Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 02-24-2008, 05:13 PM   #85
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoya View Post
I dont know, when i first saw those early spy shots with these headlights, i remembered the malibu's headlights setup. I remembered seeing those spyshots and thinking "god i hope they dont keep those headlights cause it looks cheap." I just think this setup on the malibu looks a lot like on the camaro. This is the best pic i could find:
it does look similar but hard to tell with the camo....
I do like the idea of two different front treatments to be able to quickly Identify the Camaro coming at you since you will only have a second or two before it goes flashing by at high speed....
Either way I will like it!
Old 02-24-2008, 05:23 PM   #86
Gatecrasher
User

Drives: 1994 Stealth R/T Turbo
They did the same thing with the CTS too.

I'm betting they're just hand-laid fiberglass housings for the bulk junk headlamps that Scott was referring to. Just enough to close up the gaping hole in the front of the car and hold the temporary headlamps in place.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:03 PM   #87
munkee drummer

Drives: 2010 convertible
Man that black is soooooooooooo hot looking!! The natives are getting restless!!!!!!:5thgenvert:
Old 02-24-2008, 07:26 PM   #88
Radcannon

Drives: 67 Street/Strip/Show
The headlights are production. Its sad i liked the other style better. I believe that all the brakes are 2 pistons. Camo is painted on they have taken the bras off now. Its still got some work for her to be finished yet but she is coming along and that new ls3 is baddddd a$$$$$$$$$$.... The side scoops wont open up. And the grill is the only thing i dont like it should be shiny.
Radcannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 07:29 PM   #89
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radcannon View Post
The headlights are production.
Are you from Brughes?
Old 02-24-2008, 07:34 PM   #90
camero

Drives: IOM V6 RS 38808
Quote:
The headlights are production. Its sad i liked the other style better. ..... The side scoops wont open up. And the grill is the only thing i dont like it should be shiny.
The headlights are definitely NOT production but they are pretty amazing. Contrary to what Scott said they are not hot glue or velcro but are custom engineered limited production housings that fit the car and the generic lights together perfectly. These mules undergo tens of thousands of miles of testing in all different environments and since the real lights aren't ready they need some that will function just like real for the long life required. I worked on the real ones and when I saw these up close I studied them for at least 10 minutes in utter fascination of what the Camaro's lights would look like with no "design".... just "engineering". Don't fall in love with the grill either.
camero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 08:03 PM   #91
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by camero View Post
The headlights are definitely NOT production but they are pretty amazing. Contrary to what Scott said they are not hot glue or velcro but are custom engineered limited production housings that fit the car and the generic lights together perfectly. These mules undergo tens of thousands of miles of testing in all different environments and since the real lights aren't ready they need some that will function just like real for the long life required. I worked on the real ones and when I saw these up close I studied them for at least 10 minutes in utter fascination of what the Camaro's lights would look like with no "design".... just "engineering". Don't fall in love with the grill either.
Well now, we have conflicting reports from people who have posted insider information before. Or at least bits and pieces of such information. I think that this helps to confirm Camero's place as being who he claims. Anyone else with me on this?
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 08:53 PM   #92
fiveohh

Drives: stratus
Quote:
I was kinda liking the grill......... really 69ish....sorta.....maybe.....LOL.
fiveohh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 08:57 PM   #93
WillInThe04Ranger

Drives: 04 Ranger, 95 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to WillInThe04Ranger
Quote:
I've heard the concepts and all like this get distroyed when done. is that true or do you not know?? ILL TAKE THE TEST MULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-24-2008, 09:26 PM   #94
Omega94

Drives: 1994 Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
The headlights are production. Its sad i liked the other style better. I believe that all the brakes are 2 pistons. Camo is painted on they have taken the bras off now. Its still got some work for her to be finished yet but she is coming along and that new ls3 is baddddd a$$$$$$$$$$.... The side scoops wont open up. And the grill is the only thing i dont like it should be shiny.
Geez...you talk with such certainty...How can you say that the headlights we are seeing on the pre-pro are definitely production spec??? How do YOU know?? Just so you know...Scott has mentioned many many times that those are NOT the production headlights.

1994 Camaro 3.4l V6, 5-speed, SLP Loudmouth I cat-back exhaust.
It's loud, slow as all get out, but loud
No more money going into this one...everything's being saved for my 5th Gen.
2010 Camaro SS 6-speed, Black/Black
Omega94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 10:11 PM   #95
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Well now, we have conflicting reports from people who have posted insider information before. Or at least bits and pieces of such information. I think that this helps to confirm Camero's place as being who he claims. Anyone else with me on this?
I don't like taking sides....it's just not cool with me: but I agree with you on that point. Only one of the two has regularly said things that line up with what Scott has mentioned.
Old 02-24-2008, 11:12 PM   #96
Gatecrasher
User

Drives: 1994 Stealth R/T Turbo
I'm quite happy taking sides, and even if I wasn't, this statement right here totally destroys his credibility.

Quote:
Contradicting the photo that's right in front of you is not a good way to build credibility. Going on by critiquing the grille just hurts him more.
Old 02-25-2008, 01:59 AM   #97
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
Some quick PS.
Love the site.

GORGEOUS WORK!!! LOVIN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
And he speaks! Now you're making me wonder what's in store for that grill. Maybe a little billet? Naw...too much weight. Maybe a little painted plastic? Mabye something w/ this type of look?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I think that this helps to confirm Camero's place as being who he claims. Anyone else with me on this?
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 05:09 AM   #98
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
After a closer look at the headlights, I do think they are Production model headlights but not for the camaro. The lenses look exactly like the one on the Corvette Just arranged differently. But i did find something in the JC whitney Catalog that may have been used with a little alteration.

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 12-31-2009 at 11:04 AM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote