Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 01-02-2011, 04:28 PM   #1
Cmicasa the Great XvX
Account Suspended

Drives: 07Taho, 11CamaroRS, 12CTSV Coupe
What Grille is this???

Can some one tell me what kind of Grille this is on the Black car in this pic??? Has anyone installed one... and where do U have pictures of it? Trying to decide between Heritage and something similar to this

Cmicasa the Great XvX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 04:32 PM   #2
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Those phantom grills are illegal in some states for street use. because they are over the headlights. I'd check laws in your area first.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 04:38 PM   #3
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
The Phantom. Here it is in billet so you can see it a little better. We can set you up with either black or billet, just hit me up.

Last edited by Apex Motorsports; 01-02-2011 at 05:15 PM.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 04:47 PM   #4
Taz_FL

Drives: 1LT/RS Yellow/Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmicasa the Great XvX View Post
Can some one tell me what kind of Grille this is on the Black car in this pic??? Has anyone installed one... and where do U have pictures of it? Trying to decide between Heritage and something similar to this

Like midnighter said, that is the phantom grille and yes they are illegal in some states. That said I had one on my lowered 91 chevy astro van for years and never once got a ticket or harrased about it. Actually at night when you've got the headlights on you can't tell any light loss from it and for oncoming cars (such as a police car) they wouldn't be able to tell somethings over the light cause the lights shines through brightly. I would love to put one of these on my car..and eventually probably will.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:09 PM   #5
Cmicasa the Great XvX
Account Suspended

Drives: 07Taho, 11CamaroRS, 12CTSV Coupe
Thanx fellas... after seeing the pic that APEX put up I will probably go with the Heritage
Cmicasa the Great XvX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 05:15 PM   #6
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmicasa the Great XvX View Post
Thanx fellas... after seeing the pic that APEX put up I will probably go with the Heritage
The black looks much better.

Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 06:06 PM   #7
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!

Drives: 2010 CGM
Yeah the black looks SO MUCH better.. the billet looks so stupid imo lol
Old 01-02-2011, 06:20 PM   #8
midnighter
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
The black looks much better.

Question: I really like those black phantom grills but one of the things stopping me from getting it is this; How do I clean the headlights? Does it remove easily or do you just have to live with dirty headlights since you can't get in there and scrub them down?
Old 01-02-2011, 06:33 PM   #9
boltmark
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2 SS/RS IOM Camaro
They are not illegal, the lights shine though without one bit of fade.
boltmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 06:34 PM   #10
boltmark
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2 SS/RS IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
Those phantom grills are illegal in some states for street use. because they are over the headlights. I'd check laws in your area first.

Really? Name one state that these are illegal.
boltmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 06:51 PM   #11
Murph0408

Drives: 2LT Black '10 Camaro, 2000 Durango

Murph0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 06:57 PM   #12
midnighter
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltmark View Post
Really? Name one state that these are illegal.
Here is the one state I'm gonna name for you: California, my friend got popped for a phantom grill on his 1997 gmc sierra. "I rest my case."
Old 01-02-2011, 06:58 PM   #13
acamaro

Drives: Bumblebee
I have a yellow camaro with the black grille on it. I get a lot of compliments on the looks, but if your issue is with cleaning the headlights by scrubbing them, you probably want to stay away. Once the grille is on you will never take it off and the grille completely covers the lights. The good thing is there is no reason to ever need to clean the headlights because you dont see them much unless they are on.

The halo's shine through perfectly without any distortion. I love the grille and you shouldn't worry about cleaning the headlights. I know this is long, but even if you absolutly have to clean the headlights, the grille can be removed pretty easily and installed easily within 15 minutes with two people, maybe 25 minutes by yourself.

hope this helps
acamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 07:04 PM   #14
midnighter
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by acamaro View Post
I have a yellow camaro with the black grille on it. I get a lot of compliments on the looks, but if your issue is with cleaning the headlights by scrubbing them, you probably want to stay away. Once the grille is on you will never take it off and the grille completely covers the lights. The good thing is there is no reason to ever need to clean the headlights because you dont see them much unless they are on.

The halo's shine through perfectly without any distortion. I love the grille and you shouldn't worry about cleaning the headlights. I know this is long, but even if you absolutly have to clean the headlights, the grille can be removed pretty easily and installed easily within 15 minutes with two people, maybe 25 minutes by yourself.

hope this helps

Thanks, but they already made me install front license plates so I don't want them to give me shit for a phantom grill next time. It's not worth it to me.