Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-15-2009, 11:48 AM   #15
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
If she is serious and is talking smack with a V6 then she is not even worth the time of day. What a tool.

You're right. And like I said. It's only bothering me because it reminds me about my issue.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:21 PM   #16
PQ
Booooosted.

Soooooooo. It seems that the video evidence was good after all.

Scotts first videos.

And the latest. Nuff said.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:49 PM   #17
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post

You're right. And like I said. It's only bothering me because it reminds me about my issue.

So when's GM putting that magic fuel in your car?
That 93 octane gas some how raised his shift points?

If you look at the first video, his car shifted early (lower rpm) from 1-2 gear. Many of us mentioned that back when we first watched the video. Now his car is shifting at a higher rpms on the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts.

My guess is GM did adjust several things on his car and they want to keep it hush hush.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 02:59 PM   #18
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGOS252382 View Post
So when's GM putting that magic fuel in your car?
That 93 octane gas some how raised his shift points?

If you look at the first video, his car shifted early (lower rpm) from 1-2 gear. Many of us mentioned that back when we first watched the video. Now his car is shifting at a higher rpms on the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts.

My guess is GM did adjust several things on his car and they want to keep it hush hush.
I'm seeing the same RPMs on all of them.
Old 08-15-2009, 03:00 PM   #19
PQ
Booooosted.

BTW, anyone see that new GI Joe movie?

I got Scott on the phone and he's telling me to stop jacking his thread.
Old 08-15-2009, 03:25 PM   #20
SGOS252382

Quote:
I'm seeing the same RPMs on all of them.
You need to go back and closely watch the first video and then the third video. In the first video, the 1-2 shift is noticeably earlier (lower rpm) than in the 3rd video.

I would say maybe 5500 rpms or so in the first clip and 5800 rpms in the third video.
Old 08-15-2009, 04:50 PM   #21
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGOS252382 View Post
You need to go back and closely watch the first video and then the third video. In the first video, the 1-2 shift is noticeably earlier (lower rpm) than in the 3rd video.

I would say maybe 5500 rpms or so in the first clip and 5800 rpms in the third video.
But there is defifitely a difference in the 0-60.

And I don't think that 300 rpm shift would be the difference in a full second.

Last edited by PQ; 08-15-2009 at 05:03 PM.
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 05:10 PM   #22
SGOS252382

Quote:
But there is defifitely a difference in the 0-60.

And I don't think that 300 rpm shift would be the difference in a full second.
No not all by itself, but it shows that there's probably more going on than just higher octane gas. GM has definately done some tweaking to his car's tuning.
His car now shifts were it should (5800 rpms). Before it was shifting too early.
Old 08-16-2009, 01:53 PM   #23
PQ
Booooosted.

I was beat lastnite by a new Mustang GT. This guy was a cocky prick. I went to pick up my daughter and her freind from the movies and on the way this guy kept 'playing' with me. Begging me to race. I thought I knew better than to race as slow as my car is but got pissed at the last light. Those two guys were laughing there asses off. (that's right, 2 guys in his car) The last light was actually an entrace to a highway and wide open so when the light turned green I punched it. Got a little better jump than them but .

I only went to about 70 mph. Speed limit is 65, and would have went even farther but what was the point. They were WELL out in front. This car is freaking slow and I'm disgusted. Maybe it gets fixed and gets fast but in the mean time the first 3 months with my car have been a disapointment. And this incident really stung.

It goes in the shop Tuesday for the TAC stuff and to fix the Tachometer. I don't want it back until it's fixed. I wish there were a way to have ALL of you guys drive this Fing thing. You'de see what I'm talking about.

Tired of the jokes. Tired of the tests. Tired of the questions. Tired of explaining the issue. Tired of people doubting it. Just about tired of the car.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:48 PM   #24
rpepka

Drives: 2013 ZL1 # 2195
I felt the same way!
rpepka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 07:15 PM   #25
jhmurphy

Drives: Grey Beast
Quote:
I was beat lastnite by a new Mustang GT. This guy was a cocky prick. I went to pick up my daughter and her freind from the movies and on the way this guy kept 'playing' with me. Begging me to race. I thought I knew better than to race as slow as my car is but got pissed at the last light. Those two guys were laughing there asses off. (that's right, 2 guys in his car) The last light was actually an entrace to a highway and wide open so when the light turned green I punched it. Got a little better jump than them but .

I only went to about 70 mph. Speed limit is 65, and would have went even farther but what was the point. They were WELL out in front. This car is freaking slow and I'm disgusted. Maybe it gets fixed and gets fast but in the mean time the first 3 months with my car have been a disapointment. And this incident really stung.

It goes in the shop Tuesday for the TAC stuff and to fix the Tachometer. I don't want it back until it's fixed. I wish there were a way to have ALL of you guys drive this Fing thing. You'de see what I'm talking about.

Tired of the jokes. Tired of the tests. Tired of the questions. Tired of explaining the issue. Tired of people doubting it. Just about tired of the car.

I can completely relate to your situation. My car (2SS/RS A6) dynoed at 297 hp on its best run the other day. I just got through doing some 0-60 runs with the car and here are the results

Traction control off

Traction control on (thought I would see if it made any difference)

That pretty much sums it up.
I have an appointment with my dealer tomorrow to get them to look at the car.

Last edited by jhmurphy; 08-16-2009 at 07:47 PM.
jhmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 04:19 PM   #26
redjewel

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RJT
Quote:

Had a guy in an SRT8 jeep playing with me yesterday. I knew better and didn't play back because I was afraid he would take me. I aint playin until my car is like Scott's and repeka's new one. I am not going to be the guy with the slow RJT SS. I would rather just be known ass the guy who won't race. GM give us what you gave Scott so we are not embarrased to be driving these wonderful Camaros.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:03 PM   #27
SGOS252382

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhmurphy View Post
I can completely relate to your situation. My car (2SS/RS A6) dynoed at 297 hp on its best run the other day. I just got through doing some 0-60 runs with the car and here are the results

Traction control off

Traction control on (thought I would see if it made any difference)

That pretty much sums it up.
I have an appointment with my dealer tomorrow to get them to look at the car.

Wow, I thought Scott's car was the only one running that slow. You definately need some of that magically GM high octane gas they gave Scott.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:16 PM   #28
vinyljunkie
SoCal C5 Family Member

I have a 2ss/rs m6. I know that the people who talk the most are pretty much immature blowjobs and kill the drag/racing world. no need for d-bags here.

Doesnt the A6 paddle shift have paddle shift? And dont let it get to you .... maybe thats why shes all up in you or maybe she likes you.... then have your girl kill her with her IS but on a track
vinyljunkie is offline   Reply With Quote