Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-19-2017, 04:42 PM   #1
avido

Drives: camaro ss\rs
too loud

Hi guys, i have the longtubes with cat converter and the flowmaster american thinder which i love. i have been using these ocmbo for more than 2 years without any problem since tghe police stopped me in switzerland. everything was cool but they didn't like the mod I did on the car. including the supercharger. they asked me certification for everything..

so to make the car a little bit a sleeper style i'm thinking about adding some mid resonator. what do you guys think? also i have to contact brian tooley for a " Sleeper cam for supercharger" without lopes.
2014 camaro SS Whipple powered ,3.750 pulley,ID850, CAI,Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust,MGW racing shifter,Bo White ported tb,MightyMouse Catch Can,Vitesse throttle controller,GM 3.91 rear end, Dynatech longtube haders, BTR Pd cam,Fluidampr stock pulley,ZL1 fuel pump and ADM fpcm, Phastek scoop and fluid thank relocation Bmr Motor mount . Tuned by Mastuning

avido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 04:49 PM   #2
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
I remember an episode of Top Gear where the trio were discussing whether to drive through Austria, Italy, or Switzerland with their supercars.

Clarkson brought up the fact that it is illegal to even wash your own car in Switzerland.

They decided to go back to Italy.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7Ί overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160Ί thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 05:25 PM   #3
avido

true because you can damage the environment by not using eco friendly shampoo. anyway i live in Italy so the car il italian licensed but sinc ei work there it can be a problem.
2014 camaro SS Whipple powered ,3.750 pulley,ID850, CAI,Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust,MGW racing shifter,Bo White ported tb,MightyMouse Catch Can,Vitesse throttle controller,GM 3.91 rear end, Dynatech longtube haders, BTR Pd cam,Fluidampr stock pulley,ZL1 fuel pump and ADM fpcm, Phastek scoop and fluid thank relocation Bmr Motor mount . Tuned by Mastuning

Old 05-19-2017, 05:56 PM   #4
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Adding j pipes and a resonator will soften the tone

There's a well known forum sponsor here that sells an aftermarket set that helps calm the noise down.
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 06:25 PM   #5
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
I remember an episode of Top Gear where the trio were discussing whether to drive through Austria, Italy, or Switzerland with their supercars.

Clarkson brought up the fact that it is illegal to even wash your own car in Switzerland.

They decided to go back to Italy.
Good episode

OP, adding J pipes and then a magnaflow resonated X pipe should help quite a bit I would assume.
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 02:56 PM   #6
avido

i let a friend drive the car while i was outside. it is loud as f*ck. i definitely had to calm down the hell. do you think that putting back the stock exhaust will help to calm down the noise?

Old 05-20-2017, 04:02 PM   #7
Synner

Drives: cars
Stock mufflers are pretty good at noise control and flow pretty well, they're just on the heavy side. A resonated x-pipe may be another option.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 08:16 PM   #8
avido

Tomorrow I'm installing the stock exhaust and we will see if it improves the situation by lowering the db

Old 05-20-2017, 09:04 PM   #9
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by avido View Post
Tomorrow I'm installing the stock exhaust and we will see if it improves the situation by lowering the db
Yeah it'll be a night and day difference. Stock muffler is extremely quiet, works will with LT headers
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 11:02 AM   #10
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
You if not equipped with NPP dual mode exhaust could also have used it ... the NPP code exhaust ..with a three way switch from Forza componetti to make it quiet or loud at will........Stock trash cans are fugly though...
Old 05-21-2017, 04:17 PM   #11
avido

there is no npp exhaust on the eu version. i changed the exhaust putting back on the stock..hug difference but looks like shit. i'm going to add the magnaflow true -x resonator to the flowmaster xpipe and see what happen. it this is not enogh...i dont know.

Old 05-23-2017, 06:43 AM   #12
avido

i have the stock cat back on...yes night and day difference but...it sounds like a fiat (actually some abarth have better sound..)

ordered from summit the resonated xpipes plus a copure of reducer and clamps so... we will se..