Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

View Poll Results: What police counter measures do you use?
Radar Detector 35 100.00%
Laser Jammer 5 14.29%
Radar Jammer 2 5.71%
GPS Speed Camera / Red Light Camera Detector 9 25.71%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-27-2011, 12:09 PM   #15
It's A G8!

Drives: Pontiac G8
Slowly they sre taking everything from us.At least they took down the red light cameras in houston.
It's A G8! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 12:16 PM   #16
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
My Valentine One saved the Utah convoy to the Fest at least three times. I was skeptical to pick one up at first. But it has easily paid for itself!
Old 04-27-2011, 06:17 PM   #17
Nexus6
More human than human

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertyforall1776 View Post
At first I thought they were banning detectors, but they don't care about the passive devices, obviously. Everyone with a V1 should consider integrating with the RadarActive app and connection kit, and/or use the Trapster app. RadarActive effectively shares your radar results with the other app users building a database... This is the same kind of thing Apple and Google do with crowd-sourced traffic data.

See: http://radaractive.com/v1

ALso, I've never heard of a "GPS Speed Camera / Red Light Camera Detector", unless you basically mean an app like the aforementioned?
It's a database that you upload to the detector,It then alerts when you get close to one that has been tagged.

If you use a laser jammer the way they are supposed to be used,they will not know you have it.When you recieve the Alert,you slow down to the proper speed,and then turn the jammer off .That way they can get a reading,just not the reading they were hoping for

Radar Jammers have been illegal for years.I think the only company that "claims" to jam Radar is rocky mountain radar,And they have been debunked by at least a dozen people.Radar Roy put down 50k to the owner of the company at a convention to let him test with his Radar gun,and they declined.

http://www.radarjammertechnologies.com/

1100 - 10/22/2008
3000 - 05/27/2009
3300 - 06/06/2009
3800 - 06/29/2009
4B00 - 06/29/2009

Warehouse 13 survivor

Blood stains,speed kills,fast cars,cheap thrills,rich women,fine wine,i lost my sense i lost control i lost my
mind.

Last edited by Nexus6; 04-27-2011 at 06:35 PM.
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:54 PM   #18
ITMerc
Account Suspended

Drives: A.R.D. 1500, LSX Twin Turbo
That law has gaping holes in it. RADAR is an acronym/technical term, LASER is also an acronym/technical term with an entirely different definition. In the first part they try to glom the 2 together under the term RADAR and frankly that won't float. RADAR is entirely different from LASER. The sections where they ban the use/sale etc of RADAR will have no applicability to LASER once the first person challenges this in court IF they manage to pass it. They simply aren't the same beasts and they don't have much grounds to regulate LASER jammers since they're really nothing more than LED's emitting light on a certain frequency and its low power, invisible and eye safe...

To glom the 2 terms together they would have to create a new and fully defined term for speed detection equipment, NOT try to redefine RADAR to include light emissions.

[ra(dio) d(etecting) a(nd) r(anging
(Based on radio waves, regulated by the FCC)

[l(ight) a(mplification by) s(timulated) e(mission of) r(adiation).]
(Based on photons, NOT regulated by the FCC)

The basis of prohibiting RADAR is that its a RADIO emitter and both transmitters AND frequencies are regulated by the Fed govt under the FCC. To date the Fed govt/FCC doesn't regulate LIGHT int he invisible/eye safe low power spectrum that I know of... Heh!

They DO use Laser here in Houston, I've been hit with it at least 4 times in the last couple of years.
ITMerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 07:52 AM   #19
Patrol.in.a.Camaro
Lockin it Down!

Drives: 2012 V6 2LT/RS IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITMerc View Post
That law has gaping holes in it. RADAR is an acronym/technical term, LASER is also an acronym/technical term with an entirely different definition. In the first part they try to glom the 2 together under the term RADAR and frankly that won't float. RADAR is entirely different from LASER. The sections where they ban the use/sale etc of RADAR will have no applicability to LASER once the first person challenges this in court IF they manage to pass it. They simply aren't the same beasts and they don't have much grounds to regulate LASER jammers since they're really nothing more than LED's emitting light on a certain frequency and its low power, invisible and eye safe...

To glom the 2 terms together they would have to create a new and fully defined term for speed detection equipment, NOT try to redefine RADAR to include light emissions.

[ra(dio) d(etecting) a(nd) r(anging
(Based on radio waves, regulated by the FCC)

[l(ight) a(mplification by) s(timulated) e(mission of) r(adiation).]
(Based on photons, NOT regulated by the FCC)

The basis of prohibiting RADAR is that its a RADIO emitter and both transmitters AND frequencies are regulated by the Fed govt under the FCC. To date the Fed govt/FCC doesn't regulate LIGHT int he invisible/eye safe low power spectrum that I know of... Heh!

They DO use Laser here in Houston, I've been hit with it at least 4 times in the last couple of years.
I like where you are going with this. The day the Feds decide that they need to regulate light...
2012 2LT/RS coupe. Inferno Orange Metallic w/ Black Strip. 6 Speed Manual. IOM Leather Interior. Sunroof. 15% Window tint ~ Black Billet Door Sills ~ Orange Billet Racing Pedals ~ IOM Molded Splash Guards ~

~That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness~
Patrol.in.a.Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:11 AM   #20
RedWingsZL1

Drives: 2013 AGM M6 ZL1, 2008 Tahoe LTZ
How fast do you really need to go anyway? Here in Indiana it's damn near impossible to get a ticket for anything less than 7 over. You have to be doing some stupid stuff like weaving in and out of traffic, driving erratically, basically something unsafe coupled with speeding.

The posted speed limit between Indianapolis and Fort Wayne is 70MPH. I've NEVER been pulled over for having my cruise on 77MPH and I've gone past numerous State Troopers.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:12 AM   #21
DFWHD

Drives: 45th Anniversary Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
Plus if this becomes law everyone will be running laser.
Municipal budgets are still constrained, so it might take time for them to come up with the funding for them. On the other hand, if they have a bunch of Camaros haul'n ass through their area, the added ticket revenue could pay for them .
DFWHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:41 AM   #22
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
another necro thread.....geez guys this is 2 years old. talk about ancient history...

Tags
jammer, jamming, laser, radar, texas 82-hb 1116