Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 07-10-2014, 05:07 PM   #15
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Its great to see all the proponents of each system chime in.

Spartan suit, I'm not necessarily looking to get a gaming fix right now. I have yet to complete tomb raider and I have a whole summer of car events to keep me occupied until Xmas time or spring next year. I'm just an extreme planner for things like this. I want to know exactly what I'm doing for the next gen games. Am I upgrading my laptop at the end of the year or buying a console for games going forward from 2015 on. I will always have a laptop for some games and I am keeping my 360. Its the choice of which console or PC to build/buy next year.
Old 07-10-2014, 05:10 PM   #16
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
Its great to see all the proponents of each system chime in.

Spartan suit, I'm not necessarily looking to get a gaming fix right now. I have yet to complete tomb raider and I have a whole summer of car events to keep me occupied until Xmas time or spring next year. I'm just an extreme planner for things like this. I want to know exactly what I'm doing for the next gen games. Am I upgrading my laptop at the end of the year or buying a console for games going forward from 2015 on. I will always have a laptop for some games and I am keeping my 360. Its the choice of which console or PC to build/buy next year.
If that's the case I say build a new Desktop. PC parts should be getting a full refresh in the coming months with Haswell-E, Broadwell, GTX 800 series, DDR4, etc.
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 05:18 PM   #17
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

I still have my antec 900 case to start with, so if I do go a desktop route, that will be it.
Laptop I'll just end up buying a new one from xoticpc again.
Consoles I'll order through gamestop since I have some $250 credit there already.
Old 07-10-2014, 05:55 PM   #18
BriteCrawler

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Usually a PC gamer, I got both the XBone and the PS4 when they launched. I've used the XBone for Titanfall, Streaming Video Services (Netflix, Twitch, etc.), and to play Blu Rays. The PS4 became a $400 Resogun machine, as it was the only launch title (a cheap little DLC one at that) that I found remotely enjoyable.

Upcoming things I'm looking forward to you didn't mention:

XBone:
Halo 5, Crackdown 3, Forza Horizon 2, Project Spark

PS4:
Oddworld, Drive Club, The Order 1866, Uncharted 4, Bloodborne

In general, including PC:
Dragon Age III, Lords of the Fallen, PlaneScape, Wasteland 2.

Given your tastes and comfort with PC, if you're looking for something to occupy the TV, maybe build or buy a steam box or an alienware alpha with a bluray player?
BriteCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 06:22 PM   #19
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriteCrawler View Post
Usually a PC gamer, I got both the XBone and the PS4 when they launched. I've used the XBone for Titanfall, Streaming Video Services (Netflix, Twitch, etc.), and to play Blu Rays. The PS4 became a $400 Resogun machine, as it was the only launch title (a cheap little DLC one at that) that I found remotely enjoyable.

Upcoming things I'm looking forward to you didn't mention:

XBone:
Halo 5, Crackdown 3, Forza Horizon 2, Project Spark

PS4:
Oddworld, Drive Club, The Order 1866, Uncharted 4, Bloodborne

In general, including PC:
Dragon Age III, Lords of the Fallen, PlaneScape, Wasteland 2.

Given your tastes and comfort with PC, if you're looking for something to occupy the TV, maybe build or buy a steam box or an alienware alpha with a bluray player?

Of the games you listed. Dragon Age will most likely be bought by my buddy who prefers to watch me play it. I myself don't have any interest in the battle system of DA, although the trailers look good.

Blood borne gives me a Dark Souls tingly feeling, but I'm waiting for more details before becoming extied. Drive club and the Crew look fun, but it depends on how many people play it. Halo 5 will be hit/miss. It's a fps and after playing halo:ce through halo reach, the gameplay was all too similar. That is why I never picked up halo4.

I think I may just end up building a pc and using this laptop as a steambox so my wife can play heroes of might and magic on it.
Old 07-10-2014, 06:28 PM   #20
BriteCrawler

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
Of the games you listed. Dragon Age will most likely be bought by my buddy who prefers to watch me play it. I myself don't have any interest in the battle system of DA, although the trailers look good.

Blood borne gives me a Dark Souls tingly feeling, but I'm waiting for more details before becoming extied. Drive club and the Crew look fun, but it depends on how many people play it. Halo 5 will be hit/miss. It's a fps and after playing halo:ce through halo reach, the gameplay was all too similar. That is why I never picked up halo4.

I think I may just end up building a pc and using this laptop as a steambox so my wife can play heroes of might and magic on it.
HOMM 3 was one of my favorite games ever.
BriteCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 06:29 PM   #21
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriteCrawler View Post
HOMM 3 was one of my favorite games ever.
3 or 4 was one of mine also. She just recently beat 6 about 2 months ago.
Old 07-10-2014, 11:39 PM   #22
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

bravely default is on 3ds...fml
Dragon Knights is for my smartphone (sweet!)
The age of decadence (PC)

Three new games I found tonight.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:45 PM   #23
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Any other opinions?
Old 07-17-2014, 07:36 AM   #24
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
don't care for racing games?
Old 07-21-2014, 11:05 AM   #25
kold

Drives: 2011 LS White Camaro
Let me start by saying that i own both sonsoles and have been an xbox guy since the first one but the PS4 has blown me away.

So if ur looking for a console i would say ps4.

1080p crispy ness
Runs smoother (IMO)
Seems to be getting more exclusive content in the Single player world
Better games ( single player wise )
Better Controller

Another thing is if ur looking to get into shooters i feel like theres less campers, rpg's, noobtubers, and the community seems to be a little more mature if you ask me. I am a huge FPS fan and usually buy fps games for both consoles if its a good fps, since i have friends on both consoles.

Also remember that you can just get one of those travel cases for the consoles and its super easy to take with you. That plus the console+travel case will also be cheaper then the pc.
kold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 05:50 PM   #26
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
don't care for racing games?
Racing games are great if you have people too compete with on a regular basis. I haven't picked up Forza in months because no one beat my time trial times with the group of friends. Never really finished the game because it's not the same as going out and driving the twisties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kold View Post
Let me start by saying that i own both sonsoles and have been an xbox guy since the first one but the PS4 has blown me away.

So if ur looking for a console i would say ps4.

1080p crispy ness
Runs smoother (IMO)
Seems to be getting more exclusive content in the Single player world
Better games ( single player wise )
Better Controller

Another thing is if ur looking to get into shooters i feel like theres less campers, rpg's, noobtubers, and the community seems to be a little more mature if you ask me. I am a huge FPS fan and usually buy fps games for both consoles if its a good fps, since i have friends on both consoles.

Also remember that you can just get one of those travel cases for the consoles and its super easy to take with you. That plus the console+travel case will also be cheaper then the pc.
Thanks for the post Kold. It does help. The travel case isn't a bad idea.

If I'm going to go with a fps, it's PC or bust. Nothing beats a mouse/keyboard imvho for FPS only. The games will almsot all be available on PC where it will run even smoother at a higher FPS too. I'm trying to figure out if the consoles will provide a better experience than the PC. Until I get a bunch of friends who are playing the same games I am, I don't think that PSN or XBL will be where to play. I don't think I've spoken to anyone on my xbl friends list for over a year.
Old 07-23-2014, 06:07 PM   #27
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Which nextgen console if any based off this criteria?

What's great about forza, is the drivatars. I haven't really played any real racing games since need for speed in the early 2000's. Lol. So I don't know if the drivatar is a new thing or not, but Your friends don't need to be there, to challenge their best times. You race their ghosted car. It's pretty sweet.
Old 07-23-2014, 06:27 PM   #28
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

That is what the time trials on Forza 4 were. I tried to set up weekly challenges, or even challenges on days when a few of us would be online, but those died out really quickly. Eventually I just quit playing the game as that was the only draw for me.