all of that was going to be a down payment) plus another 3000 + 2000 already down for preorder.

but now...ive waited forever for this camaro for it to be right out of reach...but my parents, friends and employees are saying to screw them and go somewhere else or get another car which i didnt want to do but i may end up doing now...they said they would give me my non-refundable 2000 back if we back out as well.
...all this waiting for nothing...especially when i could of been driving another new car for about six months now.

Man, that sounds awful fishy to me. I mean I'm not a new car buying expert, but it sounds like they're just trying to get some extra cash out of you or get you to back out of the deal.

I mean if you back out they will probably turn around and sell the car for 5 or 10K over MSRP, so if you back out it actually works out better for them.

Man, I hope something like this does not happen to me. I've seen other stories on this site where someone goes to pick up their car and then the dealer jacks around with them and asks for more money etc....

Sorry to hear you're having this problem. Can I ask what dealership? Just curious.

Go back and talk with the GM and tell them your story and how bad you want the car. Maybe they will work something out with you. If it's not something you asked for then why should you have to pay for it.
orange_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 12:37 AM   #42
RSm1thX

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange_5thgen View Post
Man, that sounds awful fishy to me. I mean I'm not a new car buying expert, but it sounds like they're just trying to get some extra cash out of you or get you to back out of the deal.

I mean if you back out they will probably turn around and sell the car for 5 or 10K over MSRP, so if you back out it actually works out better for them.

Man, I hope something like this does not happen to me. I've seen other stories on this site where someone goes to pick up their car and then the dealer jacks around with them and asks for more money etc....

Sorry to hear you're having this problem. Can I ask what dealership? Just curious.

Go back and talk with the GM and tell them your story and how bad you want the car. Maybe they will work something out with you. If it's not something you asked for then why should you have to pay for it.
its munday chevrolet in houston...yeah my mom is going to call gm tomorrow since ill be at work
...and yes they said that about 30 people already asked to buy my car since it is sitting in the showroom.
...and i know they will sale it fast and way over msrp, but technically you should not be purchasing cars for msrp anyways...supposed to be under.

my mom also received a returned call from the manager of munday and he even said you take it as is or leave it.

when my mom received the invoice through fax she saw that they added that protection and called robbins chevrolet in humble and they said its an optional package that munday made standard.

...but if nothing happens tomorrow with the camaro...as bad as i want it...i may get another type of car not chevrolet.

Tags
camaro, delivered, houston, texas