Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 05-01-2013, 06:12 PM   #15
tr1gger
Built 4/23/09

Drives: 2010 Black 1LT
Wow...I always cringe when someone gets in our out next to me while I am sitting there. How exactly did you handle it??

Also, I am happy its getting fixed for you!

Blu808, Campbell, CA 408.376.0560
tr1gger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:39 PM   #16
NFRNOSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 IOM
Wtf! That's a crazy ding. I park so far from everyone, and I've still managed to pick up 2 or 3 dings on my passenger door. :-(
NFRNOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:17 PM   #17
Matster

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM/IOM #3625
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon22 View Post
Believe it or not, it was a 2001 Mazda Protege! I was shocked when I saw the damage too. I had to take a double look at his car!
Geeez Tom, when he started opening his door did you hear him say HULK SMASH!

416 Forged Stroker, E-Force Supercharger, Blower Cam, Rotofab CAI, Stainless Works 2" LT Headers and 3" Exhaust, LPE ZR1 Twin Disc Clutch, DSS 1400 HP Axles, Pfadt Performance Kit Stage 3.
Matster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:25 PM   #18
CanadianZL1#992
ANGRY Z

Drives: 2015 Camaro ZL1
That sucks man. Had a ws6 T/A in the 90's and had the same thing happen in a parking lot, the woman got out of her mini van, licked her finger and rubbed the dent in my car. Hoping it would make it better I guess then proceeded to walk away, not seeing me in the car. When I confronted her she argued with me until I made her open her door and show her they lined up perfectly LOL. Her insurance covered it but it was still a piss off!
CanadianZL1#992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:44 PM   #19
CDN SS
Steve from Canada.

Drives: 2010 SW SS/RS with Inferno package.
I'm so paranoid about door dings I won't drive my Camaro anywhere I might have to park near other cars, I take me wife's car instead if possible. The car has been out of storage for one month and I've driven it less than 400 KMs.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:41 PM   #20
TomF1

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
I'm careful about where I park, but I try not to be too paranoid about it.
I had a ding like that in my MonteSS last year, almost same story, I was in the car. I got her name, number, license plate, but when my insurance agent called she tried to deny it.
Her insurance paid the whole thing.
But after 3 trips to the body shop, I gave up, lights on the window and lock switches still don't work
TomF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:20 PM   #21
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
That sucks man. I managed to keep Pumpkin door ding free, it's a chore .
Old 05-02-2013, 12:53 AM   #22
dragon22

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjrracing97 View Post
Holy Cow Tom!!!!!! that is one friggin big door ding. I'm surprised you didn't ding him if you know what I mean.
As he started to walk away, hoping I wouldn't say anything, I kinda yanked him off his feet. After that he was very "passive". LOL
dragon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:55 AM   #23
dragon22

Quote:
Originally Posted by fshog View Post
Wow, that's almost a crease too! Nasty, well good side is you were there and able to get it fixed right away. I just shudder when I see these....I have the habit of checking my car every time I get in to leave a parking lot.
You know what gets me John? Most, if not all, of us try to park away from everyone to prevent this from happening. Then some dork has to pull in right beside us and roll the dice. I just don't get it.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:56 AM   #24
dragon22

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr1gger View Post
Wow...I always cringe when someone gets in our out next to me while I am sitting there. How exactly did you handle it??

Also, I am happy its getting fixed for you!
The air was quite blue when I got out of the car, then I saw the damage and the air really clouded over! LOL When he tried to walk away, I pulled him off his feet by the scruff of his collar and said he was going to pay for it.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:57 AM   #25
dragon22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matster View Post
Geeez Tom, when he started opening his door did you hear him say HULK SMASH!
LOL LOL

Matt, that is funny, I have to admit! When his door hit me, Matt, it was so hard, I thought someone had driven into me. If I hadn't experienced it, I would never have believed that a little car like that could do so much damage with it's door.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:02 AM   #26
dragon22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianZL1#992 View Post
That sucks man. Had a ws6 T/A in the 90's and had the same thing happen in a parking lot, the woman got out of her mini van, licked her finger and rubbed the dent in my car. Hoping it would make it better I guess then proceeded to walk away, not seeing me in the car. When I confronted her she argued with me until I made her open her door and show her they lined up perfectly LOL. Her insurance covered it but it was still a piss off!
Aren't people hilarious? It's like if they dent your car, then ignore it, it will go away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN SS View Post
I'm so paranoid about door dings I won't drive my Camaro anywhere I might have to park near other cars, I take me wife's car instead if possible. The car has been out of storage for one month and I've driven it less than 400 KMs.
This is the first time ever since I bought the car. And he made it a gooder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomF1 View Post
I'm careful about where I park, but I try not to be too paranoid about it.
I had a ding like that in my MonteSS last year, almost same story, I was in the car. I got her name, number, license plate, but when my insurance agent called she tried to deny it.
Her insurance paid the whole thing.
But after 3 trips to the body shop, I gave up, lights on the window and lock switches still don't work
I asked my insurance company what would happen if he denied it and they said he would be foolish to deny it since he gave me all his information. She had dealt with that particular company before and said it was a good thing it was them because they don't fool around. They just pay and go after their insured. And I sure hope I don't have that problem with lights and window leaks. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc View Post
That sucks man. I managed to keep Pumpkin door ding free, it's a chore .
Brian, it is a chore. I'm just glad I was in the car when he did it.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:06 AM   #27
Matster

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM/IOM #3625
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon22 View Post
LOL LOL

Matt, that is funny, I have to admit! When his door hit me, Matt, it was so hard, I thought someone had driven into me. If I hadn't experienced it, I would never have believed that a little car like that could do so much damage with it's door.
I'm betting Tom that this isn't the first time he's done this...just the first time he's got caught.

416 Forged Stroker, E-Force Supercharger, Blower Cam, Rotofab CAI, Stainless Works 2" LT Headers and 3" Exhaust, LPE ZR1 Twin Disc Clutch, DSS 1400 HP Axles, Pfadt Performance Kit Stage 3.
Matster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:39 AM   #28
smarbrit

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM
Wow Tom, that is really ugly!! Lucky you caught the guy and I agree with others comments that he's probably made a habit of not paying attention to other peoples vehicles and done it before. That almost sounds like he hit it that hard intentionally.

Glad she's getting fixed up! I had hail damage in the creases/ridges of my car and you can't tell, hopefully your body shop will be able to do the same.
smarbrit is offline   Reply With Quote