Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-03-2010, 11:50 AM   #1
Doogal

Drives: 2010 Senergy Green
Running the A/C fogs the windshield

The day we test drove the Camaro it was raining & was warm, it was June in Missouri. Had a heck of time seeing because it was fogging up the windshield on the outside. Complained to salesman & he said we didn't have controls set right. OK could have been since there are way too many confusing ways to control the air.

Since then if you run the A/C on a really hot day it will fog the windshield up on the outside, you have to run the wipers to clear it off. The controlls are NOT set for defrost.

The car doesn't cool down good enuogh for me either, last time I drove it for 20 min & I still was hot. It puts out cold air just doesn't seem like enough.

I think that there is a flapped door that is not closing all the way or is not connected properly.

Has anyone else had this A/C problem??
Doogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 11:56 AM   #2
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
As far as the A/C goes there have been a few people that have taken their camaro back to the dealer to check and be sure their coolant levels were good. Some of these cars escaped the factory with low levels. There has also been some kind of TSB for some of the 2010 models to keep the A/C from freezing up. You may want to look into that.

On my 1LT, I also thought the A/C wasn't that great so I had it checked, and although my levels weren't too low, they did apply the computer update. That seemed to help.

As far as the fogging up issue, I'm not sure I can help you out too much there.

By the way, I'm from Mid-Mo myself...where are you from?
Old 09-03-2010, 11:58 AM   #3
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
The last three weeks here it has been over 100 degree everyday. I don't have any issues with the window fogging up on the outside or cooling the inside of the car. You may want to take yours in and get it checked.

Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 12:13 PM   #4
Doogal

Drives: 2010 Senergy Green
Took it to the dealer & said nothing was wrong just the humidity. Owned a lot of cars & never had one do this. Now my Chevy van will fog the windshield if you run the defrost for a long time like when it is raining that is why I think something is wrong under the dash & putting too much air out the defroster vents & not enough out of the A/C vents.

I am just North of Hannibal in NE MO
Doogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 12:19 PM   #5
mhood
Orange Camaros Rule!

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3 RS IOM
When I get out of my cool car and step into the hot Texas sun...my glasses fog. My windshield never does though.
mhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 01:32 PM   #6
Dack

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Dack
Up in Minnesota it has been humid all summer and my A/C if ran for a long time starts to fog my window slowly... It just creeps right up.
Dack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 02:27 PM   #7
egad09

Drives: 2010 CGM 1SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhood View Post
When I get out of my cool car and step into the hot Texas sun...my glasses fog. My windshield never does though.
So true ... happens to me everyday.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:51 PM   #8
ninety6
2xSOM

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS | 2002 Camaro V6 vrt
yeah, your windshield should only fog on the outside if your are running the defroster and the windshield gets really cold.

with your a/c on and your defroster NOT on, put your hand up on the dash where the vent is -- is there any air coming out? if so, then the flap or motor or whatever changes where the air blows out isn't working right....
ninety6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 05:41 PM   #9
camaro5

Drives: X-15 Velocipede
It's a leaking mode door causing the outside condensation on the windshield.

Either the actuator is out of adjustment, or much more likely, the door is not sealing to the case opening.

Worst part: Entire instrument panel will probably have to be removed to gain proper access.

Oh, how I miss my pos new 1984 Camaro Z28. It leaked, I worked at the dealer and did it myself. Had to add a foam gasket to seal it.
camaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 05:59 PM   #10
Camaro_Custom_Painted
Choke on that causality!

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dack View Post
Up in Minnesota it has been humid all summer and my A/C if ran for a long time starts to fog my window slowly... It just creeps right up.
Mine did that too on a hot & humid day. In fact, it started blowing a fog out the vents at me. I put it on recycled air now, no problems since then.
Camaro_Custom_Painted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 06:19 PM   #11
jrkilburn

Drives: 2LT RS
The A/C thing pissed me off for quite some time, I figured it out...Use no setting other than upper vent and leave recirc on all the time. any other setting will not keep you cool or it will fog the outside of the windsheild.

GM needs to recall the dealer mechanics, they have zero training on the camaro. I took mine in for a oil change and they had to look it up in MY owners manual on how to do it.
jrkilburn is offline   Reply With Quote