Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 06-28-2010, 07:50 AM   #1
LostInMoscow
Exiled Speed Junkie

Drives: None
Plymouth Prowler

Anyone ever seen a blown Plymouth Prowler or some other kind of hot rodded version? I've always like that car, but it came with that wimpy V6, so I never took it serious. But I'm thinking it would be a fun weekend car if it was modded with a blower. I noticed a lot of articles on nitrous oxide systems for them, but I don't see where there are too many superchargers set up for them. Anyone got any info on the Prowler mods?
Old 06-28-2010, 10:41 AM   #2
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
might want to check these sites:
http://www.prowleronline.com/
http://www.prowltalk.com/vbforums/index.php
http://www.prowlerforum.com/

No idea what any of them are like (just the first few from google search) but odds are they have what you're looking for.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 05:41 AM   #3
LostInMoscow
Exiled Speed Junkie

Thanks! I looked them over. Seems like these guys are trying to polish a turd to me! There's not enough room in that car to do anything right apparently, well at least not for reasonable money. No wonder you rarely see anything but stock Prowlers. :(
Old 06-29-2010, 07:41 AM   #4
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
as rare as they are, it's almost better to keep it stock and just have a collector's car. There's a guy here that has a ton of cars including an actual race porsche from the 70's, a prowler, a diablo VT and some others that he brings to santana row. his prowler is stock and that's the way he likes it.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:19 AM   #5
LostInMoscow
Exiled Speed Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
as rare as they are, it's almost better to keep it stock and just have a collector's car. There's a guy here that has a ton of cars including an actual race porsche from the 70's, a prowler, a diablo VT and some others that he brings to santana row. his prowler is stock and that's the way he likes it.
You are probably right, but what fun would it be to prowl around in a 225 hp hot rod? I saw a few decent ones for sale for less than $20K. It might be a decent investment for a toy? It probably wouldn't lose much value anyway.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:39 AM   #6
aston70

Drives: Me Nutz!! Arrrrgh...
This one was my brother's. The thing I liked the best was the front bumper delete. I forget who makes the bracket covers, but they look better than those front bumpers. It's a pretty quick little car seeing how light it is, but it could use a little more. They also made a concept called the Howler with a V8. Never made it to production as far as I know.

http://www.prowleronline.com/scrapbo...pview.php?id=8
aston70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:57 AM   #7
1bad65
Banned

Drives: 2007 Mustang GT
I met a guy with one who had increased it's performance. He put a CAI and tune on the engine and 3.73 gears in it. He said that it has pretty good pick up now. Remember, those cars are extremely light.
1bad65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 10:00 AM   #8
mth35115

Drives: 2010 Camaro rs/ss inferno orange
On American Chopper Paul Jr. put NOS on his.

HOT ROD SS
MTH35115
mth35115 is offline   Reply With Quote