Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 06-03-2009, 09:35 AM   #29
Red Hot SS

Drives: 2010 Victory Red 2SS/RS M6
boo pioneer. go memphis.

EDIT:

But Go you for aftermarket subs. I'm going with 2 12'' Memphis M3s...

VIN: 2G1FT1EW8A9118043
Finally Home! (6/16)
Red Hot SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 05:40 PM   #30
johnnybgoode314

Drives: EL-OH-EL-A Black 1SS 6M
sounds very similar to what i'm gonna do.

Got an RF3SIXTY.2 already and pulled some infinity kappa perfects out of my old car. going to use the woofers as midbass drivers in the back

Fronts are going to be Rainbow SLC365.2 NG
Rear will be the Kappa Perfect 6.1s as mentioned already
ARC audio KS 300.4 4-ch amp
ARC audio KS 500.1 Mono amp
Still deciding on what sub i want to run. Something that can handle around 600WRMS

I am really liking the battery being in the back of the car so i don't have to run power wire that far
Old 06-04-2009, 05:47 PM   #31
jr_hoyt
J-Rock

Drives: 2001 Yellow Ford Focus
On topic:
That's a lot of freaking sound equipment! I don't blame you for being a brand whore, I'm the same way... God blessed me with CDO (that's OCD in alphabetical order), J/K!

Off topic:
You ordered in April and expected it to be in by May?! Did it actually work out?!

jr_hoyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 09:04 PM   #32
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Drives: 400HP 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTron View Post
pshhh...post pics of everything...LOL

subs, amps, car before car during, after, build pics...lol....im addicted!
Oh you better believe it I will be posting literly 100+ photos from before to after and all the inbetween including building of the custom Camaro sub boxes!

Shaun

CRAZY BEE - IOM 2LT/RS (more)
Cosmetic Mods - 24 | Performance Mods - 14
ROTO-FAB CAI - DT HEADERS - CUSTOM 3-INCH PIPE EXHAUST - RES DEL - R-CATS DEL - MAGNAFLOW RES X-PIPE - 91 OCTANE TUNE - FULL ADM KIT - PORTED IM - PORTED TB - PORTED CH - BLACK 3/8 ISOLATOR - TRIFECTA TUNED
DJ ATOMIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 03:54 PM   #33
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by H3LLJumper View Post
7.1 is stupid atm as...what, 3? movies support it?
Off topic, but to answer. I have Harmon Kardon 7.1 with tru surround including HDMI jacks in and out. Add 7 Bose speakers to that and 7.1 Blu Ray and you have an incredible sound experience. Bluray discs have tru 7.1 surround soundtrack.
Old 06-06-2009, 03:59 PM   #34
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroguy View Post
I agree completely. I actually finished my home theater about a year and a half ago. Nothin' better than watching blu-ray movies on my 110" screen with the 7 channel Dolby Tru-surround loss-less sound track!!!

But as far as the camaro, I'll just throw a powered sub in the trunk and call it good..
Agreed. Gotto love a great movie viewing experience from your couch at home!
Old 06-07-2009, 08:39 PM   #35
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Here is the 2nd final draft design for the trunk and sub woofer box setup based upon the spec's of the Camaro's trunk capacity. My final draft design will most likely be some quick tweaking of the box size when I finally get my car. I wont start building this sexy setup untill the car arrives. Again, I will take hordes of pictures for everyone when as I build and create the car audio system of my dreams!

Since I snapped those photos a couple weeks ago of all those car audio parts, I've ordered 4 authentic Pioneer 10" sub grills;
http://www.audio-warehouse.com/web/m...257/detail.asp

I've also ordered several more monster 300 ring terminals to connect the power wire to the compacitor and 4 sets of banana plug ports that you see at the back of the box in the photo below

As for those grills, I think they'll look great equiped to a super skinny box. This install should look sick and leave me with a decent amount of trunk space left over. I love working with power tools so I cant wait for this part let alone the sweet ride!

f.y.i , the whole thing is 100% photoshopped including the box and speakers, nothing is real unfortunately :( . However, the sub boxes you see are the look I will be going for. I will be painting these things with the stone look paint finish. I will use double treated 11-ply top end 3/4" plywood for the box design which will deliver much better than any MDF solution out there.

Shaun
Attached Images

ROTO-FAB CAI - DT HEADERS - CUSTOM 3-INCH PIPE EXHAUST - RES DEL - R-CATS DEL - MAGNAFLOW RES X-PIPE - 91 OCTANE TUNE - FULL ADM KIT - PORTED IM - PORTED TB - PORTED CH - BLACK 3/8 ISOLATOR - TRIFECTA TUNED

Last edited by DJ ATOMIX; 06-07-2009 at 08:42 PM. Reason: add more content
Old 06-07-2009, 09:28 PM   #36
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
W/ all that equipment, you'll wind up getiing 20-25mpg..oh and your RMS wattage is probably not too realistic, let alone the peak rating. You'll have to upgrade your electrical(alternator/battery system), which will add additional weight..

..maybe you should remove the backseat, and just add a wall..
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 10:06 PM   #37
kdoske
Waiting For My 1SS/RS SIM

Drives: Sold My Lancer, now carless :/
oook, i'm not saying this to be mean but you may have gone overboard with the stereo.
kdoske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:33 AM   #38
MTron

Drives: 99 Grand Prix
"If its worth doing, its worth overdoing!"

Nice setup man and nice boxes, but i have a quick question. I noticed that each box has 2 terminals, one for each sub. I think you would be able to save a touch of money by using only 1 set of posts on each box.

Second question. How do you plan on wiring the subs? all 4 in parallel to give a 1ohm load? or the subs in each box in series/parallel and both boxes in parallel/series to the amp to give a 4 ohm load (i assume you wont do all the subs in series for a 16ohm load....)

regardless of the choice...if you used only 1 terminal per box, you don't have to buy 2 more terminals, and you save on the wiring a bit as well...also get a cleaner look/easier cable routing if you use only 1 set of wires per box
MTron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:01 AM   #39
bpmurr
The Enemy ;)

Drives: 2017 Shelby GT350
Send a message via AIM to bpmurr
This is going to be a really nice system. You should contact Pioneer and they'd probably sponsor you. They are trying to get into the car/home audio market bigtime after dropping the Kuro TV line. What better then to have a hot new Camaro with their gear in it.
bpmurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:26 AM   #40
Adam
You Said Member

Drives: 2010 SIM 2LT Auto RS
not sure if this was asked, but what was your bill on this?
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:38 AM   #41
sasquash1984
502 RWHP N/A

Drives: The yeti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash View Post
I have 2 18 MTX and 2 10 MTX's sitting around, not installed at the moment. The 18's are deadly lol.

That Pioneer gear is really sweet man.
18's are deadly

im waiting to see how this is done wanting to put my 2 mtx 10's in
factory motor factory trans, Gpi ss4 cam stock heads ported and milled, full exhaust, circle d 5c 4000 triple disk, 3:91 rear end with posi mod, cai, bmr derlin rear diff bushins, bmr derlin cradle bushins, bmr trailing arms, toe rods with bushings, and bmr anti extreme sway bar. Weld rt-s 17x5 fronts and 17X10 rears on mickey thompson et street r's
sasquash1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:22 AM   #42
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTron View Post
"If its worth doing, its worth overdoing!"

Nice setup man and nice boxes, but i have a quick question. I noticed that each box has 2 terminals, one for each sub. I think you would be able to save a touch of money by using only 1 set of posts on each box.

Second question. How do you plan on wiring the subs? all 4 in parallel to give a 1ohm load? or the subs in each box in series/parallel and both boxes in parallel/series to the amp to give a 4 ohm load (i assume you wont do all the subs in series for a 16ohm load....)

regardless of the choice...if you used only 1 terminal per box, you don't have to buy 2 more terminals, and you save on the wiring a bit as well...also get a cleaner look/easier cable routing if you use only 1 set of wires per box
4 in parallel using two 2in 4gauge / 4out 8gauge Power Distribution Blocks, one block for positive, one for negative. All these blocks look like is just like a USB hub except that the one's I got have two 4gauge inputs. If I was to use only 1 box terminal, I would end up with 4ohms load between the two subs if wired in series.

As for the box terminals, they were only $2.99US;
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...Terminals.html

In amplifiers, choosing an amplifier that is capable of 1ohm can be crucial in a setup just like mine. The effeciency at 1ohm is just insane (almost 100%) so you minimize the impact of power struggle on the battery and alternator. This also reduces the requirement of you needing two subwoofer amplifiers to get the job done in a situation like mine. Between my two amps (one sub+one mid/highs), I'm looking at 54AMPs being drawn as an average with the music blasting on high which is nowhere near what that camaro alternator is capable of delivering.

I read that the Camaro's alternator storms up a healthy 150AMPs which is much more than I will require for this entire setup. I may have to upgrade the battery if it comes down to it but the stock battery should work just fine. This is where the capacitor comes into play

Adam:
As for cost, right now I'm sitting just under $3500 Canadian. Believe it or not, the accessories is what killed me. Wires, 4 power distribution blocks, 0gauge/4gauge wire, fuses, 3 crimpless ring gauge terminals(0gauge) and a battery harness connectivity kit. By time everything is all said and done, I should be at $3700 and thats including two sheets of 11-ply plywood along with a couple spray cans of paint. I literly money pinched every saving hundred's buying most my parts online from various e-tailers. I will also be installing the entire setup myself cutting out that nasty cost of labour. I would expect an install like this to set me back at least another $750 if not more.

I must admit, people who live in the U.S can get some insanely even better deals then Canadian's like me as alot of car audio e-tailers offer amazing deals on shipping, if not free! Shipping set me back a notch along with the currrency exchange that made me wanna cry. However, this still costed me far less than buying in the city.

To Canadian's like me buying this equipment online, do not use UPS, use USPS only as UPS rips you off by charging an additional fee that is up to 100% cost of the parcel. My lincense plate protector kit and custom frame costed me $52 Canadian + $14shipping but then UPS threw in a $33 fee ontop which they made me pay at the door. I was soo mad that I paid them in coins, ya,, coins right down to pennies... take that UPS! Ripoff I tell you.

USPS ----> Canada Post is the only way to go.

Shaun

Last edited by DJ ATOMIX; 06-09-2009 at 09:27 AM. Reason: ..