Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-17-2012, 04:00 PM   #99
Uneducated Guess
'12 ZL1 #742

Drives: his wife crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minkman555 View Post
I am disappointed in Camaro5.com for letting this thread get to 3 posts let alone 91.

I am not uptight , and don't get offended easily . That being said , this is the biggest and best Camaro forum on the net -- and allowing a post with a topic which will obviously be offensive to some people is a shame and makes this great forum look bad.

Scheunika (correct spelling) -- is the name of my beautiful , African American fiancée. And to make a racial joke about a black ZL1 referring it to an obvious African American name is poor judgement -- and classless.

It's like calling an S550 "Hitler" -- just distasteful and classless , not something that should be on the best camaro site on the web.

My fiancé is beautiful , and I thank god she doesn't read this forum , and it makes me sad -- the thought of her looking at me on a camaro forum , reading a topic calling a new 55k+ car "Shaniqua" -- because the car is black.

Shame on the people who think this is "funny" . If you have enough to spend on a ZL1 camaro Mr. Drake -- I suggest you spend a few bucks on etiquette classes.

My .2c

Sent from my iPad 3rd Gen. using Tapatalk HD
are you serious? You have no idea the reasoning behind the name. You're making a huge assumption and I'm sure you've heard the phrase, "you know what happens when you assume." Drake hasn't once said he named his car "Shaniqua" because it's black.
Uneducated Guess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:02 PM   #100
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
I have never heard of the name Shaniqua in any context other than Drake using it as a name for his car.

I have yet to see ANY indication that it was meant to be derogitory (sp?) in ANY way to ANYONE intentionally.

Sometimes a name is just a name.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:04 PM   #101
KKreme15

Drives: C6 Z06
Quote:
I am disappointed in Camaro5.com for letting this thread get to 3 posts let alone 91.

I am not uptight , and don't get offended easily . That being said , this is the biggest and best Camaro forum on the net -- and allowing a post with a topic which will obviously be offensive to some people is a shame and makes this great forum look bad.

Scheunika (correct spelling) -- is the name of my beautiful , African American fiancée. And to make a racial joke about a black ZL1 referring it to an obvious African American name is poor judgement -- and classless.

It's like calling an S550 "Hitler" -- just distasteful and classless , not something that should be on the best camaro site on the web.

My fiancé is beautiful , and I thank god she doesn't read this forum , and it makes me sad -- the thought of her looking at me on a camaro forum , reading a topic calling a new 55k+ car "Shaniqua" -- because the car is black.

Shame on the people who think this is "funny" . If you have enough to spend on a ZL1 camaro Mr. Drake -- I suggest you spend a few bucks on etiquette classes.

My .2c

I'm black. Go away
KKreme15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:09 PM   #102
rrubio

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2012 Audi Q7
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKreme15 View Post
I'm black. Go away
Nice, some people just try to make things more than they are
Old 04-17-2012, 04:14 PM   #103
HEMI DAVE

Drives: 2016 Z06, 2015 Hellcat Challenger,
I think there is more than one way to spell..... Shaniqua.......

Heres a pic of Drake after he picked up the ZL1....

You cant be this sensitive dude......
Attached Images

Last edited by HEMI DAVE; 04-17-2012 at 04:25 PM.
HEMI DAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:22 PM   #104
c4maroboy
[HOONIGAN]

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #1848[The HOONIGAN MOBILE]
please please pleas smoke the tailights and post a pic or send it to me, this looks absoloutly SINISTER!! great car, and congrats. enjoy!
Old 04-17-2012, 04:54 PM   #105
ZL1_Alkindi
Mechanical Engineer

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Send a message via MSN to ZL1_Alkindi
Quote:

My .2c

LooL that really makes me laugh... Are you really playing the race card about the name of a car?? Most ppl name their cars and theres nothing wrong with it.. You dont see me going around smashing cars that were named Jeanie-Marie...

There are bigger things in life to get upset about bro... The name of a guys car isn't one of them...

We all need to just smile and get along...
Old 04-17-2012, 05:00 PM   #106
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Drake,

You have to let me know when your by MCB Quantico, I must see the ZL1 in person!
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:03 PM   #107
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
I am disappointed ...
Your post is the only thing I find offensive so I won't quote it again... It's obvious by your sign in date you haven't been here long enough to even have a clue where the name came from. You only noticed when it showed up on a thread title.

Shame on you for even going there... I would consider it an honor to have my name associated w/ a ZL1...
Old 04-17-2012, 05:03 PM   #108
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

Drives: 2012 IOM Camaro ZL1 #569
Send a message via AIM to Happy_Dan Send a message via Yahoo to Happy_Dan Send a message via Skype™ to Happy_Dan
If someone names their white car Bianca should I be offended because I am of Italian descent? I am 100% USA!
Happy_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:06 PM   #109
2SSRSinNC
Apricot idea killer

Drives: '12 SW 2SSRS LS3 w/roof '10 Slade
Send a message via AIM to 2SSRSinNC
I envy.

Can't wait for more pics. That hood...
2SSRSinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:38 PM   #110
Beck

Drives: Moped