Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 09-26-2012, 11:17 AM   #1
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
What's Best for Paint Protection

I want to protect the paint. Is a clear bra the best way to go? X-pel or nano fusion? Or just use a good sealer and a dozen coats of high end wax? Clear bra? Use on the front/part way up the hood? Side gill panel? Do the lines show where it starts/stops? Whats the maintenance on clear bra? Wash and wax with the rest of the car? What do you recommend?

My Red Jewel SS is nicked and chipped all over the front and along the side gills just from every day usage, on good roads I might add. Two years old with 20,000 miles, but the paint looks crap.
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:20 PM   #2
boltmark
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2 SS/RS IOM Camaro
zaino by far but you will probably be told Adam's polish on this site.
boltmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:30 PM   #3
jimmy5

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #450
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltmark View Post
zaino by far but you will probably be told Adam's polish on this site.
jimmy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:44 PM   #4
zfuzz

Drives: 69 Z28 / 12 ZL1
Big Zaino fan here as well but I went for Opti-Guard for the sealant on the Z. Once applied it is on for the life of the car, no more sealing waxing or anything required. Nothing can bond to it, bugs water spots you name it wipe right off with almost no effort at all.

All you should ever need to do is top it off with some detail spray of your choice. This is where the Zaino Z8 would come in to provide the bling over the top of the opti-guard.

I also have Xpel on the nose and gill areas of the car because there is no sealant or wax type product that will prevent rock chips.

So far extremely happy with my choices
zfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:36 PM   #5
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
clear bra to cover the most critical areas such as the front facia, the mirrors (they stick out) and the gill area.

If the clear bra is applied properly, the only thig YOU will notice will be the top line of the clear bra on the gills because there is no natural body parting line for it to extend to.

There is no maintenance needed for the clear bra although you can wax it along with the rest of the car if you choose to do so.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:14 PM   #6
Samson2029

Drives: 328xi, ML400, ZL1 man. 2013
A few layers of carnauba wax is great, applied by hand, orange peel becomes less apparent and gives an amazing deep mirror shine
Samson2029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:41 PM   #7
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
I'd post this in the detailing section of the forum to reach a broader audience.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:57 PM   #8
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Zaino? Nubas? Are you guys kidding me? He asked for the BEST protection. Nothing is going to beat having a couple mils of high quality vinyl, ie a clearbra. That's the only thing that stands a chance at protecting your paint from chips or any of the really nasty stuff.

The next option would be Opti-Coat 2.0. It's a permanent "sealant" or coating that will protect your paint from everything, not including rock chips (maybe a tiny amount of protection from rocks...maybe)

Going on down the line you'd have sealants (any good quality one, don't get caught up in Brand X vs brand Y chest-beating), and waxes (same deal with the brands). These only provide temporary protection from the elements, and fleeting protection from bird bombs. No protection whatsoever from rock chips.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:02 PM   #9
Texas_venom

Drives: 2007 G35
Xpel Ultimate and Nano Fusion are both good films... and I like Suntek as well. there are a ton of threads on here regarding this topic and photos so you can see what it looksl ike. I would do a search first.. then if there are any questions ask then. Most of this has been discussed numerosu times already. But the films above are the best out there.
Texas_venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:27 AM   #10
flyingfortress1944

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Rejex !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
flyingfortress1944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:29 AM   #11
Angelo@Autopia

Drives: 2014 Ford Focus ST
Asking for the best sealant, then look into these fine products from the Autopia Car Care Store. You can use many of these fine products for protection but the only product that will give you what I think your looking for will be the Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 Permanent Paint Coating.
Angelo@Autopia is offline   Reply With Quote