Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 07-14-2014, 07:20 PM   #15
CCMADONNA

Drives: 2014 SW 2SS/RS
after two bad experiences i wrote to the dealership General Manager who told me to please use the body shop of my choice and the dealership would take care of all.

it reinforced what i have been reading on this forum to take my problems to the dealership management and give them the opportunity to make it right.

good luck getting your car situation cleared up.

2014 2SS/RS VERT L99
SUMMIT WHITE
AIRAID CAI
BORLA ATAK CAT-BACK EXHAUST
ELITE ENGINEERING CATCH-CAN
RANGE AFM-DELETE MODULE
HUPER OPTIK 40
CHROME PEDALS
PREMIUM FLOOR MATS
PREMIUM CARGO MAT
DEDICATED 32GB iPHONE HD
[/I][/B][IMG][/IMG]
CCMADONNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 07:22 PM   #16
Muscle Car Memories

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS,6 Speed,NPP Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
Fortunately that is a simple fix. It will take the PDR guy about 30 minutes or so and you'll never know it was there.

Yep a PDR guy will fix that in short order BUT it shouldnt have happened to begin with, where the hell do dealerships get their mechanics? And do the mechanics at dealerships really even give a damn if they damage someones car?
Muscle Car Memories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 08:24 PM   #17
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubSonic View Post
I know it's not the end of the world, but it's still pretty upsetting.

I took it in for first oil change at about 2,000 miles, because it was free and they didn't give me any trouble for changing it 'too soon.' This was apparently a mistake, and I probably will just do it myself in the future.

Ended up waiting just over an hour, (with a scheduled appointment). However, when they tell me the car is ready and I head over to the pick-up area, I immediately noticed a fresh gouge on the driver's side door crease. Of all places, someone was hoping I wouldn't notice.

I immediately told the employee at the desk and he went on a search for the service adviser. After 10 minutes of holding up the line, (I wasn't about to drive the car and give them an out.) He comes over.

He tries to explain that they don't park them next to other cars. I politely said that there was no dent when I got here and there is now, regardless of where the car was parked. He finally concedes that I am probably correct, and that he probably would have noticed it when I dropped it off if there was.

He gives me his card and says go to the body shop on the other side of the dealer and have the guy over there schedule an appointment. I head over there and the manager over there says the PDR guy is only here during the week. Just come sometime between 8-5, shouldn't take long... not sure I believe that. He hands me his card and says have the other guy set up the service.

At this point I am beginning to get annoyed. I go back to the original service adviser and said, your body shop manager told me to have you set it up. The adviser says that this is the body shop's job, I don't know why he's giving you the run-around.

At this point I am frustrated, and firmly but politely ask him to simply put it in writing on the ticket that this is their fault, they will cover it and sign his name. No problem, he does.

So now I have to take some time off from work and figure out beforehand if they PDR guy will actually have time to do it when I can.

Definitely not worth the free oil change.

Sorry for the novel and the rant, but I wish people would have the slightest respect for other people's stuff, or that the tech would at least own up to it so it's not left behind for me to find. And of course, the whole thing could be handled a lot better, and it hasn't even been handled yet. This car has 2k and still has paper plates.

I'll give them the chance to make it right.
Oh no!

Very sorry to hear about what happened at the dealer. If needed, please message me privately and I'll reach out to the designated Customer Experience Manager at the dealer if you feel additional assistance is necessary. Feel free to contact me privately if you'd like to proceed, or discuss this situation further.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:46 PM   #18
JTruck

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS
Can't beat Chevy's Customer Service here.
Old 07-14-2014, 10:48 PM   #19
Blue Bandit
blue bandit

Drives: 2018 2SS
That's why I alway's do a walk around with them Before and After
Blue Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:55 AM   #20
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
I've had that happen in the past, and I've found that a nicely worded letter to a few concerned parties will get results. In my case, the dealer had the PDR guy come to the dealership to remove the dent that they made. When I first noticed the dent, I told the service advisor, and I got an attitude; This is what prompted me to make a paper trail. Don't underestimate the power of the pen!

Another thing I've learned; I always either pay, supervise or perform my own service (unless its warranty related). You have to have a sense of control in these situations in order to mitigate screw ups.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 08:56 AM   #21
SubSonic

Drives: 2014 SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
I've had that happen in the past, and I've found that a nicely worded letter to a few concerned parties will get results. In my case, the dealer had the PDR guy come to the dealership to remove the dent that they made. When I first noticed the dent, I told the service advisor, and I got an attitude; This is what prompted me to make a paper trail. Don't underestimate the power of the pen!

Another thing I've learned; I always either pay, supervise or perform my own service (unless its warranty related). You have to have a sense of control in these situations in order to mitigate screw ups.
Yes, I do a general visual inspection before and after. That's why this is so obvious.

The paper trail you spoke of is why I got the service adviser to write down on the ticket that they dinged my car and that it is their responsibility, signed and dated.

The PDR guy is on staff, however he only works weekdays from 8 to 5 and I'm having a heck of a time getting time off work to go deal with this thing that shouldn't have happened to begin with.

The dealer is 40 minutes from where I work and about 25 from my house in the other direction, so it's not very convenient. It just sucks to have to go way out of the way when it is their mistake. It would be really nice if they'd be willing to cover a mobile guy to just come out and fix it, but that's probably a stretch.

This is why I was considering just paying for someone to come out, might cost me less in the end. I just know that I really shouldn't have to, and that pisses me off.

Thanks for input, I appreciate all of it.
SubSonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:27 AM   #22
SubSonic

Drives: 2014 SS/RS M6
I was finally able to get the car in this morning. PDR guy did his thing and it's 99.9%. I'm happy with the result. Not so happy about how it happened but result is good.

On a side note, I looked at my doors to ensure no holes would be snuck by and plugged in the process, only to realize there was already a PDR hole in the driver's door that had been there since I took delivery. I guess that made it easy for this guy.

Whatever, it's good. I could just barely pick out the most minor of imperfections (that could be mistaken for orange peal variation), with my face down the door line. But I am confident that I would be the only one, simply because I knew exactly where it was and because I got an auto paint and body certification in a past life to restore the 67 Mustang.

Not happy that this is the same dealer that delivered a car with a PDR plug. But car was a dealer trade, so I can't necessarily say they were the ones that actually drilled it.

But car's straight. I can let the rest go for now.
SubSonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 08:07 AM   #23
Kleeeb

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 1LT/RS
Send a message via MSN to Kleeeb Send a message via Skype™ to Kleeeb
I have a ding that that in my drivers door. But mines from some jackass opening their door and hitting my car. It's not noticeable unless in the right light with the reflections...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk