Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 11-30-2009, 04:59 PM   #1
wlivingston04

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
GMMusicConnect Question

Can someone please help me figure this out because it has been irking me for the last week and half....

ON my iphone 3gs, I accidentaly selected "forget this device" for the phone to pair with the "GMMUSICCONNECT".....now I have no idea how to get this access point to show up on my phone again so that I can stream music...

I have tried restarting my phone and even resetting the darn thing (holding the home botton and on/off button for 10 seconds.....

Somebody plz help

wlivingston04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:18 PM   #2
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Just re-pair it like it was never connected (instructions are in manual as to how to pair it).
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:16 PM   #3
glambert1
HOMER

Drives: 2010 camaro 2LT RS SIM
did you try turning bluetooth off and on again on your phone
Old 11-30-2009, 06:22 PM   #4
glambert1
HOMER

Drives: 2010 camaro 2LT RS SIM
nevermind you just go to settings and then reset at the bottom and press reset network settings hope that works you may have to reset the bluetooth settings on the car as well in the bluetooth menu (pair phone)

Last edited by glambert1; 11-30-2009 at 06:43 PM.
glambert1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:20 PM   #5
Schuby
Vroooom!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Just so everyone knows:

GMMusicConnect is the Bliuetooth AD2P streaming to allow you to play music from your iPhone to your car stereo.

GeneralMotors is the Bluetooth headset profile that connects to your OnStar module.
Schuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:02 AM   #6
codeman71
GM Employee

Drives: 2006 Pontiac G6
You will need to repair it with the vehicle in order to get it to show up again. It is a little tricky to get into the menu, but hopefully it's easy to do once you're in there. Press the CD/AUX button until you get to the Aux Jack Out (or In) screen and press the Menu button. Then select Add New Device and go through the instructions.

Check out my videos on YouTube here. Let me know if you'd like to see any other type of video.
codeman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:53 AM   #7
wlivingston04

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by glambert1 View Post
nevermind you just go to settings and then reset at the bottom and press reset network settings hope that works you may have to reset the bluetooth settings on the car as well in the bluetooth menu (pair phone)
Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman71 View Post
You will need to repair it with the vehicle in order to get it to show up again. It is a little tricky to get into the menu, but hopefully it's easy to do once you're in there. Press the CD/AUX button until you get to the Aux Jack Out (or In) screen and press the Menu button. Then select Add New Device and go through the instructions.
Thanks guys for this information. I ended up reseting the networks settings on my phone first which put everything back to the original. Then went in through the CD/AUX and hit menu for the car to re-setup the GMusicConnect...

Awesome advice, i love this forum!

wlivingston04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:47 AM   #8
jcamere94z28

Drives: None
Quote:
finally.. lol.. I was looking for this all over the place... CODEMAN71.... you rock.. once again.
jcamere94z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 10:50 AM   #9
wjmeyer

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS, 2LT
gmmusicconnect tip

For those of you that pair both the phone and gmmusicconnect via bluetooth, I discovered that you need to press "Your Vehicle" and choose "disconnect your vehicle (or phone, can't remember)" before the bluetooth connection to gmusicconnect will play music thru the AUX input. It's a learning process!

Last edited by wjmeyer; 10-23-2010 at 11:19 AM.
wjmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 08:55 PM   #10
ckaram

Drives: 2011 2SS RS, 1968 ragtop
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjmeyer View Post
For those of you that pair both the phone and gmmusicconnect via bluetooth, I discovered that you need to press "Your Vehicle" and choose "disconnect your vehicle (or phone, can't remember)" before the bluetooth connection to gmusicconnect will play music thru the AUX input. It's a learning process!
Not sure I'm following you completely, but I don't have to do this. Just have to do what Codeman says above to connect (Aux, menu, etc.). Bluetooth for the phone stays active even when playing GMmusicconnect.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:40 AM   #11
Fidgit

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, Black-on-Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckaram View Post
Not sure I'm following you completely, but I don't have to do this. Just have to do what Codeman says above to connect (Aux, menu, etc.). Bluetooth for the phone stays active even when playing GMmusicconnect.
Yea my blackberry works like that too. If my wife or a friend connects their phone to the bluetooth, then the next time I get in the car I have to re-select my phone for the musicconnect, but otherwise it just pairs itself automatically, everytime I get in the car.

The gmmusicconnect is a great feature, IMO. It might take a minute to figure it out, but well worth the effort.
Fidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 12:50 PM   #12
Partick

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Just tried and it worked like a charm, Thanks Codeman, no more usb cable!!!!!!
Partick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:28 PM   #13
overhaulengines

Drives: Red 2SS/RS M6
gmusicconnect instructions

Quote:
just got the iphone4 with ios4.1, was trying to figure this out, your instructions worked like a charm,

thanks

Lupe
overhaulengines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:48 PM   #14
sstphoenix

Drives: Black 2LT RS 5th gen
Im still trying to figure this whole gmmusiconnect out.

2 people i know bought the iphone 4g, both phones do not connect successfully to the music bluetooth.
it connects for a split second before disconnecting.

Does anyone else have this problem with the iphone 4?
sstphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote