Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-31-2010, 08:54 PM   #29
bmclark

Drives: 2016 HBM 1LT Auto V6
.... ok I will stop bitching about my minor orange peel now....

New one: 2016 HBM 1LT Auto V6

Old one: 2013 IOM 1LT Auto w/ 19" Polished Aluminum wheels
2010 Black on Black 1LT Auto w/ Convenience & Connectivity package and Sunroof
1995 Silver V6 5 speed w/ T-Tops, Z28 wheels and Borla Exhaust
bmclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:59 PM   #30
Uncle Harvey

Drives: 2011 2SS RS
I could have done better with a paint roller.

BBB will not help. They are basically worthless. They only put people on a bad list. They do not go after the people who do the bad work. At least that was my experience in Macon, Ga.
Uncle Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 11:48 PM   #31
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Holy bumbling crap Batman! Geico needs to send an adjuster out to take a look see, and it doesn't matter if they let you pick the shop. Geico was making payments for the repairs on your behalf. They alone are responsible for having your car put back in the same condition it was before it was damaged. That is unless they're somehow claiming your a representitive of Geico as any employee by proxy. I would let them know your including them in the law suit....either on your side of the table or the lousy chop shop. In fact they will have to foot the bill for your lawyer. Even if you file a tort claim against Geico.............They are legally required to provide you with legal council if you or your property is harmed and to be there for you, while you're property or person is being made whole in these sorts of matters.......... its time you move on up the corporate Geico ladder while making your demands known. When your finished and the cars fixed.........immediately call Progressive or another Insurance company and change providers before the repairs claims show up in the insurance industries tracking criteria used to set rates.
Caspers2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:04 AM   #32
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Harvey View Post
I could have done better with a paint roller.

BBB will not help. They are basically worthless. They only put people on a bad list. They do not go after the people who do the bad work. At least that was my experience in Macon, Ga.
The BBB will protect any member company first whose paying hundreds of dollars of annual dues and plasters a BBB plaque with yearly stickers on the wall of their business. These dues are used to pay the salaries of the BBB administrators and employees and in the current economy they need the revenue stream more than ever. They do not mediate of advocate for consumers rights being protected as one might be lead to believe. They only ask business members abide by the rules of the consumer game.....Its entirely up to the individual businesses to practice in honest and ethical fashions. The BBB folks are powerless to require a business make a customer happy..........whether or not the business is a member or not. The BBB is not a government agency and can not fine bad businesses. Your best step in resolving the issue if Geico buries it head in the sand, is call your States Consumer Protection Agency..........aka Attorney Generals Office. You can find those contacts by looking them up on the world wide web. These folks do work for you and can investigate, fine as well provide any consumer the particular details of any previous issues regarding any business located or licensed to conduct business in the state you live in.
Caspers2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 06:29 AM   #33
x626xBlack
ARMY of one.

Drives: 2011 Black SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dack View Post
Well it wasn't a 7th grader (I graduated '07, that's what I meant, should have specified) but I'm about to kick someone's ass for this terrible *@#^ing paint job. Especially after the shop owner sat there with his arms crossed and told me "I don't think it's as bad as you think it is Matt". Don't tell me what I think is wrong you bastard, you messed it up in the first place.
Even better. The judge will be a little more lenient! lol
x626xBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 06:39 AM   #34
x626xBlack
ARMY of one.

Drives: 2011 Black SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dack View Post
Well it wasn't a 7th grader (I graduated '07, that's what I meant, should have specified) but I'm about to kick someone's ass for this terrible *@#^ing paint job. Especially after the shop owner sat there with his arms crossed and told me "I don't think it's as bad as you think it is Matt". Don't tell me what I think is wrong you bastard, you messed it up in the first place.
That right there would have sent me over the edge..... I do not have much of a temper but that would have done me in!
x626xBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 06:46 AM   #35
usa1camaro1969
Back on the dino-juice

Drives: '10 LS + a few more
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudack View Post
Actually if you went through Geico just call them. The stand behind their work 100% and they will either send you to another shop or force the shop you used to fix the issue.
Exactly what I was going to say.
usa1camaro1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 07:20 AM   #36
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryatt-Motion View Post
I have been doing paint and body work since I was 14, and I can honestly say that my work then was not as bad as that garbage. That is a total disgrace, and I am sad to say you are probably goin to have to threaten to sue GEICO.
On what grounds? The body shop you chose to have do your work sucks so they (Geico) should make it all better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspers2SSRS View Post
Holy bumbling crap Batman! Geico needs to send an adjuster out to take a look see, and it doesn't matter if they let you pick the shop. Geico was making payments for the repairs on your behalf. They alone are responsible for having your car put back in the same condition it was before it was damaged. That is unless they're somehow claiming your a representitive of Geico as any employee by proxy. I would let them know your including them in the law suit....either on your side of the table or the lousy chop shop. In fact they will have to foot the bill for your lawyer. Even if you file a tort claim against Geico.............They are legally required to provide you with legal council if you or your property is harmed and to be there for you, while you're property or person is being made whole in these sorts of matters.......... its time you move on up the corporate Geico ladder while making your demands known. When your finished and the cars fixed.........immediately call Progressive or another Insurance company and change providers before the repairs claims show up in the insurance industries tracking criteria used to set rates.
100% incorrect. Once you decline to make arrangements to use one of their "partner" repair facilities, you forfeit the right to make Geico (or any insurance company for that matter) responsible for the outcome. That is the downside to the law that allows you to go to a repair facility of your choice. My uncle is the largest Allstate dealer in the State of Ohio and I have family members who actually work for Geico so I know of what I speak ( for once ). That's not to say that Geico in this case couldn't do the OP a favor and put some heat on the repair facililty; but they are in no way, shape, or form, required to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspers2SSRS View Post
...Your best step in resolving the issue if Geico buries it head in the sand, is call your States Consumer Protection Agency..........aka Attorney Generals Office. You can find those contacts by looking them up on the world wide web. These folks do work for you and can investigate, fine as well provide any consumer the particular details of any previous issues regarding any business located or licensed to conduct business in the state you live in.
Ding Ding Ding We have a winner.

Last edited by trm0002; 09-01-2010 at 07:48 AM.
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 07:32 AM   #37
Silver Ice

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss-rs
Hack
Silver Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 07:37 AM   #38
raqball

Drives: 2010 Camaro
WOW.... I am sorry your car is all messed up.... I agree with previous posters... Report it to the BBB and the State Attorney General....
raqball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:49 AM   #39
phenixdragon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
A lot of shops will warranty their own work. I image you have called them and told them about it?

Geico should still warranty the work also. They may not warranty it at another shop since you picked but they should still warranty it at that shop. I was in a accident a few weeks ago and the guy who caused the accident had All State. They told me if I picked my own shop they will warranty it but only through that shop. If i pick one of their preferred shops, then they will warranty it to any of their preferred shops. Luckily the shop I wanted is on their preferred list.

But all in all, the shop should warranty their own work regardless of insurance.
phenixdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:44 AM   #40
Dack

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Dack
I took it to the shop last night to discuss options for this paint job, and he started out by saying he doesn't know what I want him to do. He asked me "What do you want me to do?" and also "Well I didn't know I was working on a f*cking show car here Matt" and "Well you brought me this $35,000 car" and "I'm only human man, I can't get everything perfect" (what's even more funny is he never touched the car except to buff it) and he also said "well you know this car went out of my shop with some stuff like runs and what not and that's not something I let out of the shop, but I never had a chance to look at it before we rolled it out of the shop". Also "
He started to talk down to me (he's my old man's age, so probably 30+ years on me) and got irritated/pissed off. In turn, I started getting irritated that he couldn't keep his cool and thought he could talk down to me so I started pointing out everything that he never even touched with a little more fervor. And he said "well you know what, just bring he damn thing to me tomorrow, I'll spend all day on it fixing everything that you put on a list and tomorrow after work you can swing by and we'll check off everything on that list and once that's done, we're done". I said yeah well that's all I want. To have everything fixed. He also bitched about how he is only paid two hours to paint the door and other things, which only made him look more like the idiot because he couldn't do it right the first time.
There's a few other good quotes that I got from him last night, I'll post 'em when I think of them.

Another quote I just thought of was the one where he said "well you went over this paint job with a fine tooth comb, did you look that close at the rest of the car?" and I thought to myself "who gives a rats ass what the rest of the car looks like; if it looks bad, that's my beef with GM or my own scratches/etc, but the issue at hand is your sh*tty paint job, not what the rest of my car looks like"

Am I working with stupidity here or what?
Dack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:10 AM   #41
melody301
NY Football Giants YAY!!!

Drives: 2011 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooCool5 View Post
LMAO!!!! HA ha ha ha
Old 09-01-2010, 11:15 AM   #42
soniccj7

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS IBM
I can not believe someone would speak to a customer that way. They should be treating every car they work on like a show car.
soniccj7 is offline   Reply With Quote