Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 01:48 PM   #1429
GT500guy

Drives: 2014 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcarltonjr View Post
Would you give it a rest on defending the dealership and continuing to question the Hoopers? Its done. Its over with. The Hoopers where entirely in the right and they got taken care of.
Ignorance is bliss
Old 01-14-2014, 01:50 PM   #1430
I call it Vera

Drives: ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT500guy View Post
If you people only knew the entire story you would all be singing a different tune.. First things first, stop thanking Berger Chevrolet, they've done nothing except to allow First State Chevrolet to buy a year old inventory piece from them, they're probably happy as a clam to be able to get rid of it, good lord, how can some of you be so obtuse?

Right now, everyone should be asking Mr Hooper who exactly is paying for all this, the transport, the extra equipment on the vehicle, the taxes and tags, etc.. The hard reality of all this is, First State could have simply said, its out of our hands and let the insurance company pay the claim which in the end, would have not been nearly enough to buy the Hoopers a replacement vehicle, let alone a new ZL1.. But that didn't happen, they stepped up and the Hoppers are getting a vehicle that's more than what they had, good for them!

I'm telling all of you fine folks on Camaro5 for the last time, you don't know the whole story, this is all extremely disturbing..
Let me see if I get how it starts right:
Car goes in for paint issue. NO DRIVING REQUIRED. Car is in for 7+ weeks.
Car was taken for unauthorized joyride (probably one of many) and totaled.
Dealer says 'make a claim with your insurance' . . .

How am I doing so far?
Old 01-14-2014, 01:53 PM   #1431
436SS

Drives: 2010 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkonwheels View Post
Unless his has already been removed from inventory, this is the only new 2013 ZL1 shown online at Berger:

http://www.bergerchevy.com/new/Chevr...ac2a3e896e.htm

Red with black+red interior.

Damn that's nice...

Seriously.... you guys are gonna force my hand in getting a ZL1, aren't you?

How does one explain to their wife, going from a Volt to a ZL1, with no steps in-between?!?!? Little help, please???
You dont explain it Shark! Just say you slipped, hit your head on the a-pillar, and fell into the seat!!!! The rest is just a blurr, lol. Let that be your story a stick to it, lol. After one pat on the gas peddle, she will except your story.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:55 PM   #1432
GT500guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by I call it Vera View Post

How am I doing so far?
Again, ignorance is bliss..
Old 01-14-2014, 01:59 PM   #1433
19car69

Drives: 2012 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 436SS View Post
You dont explain it Shark! Just say you slipped, hit your head on the a-pillar, and fell into the seat!!!! The rest is just a blurr, lol. Let that be your story a stick to it, lol. After one pat on the gas peddle, she will except your story.
I say he tells his wife he was having a mental break down and got the ZL1 because it was the only idea that seemed to work. He knew she wouldn't be happy dealing with him in his mental state so he bought the car so that she could be happy.
2012 1LS, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Apex scoop, Apex water bottle relocation, VMax Ported TB, Vitesse Throttle Controller, BMR Sway bars, BMR 1.2" drop springs, Koni rear shocks, Elite catch can, Solo Performance V6 Mach X-LFX Cat-Back Exhaust, Hex Vents, 1LE strut tower brace, Barton short throw, separate clutch reservoir, American Racing TORQ THRUST M 18X9, HiTS radio with reverse camera, GM Blade Dovetail spoiler, 2010 leather wrap steering wheel, vented engine cover, added Homelink to overhead console.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:02 PM   #1434
Sharkonwheels
1st State Chevy supporter

Drives: 2013 Volt
Quote:

How am I doing so far?
You're doing fine... unfortunately, that's how insurance works.
The car owner's insurance covers, then they go after the dealer's insurance to recoup. What it avoids, is a dragged-out claim with the dealer insurance.

If you look back a few pages, someone links to Garagekeeper's insurance, and if you read through that, it basically says the same thing. The insurance follows the vehicle, except under certain circumstances, ie, in your driveway/garage, certain claims would be under the homeowner insurance, certain under the car insurance.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:05 PM   #1435
I call it Vera

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT500guy View Post
Again, ignorance is bliss..
except no-one is agreeing with you.

That phrase you have there . . . right back at you.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:08 PM   #1436
I call it Vera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkonwheels View Post
You're doing fine... unfortunately, that's how insurance works.
The car owner's insurance covers, then they go after the dealer's insurance to recoup. What it avoids, is a dragged-out claim with the dealer insurance.

If you look back a few pages, someone links to Garagekeeper's insurance, and if you read through that, it basically says the same thing. The insurance follows the vehicle, except under certain circumstances, ie, in your driveway/garage, certain claims would be under the homeowner insurance, certain under the car insurance.
Well, thank goodness this isn't my fight. I wouldn't have time for a dealer that totaled my car WHEN THEY HAD NO REASON TO DRIVE IT, especially like a bat out of hell.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:11 PM   #1437
charlietuna

Drives: 2013 ZL1
As a employee of retail auto dealerships for the past 18 years I am glad that a resolution to the problem has been reached. I for one would reserve my comments on the entire situation until all the facts were in front of me. It's doubtful that we will ever have all the facts.

I'm pleased to see the impact that this community has and the support it lends to all. I'm proud to be a part of this community.

Can't wait to see pics of your new Z op. Take a deep breath it's almost over.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:12 PM   #1438
Sharkonwheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcarltonjr View Post
Would you give it a rest on defending the dealership and continuing to question the Hoopers? Its done. Its over with. The Hoopers where entirely in the right and they got taken care of.
Actually, the reason, is because of statements such as:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LESSPROBLEM View Post
Why in the **** should you have to BUY a new car from them. horse shit. After all this BS... Your insurance should cut you a check for the vehicle while they go after 1st State's insurance to get reimbursed, while 1st state chevy should be GIVING you another car for all of this bull shit hassle. No way in hell would i be apologizing to the dealership. If their owner/GM said "its not our problem" that is just a sip of what the rest of their employees are like.
And actually, that is EXACTLY what is happening. But, John didn't mention that, did he?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoop302 View Post
Just a quick update for everyone...

2. The difference in price between a good, used 2012 ZL1 and a new 2013 ZL1 is only about $5-6K considering rebates, etc.

5. GM and Berger Chevrolet (Grand Rapids, Michigan) have stepped in and are paving [not paying] the way for a new 2013 ZL1 to be sent to First State Chevrolet for me to purchase.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:23 PM   #1439
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by faSSteddie View Post
To PQ, I gotta agree with Clint Eastwood..."Opinions are like a%@holes, everybody's got one and they all stink!"

faSSteddie
Well, this is a discussion forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas29 View Post
Good to see some of the older members are still on this forum i haven't posted in a long time (hows ur finger....)
Still crooked. haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr pogo View Post
I agree, you could start with the source of alot of it by looking in the mirror.
many of your 3 plus pages of posts in this thread consisted of accusations against Mr Hooper that were not true.
one could fairly think you were a friend or relative of the dealer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Oil Guy View Post

Those and a number of other posts by PQ in this thread has certainly affected my opinion of him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayZ28 View Post

Exactly.. most of the negativity came from PQ i think most everyone else here was showing support for the Hoopers.. but glad its finally getting resolved with a positive outcome for John and his wife
I'll address these posts and anyone who feels the same about me. If you know me well enough you know I actually do care. And I'm about the fairest person there is.

You guys are STILL hearing only one side. That one side comes on and says his side and somehow that is clarity?

Do you still believe this dealer got what they deserved here?

John Hooper may dislike me. Probably does. I do not dislike him. I felt HORRIBLE for him. I do not know him. He's a person on the internet that shared his bad story of his unjustly wrecked car. I merely shared my thoughts on what it looked like. Which is what you guys did. I saw exactly what you guys did but I saw the whole picture. There is nothing worse than paying dear consequences unjustly. I saw that as a good possibility here. STILL not sure why you guys don't see that.

Nothing has changed other than a resolution for the Hoopers. For which I am overjoyed. Can't imagine having to go through that. I believe what I believe. If it is not true it will not be the first time. Hooper could have called off the dogs any time he wanted. Go back and read all of his posts. His OP was the day the car was declared totaled and only fueled the fire from there. I showed the OP to a few non-car people and they agreed that it sure appeared he was positioning for a new car. If he was not then it looked like he was. THAT is what got the ball rolling to get him a new car so it was NOT just me who felt that way. We tend to be biased here and not even realize it. If he was in fact NOT then so be it. Doesn't change the fact that we STILL have one side of this story and still don't know what exactly happened.

I get blasted because I was one of the very few voices of reason then I suppose I don't care. I'm a big boy, I can handle it, lol, I'd ask once again, why does everyone believe this dealer told a guy who's pristine expensive car just got wrecked that they don't care it's not their problem? A guy who bought cars from them for years. Make sense to YOU? Guys like that don't build up a loyalty business to begin with. John Hooper is smart enough to know that if it didn't come from the owner then it did not mead shit. I'd bet my life that Mr. Hansen did not tell him that. It was these two comments that got this lynch mob going for a new car and death to the dealer.
Quote:

The dealership informed my wife and I on Monday morning at 9:00 a.m. of our loss. Yes, they waited over 16 hours to tell us about our car. I am sure they discussed the incident with their attorneys prior to calling us.

It is now Friday, the car has been officially totaled by the insurance company, and the dealership is telling us it is not their problem. They even refuse to provide my wife and I (and our insurance company) with their insurance information.

I traded in my 2011 SS2 Camaro and sold my 1969 Camaro SS in pristine condition to buy the ZL1. I will never be able to afford another new ZL1, and basically I don't think I should have to be put in the position to have to buy a new one. We trusted the dealership to use vigilance while our car was in their possession. We can't even have charges pressed against their employee for theft because the car was not in OUR possession when stolen.

Something about this whole thing just doesn't seem right. What would you do if this was your baby?
Later in his posts he said 'At least they can't say I trashed their name, just gave their location'.

Which is not harmful but it shows that what was happening he wanted to happen. Sure didn't call off the attack he saw happening. I saw that he is a published author. So he's a smart guy.

Bottom line is I truly do hate that some of you see me differently now. But I would defend you too if you could not speak to your side and were being blasted. And for the record, I was not 'defending' the dealership but merely pointing out that we don't know enough to justify trying to ruin this business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_LHD3 View Post
I would be surprised if more than a dozen folks on Camaro5 called to curse out the receptionist at the dealership. Most came in this thread and expressed their opinion on the situation. Most felt that the dealership could had handled this better and were not satisfied with what info they were getting.

When we do a fest and hundreds of Camaros show up to attend, some could easily say we have a mob mentality then too.

I have always enjoyed and hope to continue reading post from PQ as they are normally entertaining, but sincere. I have noticed with his engine being out of commission and national health care his post recently have a different demeanor to them. Seems to me his frustration was taken out unnecessarily on Mr. Hooper. I don’t see anyone here turning on anyone, but then I didn’t see the mob mentality either.

End the end I’m happy GM took the helm and got this moving in the right direction.

Actually I would have been surprised if more than one of us had done that but after this thread I'm not so sure. Only a small handfull of posts in here have had that tone but in life I have NEVER seen a story so one sided. Not that it is impossible but there is a fair enough likelihood that this was blown WAY out of fair proportion. I have sympathy for the dealer. I've shown the same fairness to vendors here and in other places. To engage the dealer/vendor/person who is participating is one thing. To continually slam someone who does not get to tell their side is irresponsible.

My lesser time spent on C5 believe it or not is not due to my car being down but I am working long and hard with our business. Health Care is the single most upsetting thing to me politically and personally in my life and another topic. haha

My participation in this thread is perfectly congruent to my participation here for nearly 6 years.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:26 PM   #1440
mrpyle

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS - Synergy Green
So ... dealer or insurance pays for the wreck. Dealer offers up a replacement value "credit" towards the new 2013. OP takes the deal and pays the difference. OP gets a new, one owner car and is in the hole $5k-6k. Can't argue with that.

Am I understanding that correctly? LoL ...

In any case ... kudo's to the vendors in this thread and grats to the Hooper's. Was definitely an interesting thread to follow!! Now what am I going to read up on during the day at work .....
Old 01-14-2014, 02:31 PM   #1441
Sharkonwheels

Let me fix that for ya..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpyle View Post
So ... dealer or insurance pays for the wreck. Dealer offers up a replacement new 2013. OP takes the deal and pays nothing towards the difference. OP gets a new, one owner car and is in the hole for nothing. Can't argue with that.

Am I understanding that correctly? LoL ...

In any case ... kudo's to the vendors in this thread and grats to the Hooper's. Was definitely an interesting thread to follow!! Now what am I going to read up on during the day at work .....
Now you got it.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:32 PM   #1442
GT500guy

Quote:
except no-one is agreeing with you.

That phrase you have there . . . right back at you.
Actually there are a few folks on here who have enough common sense to see things beyond one persons claims. A day ago I said I wasn't going to get into a pissing contest with anyone on here and I won't, at least not yet but unlike you and the majority of people on here, I know both the facts and the truth.

Closed Thread

Tags
1st state chevrolet, stealership, stolen, totaled, wrecked, zl1