Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-23-2010, 11:34 AM   #1
jagan323
I have no life

Drives: 06' Subaru STI, ex-Camaro V6 LLT
SS Bumper and Splitter

Hi Guys,

I recently got into a dumb accident, and my V6 splitter came off... AGAIN. It was a stillen splitter as seen here:

http://spadesv6.blogspot.com/2010/09/another-stillen-feature.html

Now for those of you who don't know, the splitter is mounted with double sided tape. From the get-go this splitter isn't that functional, tape? It was bound to be a nightmare. It comes with 4 small screws that mount in the center but it's not really enough to hold it down.

So, furiously, I want to buy a splitter that actually works. The one that seems to be most functional is only found on the V8. Because how the V8 bumper is shaped, the splitter is better installed on it. The splitter from shown on this website is more to my liking:
http://www.sfxperformance.com/Chevrolet-Camaro.asp

That splitter is like bolted on with around 16 bolts PLUS support rods... that sounds much more like it

As said before, I currently have the V6 Bumper, I want to change it to the V8 bumper just for this type of splitter. I know i will get a lot of hate for getting something that isn't supposed to be on the V6. No offense, I don't even like the mail slot that much, but as you can see I need the lower shape of the SS bumper in order to get a functional splitter.

So, if you guys can help out i'd greatly appreciate it. I just need to know what is the difference between the V8 and V6 bumpers. Like if I go to GM parts direct, which parts should I order. From observation, I need the bumper cover, and the lower grill. Anything else?

Also, I think i've seen a black splitter like the one I posted, I know some of you SS guys have this type of splitter. If you can recommend me some others that would be great as well!
Old 10-23-2010, 11:37 AM   #2
xLoGiK1

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
You would also need the Mail-Slot Grille (Upper Grille)
xLoGiK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 01:56 PM   #3
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
Personally, I like this one.

It's the ACS splitter and I had it painted.

Name:  IMAG0220.jpg
Views: 1624
Size:  123.5 KB

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!

Last edited by TBone; 10-23-2010 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Photo change
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 02:38 PM   #4
Rogey89
ZL 1 3 7

Drives: '23 ZL1
4 Parts. Front Fascia, Upper grille (mail slot) Lower grille (as it has more spokes than the v6s), lower rubber valance strip. everything else is paint and remove and install. I had the dealer do it to my 2LT before I even purchased the vehicle.

See: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...90#post2444990

for pics, and cost. It'll be different for you, (everything costs more in Canada)

Good Luck! I'm sure you'll love the look.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:37 PM   #5
jagan323
I have no life

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLoGiK1 View Post
You would also need the Mail-Slot Grille (Upper Grille)
Thanks, I was thinking of skipping the mail slot piece so i can put some light bars there =D

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone View Post
Personally, I like this one.

It's the ACS splitter and I had it painted.

T.
Oh that looks pretty good, but is it removable? The one i was interested in can be totally removed, since it is pure bolt on. It snows where i live, and my car is a DD, so I don't want the splitter on when the snow falls =p I'd probably get a snow plow instead lol =p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogey89 View Post
4 Parts. Front Fascia, Upper grille (mail slot) Lower grille (as it has more spokes than the v6s), lower rubber valance strip. everything else is paint and remove and install. I had the dealer do it to my 2LT before I even purchased the vehicle.

See: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...90#post2444990

for pics, and cost. It'll be different for you, (everything costs more in Canada)

Good Luck! I'm sure you'll love the look.
Thanks a lot for the information sir! Appreciate it, and you have one gorgeous Camaro!

Does anyone else have information on the splitters though? I swore I saw one that wasnt carbon fiber.
Old 10-23-2010, 11:07 PM   #6
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
Yes, it bolts on so you could remove it for the winter.

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 11:17 PM   #7
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
I do not like the shape of the ACS one too much, plus its so low to the ground. If I had that one on it would be ripped of by now since my car is lowered. I have this one by showstopper, it has more than 20 bolts holding it on. It would be a pain to remove for winter though.

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 12:46 PM   #8
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Taylor...I like yours. Here in Phoenix, anything lower than that would be torn off in the first day.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 01:13 PM   #9
jagan323
I have no life

Yeah Taylor, thanks for the brand name. That is much more what I am looking for. I would still prefer one with support rods... but the one you have is ideal for me. 20 bolts isn't a PITA for me. Better than my current setup, where i have to RIP off the bumper because it's held by tape..............................

yeah....
Old 10-24-2010, 01:48 PM   #10
daphatgrant
June '10

Drives: '10 2SS/RS RJT
I'm also an ACS splitter fan, in regards to the front bumper I'd give Dave Hiller at Newman Chevrolet a call, he quoted me $265 plus shipping for the SS front end. Here's his email addy dhiller@north2newman.com.

Also don't let anyone give you shit about the SS front, you aren't putting any SS decals on it so there is nothing for anyone to bitch or moan about it. I personally wish my car didn't have the mail slot as all it is is just one more thing to wax around.

(Click above image to learn about UpstateC5)
daphatgrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 02:28 PM   #11
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Just a heads up, it was a pain to installed. But it looks good lol
It took about three hours with the help of my friends dad.

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 03:41 PM   #12
jagan323
I have no life

Quote:
Originally Posted by daphatgrant View Post
I'm also an ACS splitter fan, in regards to the front bumper I'd give Dave Hiller at Newman Chevrolet a call, he quoted me $265 plus shipping for the SS front end. Here's his email addy dhiller@north2newman.com.

Also don't let anyone give you shit about the SS front, you aren't putting any SS decals on it so there is nothing for anyone to bitch or moan about it. I personally wish my car didn't have the mail slot as all it is is just one more thing to wax around.
WOW thanks alot! I was just thinking that I should contact some local GM dealer and asking them for quotes. That sounds like a pretty decent price, but do you know if it is painted? And thanks for the support lol, I never intend to pretend to be something im not by putting on SS badges, etc lol. I'm proud of my V6, it just has a bad bumper thats all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyan74 View Post
Just a heads up, it was a pain to installed. But it looks good lol
It took about three hours with the help of my friends dad.
lol... wow that sounds like a pain then... O_o What's so hard about it though? Specifically? I can't really imagine it taking 3 hours. Unless there is something I dont understand lol.
Old 10-24-2010, 03:46 PM   #13
LosingReality

Drives: Camaro LS
I see you used my pics!

Man, i havent had a problem with my splitter since i used REAL 3M tape. The tape it comes with isnt real 3M tape....
LosingReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 05:22 PM   #14
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
No one should hat on your V6 having an SS bumper unless you put an SS badge on it. Take your RS badge and put it on the grill or if you don't have one buy one.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote