Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 06-14-2017, 08:32 PM   #1
JUSTIFIED

Drives: 2015 black Z/28
Things Tesla owners will never experience...

Am seriously tired of the smug attitude of Tesla owners. Several of them in my area and many of them act like tools. Also, they now refer to us as ICE car owners (and not in a nice way) and call gas stations "ancient" and act as if they are single handedly saving the planet. Seriously LOL stuff.

Tesla is built in the USA so am proud of that and have nothing against eco friendly vehicles and the Telsa performance models are kicking ass on just about everything at the strip. They just need to get down off their high horse.

So, since they think we're all a bunch of eco destroying rednecks let's play to the stereotype and think of a a few things that Tesla owners will never experience. Again, it's all in good fun.

A few things they'll never experience....

1) Slack jawed, neck craning from onlookers
2) "Hey mister, can you rev the engine for me?"
3) "Can you pop the hood?"
4) 25 years from now... "man, that was my dream car as a kid"
5) Damn it, almost out of gas (said it was all in good fun so we can make fun of ourselves too....)
Old 06-14-2017, 09:23 PM   #2
Mikebrinda

Drives: Ferrari F430 Spider F1 Azzurro Arge
Not likely, Tesla . . . .
Attached Images

Mikebrinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 11:40 PM   #3
macalot

Drives: 1969 Z/28 + 2015 Z/28
6) I heard you coming a mile away, sounds like she is running great!
Old 06-15-2017, 06:14 AM   #4
1970judge

Drives: 2015 Z/28, 2007 HHR
Most Tesla owners have become Exotic car owners, and here is what I mean. At the F-body meet this past weekend as I am walking around snapping photos of my favorite cars, I see a Tesla tucked up under a tree. I am snapping a photo of a pretty rare Sport Gold Metallic WS6, and some younger guy (assume the owner since he was near it) say "That Tesla is the most expensive car here".

I am here to enjoy my time among fellow Camaro (and firebird) enthusiasts but I am sure this was audible enough for him to hear and my first reaction to say was 'no its not'. I would guess the Original 69 Z/28 X-ram car parked up front would fetch more than this Tesla..but thats just me.

Seriously, who does that? My car is better because it cost more. Oh, I know who, exotic car owners.

Disclaimer: we have some awesome people here, who also own exotics..you guys arent the guys I am talking about. I am talking about the dudes who bought an Exotic car to say "yeah my Ferrari is better than everything, ever because its a Ferrari"
1970judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 07:00 AM   #5
riozlander
that guy <--------

Drives: 2012 camaro V6 LS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970judge View Post
Most Tesla owners have become Exotic car owners, and here is what I mean. At the F-body meet this past weekend as I am walking around snapping photos of my favorite cars, I see a Tesla tucked up under a tree. I am snapping a photo of a pretty rare Sport Gold Metallic WS6, and some younger guy (assume the owner since he was near it) say "That Tesla is the most expensive car here".

I am here to enjoy my time among fellow Camaro (and firebird) enthusiasts but I am sure this was audible enough for him to hear and my first reaction to say was 'no its not'. I would guess the Original 69 Z/28 X-ram car parked up front would fetch more than this Tesla..but thats just me.

Seriously, who does that? My car is better because it cost more. Oh, I know who, exotic car owners.

Disclaimer: we have some awesome people here, who also own exotics..you guys arent the guys I am talking about. I am talking about the dudes who bought an Exotic car to say "yeah my Ferrari is better than everything, ever because its a Ferrari"
to 80% of the Ferrari owners who act like this I normally say to them that's a wonderful fiat you got there. and if there happened to be a fiat abarth 595 I talk about how adorable it would look next to there car like twins
to dacuati owners I ask how there audi is doing. to bently owners I tell them they have a beautiful VW etc etc. its funny when you know who owns who chop them exotic owners down to size who have that attitude.

as for tesla. owners what they will never experience the true joy of being able to work on there own car because its to high tec for them to understand. my other favorite I have seen 2 people do this run low on battery and ask people at the gas station where the fill opening is for the gas tank... so common sense is one thing they lack as well (clue they must of owned a prius or other hybrid gas electric)

going on a long road trip is another.
unless they bring a gas generator lol

the joy of owning something that does not look like a refrigerator from the future
riozlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 09:40 AM   #6
rcandiloro

Drives: 2018 ZLE
I had a Tesla guy a few weeks ago pull alongside me and then take off........clearly trying to impress. I thought it was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen. No doubt they are quicker than just about anything, but something about it just made me think "Does this guy think that I think he's cool? Like I was going to say 'Wow, look how fast that thing is, awesome!'" What made it laughable was the lack of sound.....it just struck me as funny. I caught up and was laughing, shaking my head. Anyhow, I'm not trying to totally dis Teslas, they are really amazing in a lot of ways, but I have ZERO, and I mean ZERO desire to have one. No soul, skinny wimpy tires.......lets see how they do going through more than three corners.....their brakes would be on fire. If there's arrogance associated with their cars I just don't get it. Super quick acceleration, I give them that, but I don't care about that.....just me. Some folks do and good for them. If that's the case then I'd be getting a Dodge Demon......crazy quick and LOTS of soul! Not a Tesla fan......
rcandiloro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 09:50 AM   #7
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Drives: Looking for a ZL1
And...

*The lopey exhaust sound of an LS7 with open exhaust valves
*The screaming sound of an LS7 at 7 grand.
*Some youngster saying 'I want to get a model of THAT car!' (Just heard that at Cars and Coffee)
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805 - SOLD
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 12:05 PM   #8
jjgi5150

Drives: 2022 ZL1 1LE
Hi all,

I'm 64, and rather old school about our Z/28's. I love it more than any other car I've owned. I get a real kick out of the looks and comments our cars bring about. I can't even gas it at a station without a lot of looks and/or questions.

I live in SoCal, near a very wealthy retirement area. I mostly see the drivers of Tesla's as being older than me, usually very wealthy types...whom I suspect of being the types who would be wearing Birkenstock sandals and towing a tree they want to hug while driving their Teslas!!!!!

I am glad to see the Tesla as being an American made vehicle, and hope it continues to do well and further electric vehicle technology...that will probably someday be all there is for vehicles.

However, as already said...it seems to be a vehicle that has no soul, and certainly does not draw much in the way of attention compared to our Z's, or Vettes, or GT350R's.

I love the fact that they made so few of our Z's overall. Even with an up and down market, and with the higher number of new ZL-1s being made, I feel confident our cars will only rise in value in the future. They were/are a real pioneering performance car.

I sure plan on holding onto mine!

Take care,

JJ
2023 Hyundai SF Calligraphy
jjgi5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 02:33 PM   #9
Stubbsy

Drives: 2012 2SS RS
I stayed at a nice hotel on the weekend and could not find a vacant parking space, there were 3 vacant Tesla charging station parks. So I parked my truck and stuck the charge plug in my fuel door and walked away
Attached Images

Stubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 03:19 PM   #10
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Lol
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 03:37 PM   #11
1970judge

Drives: 2015 Z/28, 2007 HHR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbsy View Post
I stayed at a nice hotel on the weekend and could not find a vacant parking space, there were 3 vacant Tesla charging station parks. So I parked my truck and stuck the charge plug in my fuel door and walked away
Post of the day right there!
1970judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 03:43 PM   #12
Dezines
Youtube Content Creator

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbsy View Post
So you took an item that creates a spark and stuck it near your fuel tank...
Mods
  • Vararam Ram Air Intake
  • DNA Motoring Long Tube Headers w/ Cat Delete
  • Dynomax Race Bullet Mufflers
  • Sequential Tail Lamps
  • Custom Ghost Flame and Matte black Graphics Package
  • Phantom Billet Grill
  • DRL Delete
Build Thread: https://goo.gl/qnNgCz
Youtube Channel: http://sub.gregorysalvatore.com
Dezines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 03:49 PM   #13
Dezines
Youtube Content Creator

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Tesla owners will never get their date excited from the rumble and vibration of the engine.

Tesla owners will never be able to play pit stop at the gas station and see how fast they can get back on the road (because that time display on the GPS is not time of arrival... It's time to beat!)

Tesla owners will never be able to roll up to a stop light and ask for a race without saying a word.
Mods
  • Vararam Ram Air Intake
  • DNA Motoring Long Tube Headers w/ Cat Delete
  • Dynomax Race Bullet Mufflers
  • Sequential Tail Lamps
  • Custom Ghost Flame and Matte black Graphics Package
  • Phantom Billet Grill
  • DRL Delete
Build Thread: https://goo.gl/qnNgCz
Youtube Channel: http://sub.gregorysalvatore.com
Dezines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 04:08 PM   #14
KenKat

Drives: 2014 2LT RS Summit White
Tesla gas station:

Seriously, where do you think the electric comes from - probably not a windmill...
KenKat is offline   Reply With Quote