Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > V8 Bolt-Ons & Tunes

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 09-07-2010, 03:22 PM   #43
southerncarparts

Drives: 2009 Corvette Z06
We just dropped the price on the Camaro Axle-Back systems to ensure that we were the most competitively priced retailer on line. Our Cat-Backs were already well below the next best price, but we're always looking to improve the amount of savings we can pass on to you, so be sure to check out our website if you're shopping right now!

Thanks,
Matt
southerncarparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 03:54 PM   #44
SpicolisJoyRide
A Small Vicious Animal

Drives: 2010 2SS - Cyber Grey
Just ordered my ATAK exhaust from you guys and created an account to say thanks for the help, you guys are awesome!
SpicolisJoyRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:58 PM   #45
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Just for everyone's knowledge if you have LT headers and hf cats, you will have increased drone with these systems.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:55 AM   #46
Fat_Tire_Custom

Drives: 1972 Rally Sport, 2010 RS/SS
Does anyone know the HP gain of the Borla ATAK on the LS3?
Fat_Tire_Custom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:24 AM   #47
cntryman77

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncarparts View Post
Won't find the ATAK installed on any V6 Camaros, sadly, as it is built only for the Camaro SS.
If you're looking for a an exhaust system for the V6, you should check out the Borla System 11776. As for videos of that system, I don't have any, but I bet a careful Google or Youtube search could yield one for you.

Thanks,
Matt
This is why I probably won't go with Borla. I love the sound of the ATAK exhausts & Borla has high quality products, but there isn't an ATAK catback for the V6 Camaro...strange they have one for the 2011 V6 Mustang though
Old 09-10-2010, 11:45 AM   #48
southerncarparts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpicolisJoyRide View Post
Just ordered my ATAK exhaust from you guys and created an account to say thanks for the help, you guys are awesome!
Glad you're happy with the service! Let us know what you think of the system once you have it!

Thanks,
Matt
Old 09-10-2010, 12:01 PM   #49
southerncarparts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
Just for everyone's knowledge if you have LT headers and hf cats, you will have increased drone with these systems.
Headers will always give a louder exhaust noise, and, as result, a louder cabin drone. That's, sadly, an unavoidable side effect. The choice of header/exhaust combo can always minimize this, and give a more specific exhaust tone too, but some cabin drone is unavoidable. If you're worried about cabin drone with a LT/Exhaust combo, I'd recommend going with a tamer system, like the Borla touring in that application.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 09-10-2010, 12:15 PM   #50
southerncarparts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_Tire_Custom View Post
Does anyone know the HP gain of the Borla ATAK on the LS3?
We typically see dyno numbers, on the cat-back, of 8-14 horsepower. Those numbers tend to fluctuate on a case by case basis, as each engine responds a little differently, some have tunes or other mods, and some dynos just give more (or less) beneficial numbers. I'd imagine, 8HP at the bare minimum, and as much as 15 or 16 with a solid tune and a kind dyno.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 09-10-2010, 12:20 PM   #51
southerncarparts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntryman77 View Post
This is why I probably won't go with Borla. I love the sound of the ATAK exhausts & Borla has high quality products, but there isn't an ATAK catback for the V6 Camaro...strange they have one for the 2011 V6 Mustang though
It is really weird that there isn't a V6 ATAK for the Camaro, but there is one for the Mustang. I'd still recommend looking at a Borla system for the V6 though, as their quality is undeniable. If you're looking for something else though, give us a call and we'll see if we can't hook you up right!

Thanks,
Matt
Old 09-11-2010, 08:51 PM   #52
martin_2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1ss/Rs package
do you have any more atak in stock im ready to place my order but want to make surfe i will get it ASAP im anxious
martin_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:50 PM   #53
overhaulengines

Drives: Red 2SS/RS M6
hello, PM ARH 1 7/8, high flow cats, complete borla s mufflers, from headers to tip. shipped to 78009

thank you

Lupe
overhaulengines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:54 PM   #54
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncarparts View Post
Headers will always give a louder exhaust noise, and, as result, a louder cabin drone. That's, sadly, an unavoidable side effect. The choice of header/exhaust combo can always minimize this, and give a more specific exhaust tone too, but some cabin drone is unavoidable. If you're worried about cabin drone with a LT/Exhaust combo, I'd recommend going with a tamer system, like the Borla touring in that application.

Thanks,
Matt
If the ATAK had a little drone it would be ok, but it has ALOT, just wanting people to know before they buy and are not happy with what they purchased. If you are going to do any amount of interstate driving it will annoy you real quick, but you will be out of luck then.

Borla said that they drone would be a little less if you used Borla Headers but you can expect Drone with headers and HF cats.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 11:15 AM   #55
southerncarparts

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_2010 View Post
do you have any more atak in stock im ready to place my order but want to make surfe i will get it ASAP im anxious
We have all of the Borla ATAK systems in stock currently! It's a great time to order, as the system will ship out the same day the order is placed (if made before 4:00PM).

Thanks,
Matt
Old 09-14-2010, 11:22 AM   #56
southerncarparts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
If the ATAK had a little drone it would be ok, but it has ALOT, just wanting people to know before they buy and are not happy with what they purchased. If you are going to do any amount of interstate driving it will annoy you real quick, but you will be out of luck then.

Borla said that they drone would be a little less if you used Borla Headers but you can expect Drone with headers and HF cats.
Again, you're talking about a complete header package with HF cats and a Borla exhaust. These full systems have drone. They also provide a ton of performance. If you wanted minimal drone with your headers, the Borla touring would've been the option to go with, but again even that has some drone, as you're talking about a complete header/exhaust package from front to back.
Without headers, the Borla ATAK has very minimal drone. Especially when considering how aggressive a performance system it is and how tone it gives from outside of the vehicle.
Dr Jekl is right, though. When ordering a complete header/exhaust combo package, be sure to mind the fact that you will get increased exhaust noise, and with that, increased cabin drone. This is the downside to giving your Camaro such a wide-open exhaust flow and HP/Torque boost.

Thanks,
Matt