Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 11-14-2013, 07:32 PM   #1
seminolejon

Drives: 2011 2LS V6
Very unhappy with my Camaro right now

For the second time in 6 months my car had to be towed to the dealership. At a stop light it started running really rough, the engine light came on, the DIC read "! Reduced Engine Power", and there was a strong smell of gasoline. I tried to drive forward a bit but car wouldn't go more than about 5 mph. Dealership told me blown fuel filter or gasket or something like that.
Will try to get full story tomorrow. Service guy didn't really want to say much on the phone, he did say that "sometimes things just happen". That didn't sit too well with me at 27k miles and still owe $10k on it.

Anyone else hear of anything like this?
seminolejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:36 PM   #2
mat300z
Emerald Coast Camaro's

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by seminolejon View Post
For the second time in 6 months my car had to be towed to the dealership. At a stop light it started running really rough, the engine light came on, the DIC read "! Reduced Engine Power", and there was a strong smell of gasoline. I tried to drive forward a bit but car wouldn't go more than about 5 mph. Dealership told me blown fuel filter or gasket or something like that.
Will try to get full story tomorrow. Service guy didn't really want to say much on the phone, he did say that "sometimes things just happen". That didn't sit too well with me at 27k miles and still owe $10k on it.

fuel line came off the filter maybe
mat300z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:39 PM   #3
tmcclint

Drives: 2014 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE
Man that sucks... keep us posted on what the cause was. Definitely not cool!
Old 11-14-2013, 07:40 PM   #4
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70

might try looking around in this section
Old 11-14-2013, 07:56 PM   #5
omgitsmikeyC

Drives: 2014 CTS-V- totalled/ 45TH ss- SOLD
Any mods to the car? sound like the same thing a buddy had happen when his oxygen sensor crapped out after headers install. The fuel smell was because it went super rich because the fuel air ratio went to crap without the o2 working.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:58 PM   #6
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
I had the exact same thing happen on my 2012 1LT when I was on a trip. I limped into a local dealership and the had me out of there in about an hour. It was some sort of known sensor problem somewhere in the fuel system. The service guy seemed to know just what the problem was as I described it to him. Sorry I can't recall the exact name of the problem.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:16 PM   #7
AdamEL
Adam E. Lucchesi

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS LS3 VR
Send a message via AIM to AdamEL
Whoa, that sucks... I'm sure they'll get you all fixed up.
AdamEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:29 PM   #8
SnoopyAce7
(ʘ‿ʘ)

Drives: The one with a roof rack
I remember there were a couple V6's on here that went into "Limp Mode". I forget what they said caused it but I'll try to find the thread.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:51 PM   #9
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:

It happen to me at about 2 weeks into ownership , called OnStar ,was told to turn the engine off , then restart it , and that the light would stay on but was good to drive , and that after ( I think ) 2 cold start it would go away

And it did

A couple weeks after , it happen again , called them back , advised to take it to the dealer for service , two sensors where not (talking to each other )
Never happen again
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 10:01 PM   #10
Aubrey64

Drives: 2010 Camaro LLT/RS
That really sucks. Keep us posted
Old 11-14-2013, 10:33 PM   #11
gutterball

Drives: 2014 1LS M6 Supercharged
Send a message via AIM to gutterball
That happened to me when I accidentally put in it wrong gear. Limping towards the dealer, it cleared itself after about 10 mins of driving.
gutterball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 07:28 PM   #12
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Hello Seminolejon,

I understand why you would be concerned over this issue you are experiencing. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused to you. If you would like us to look into this further private message us your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and involved dealership.

We look forward to hearing from you,

Jonathan A. (Assisting William)
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 07:35 PM   #13
Dyk-NO
Trust me I'm a Scientist.

Drives: My wifey ;P
Quote:

This happened to me a year ago, worst is that my car just shutdowns on turning. Really scares me, as it happens a lot and there's a lot of blaming me from my dealer for what had happened until a service rep from here helped out and called my dealer personally to take my car in to get it serviced. I literally left my car at their lot and called the bank that I'm not continuing payment for a lemon and told the dealership the same thing. But they eventually serviced my car and they found that it's a busted wiring in the steering column that causes the cel and the engine power loss,

I've seen this happen to a lot of forum members and I think this should be addressed in a larger scale.

Mods: RotoFab CAI, SW Headers, HiFlo Cats, Borla Atak Catback, Nightfury Cam, Ported Heads,Intake,TB, melling pump, Morosso Oil Separator.
Dyk-NO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:40 AM   #14
seminolejon

Drives: 2011 2LS V6
Official description on invoice:

"L RAIL PRESSURE DROPPING IMMEDIATELY AFTER ENGINE SHUT OFF. CYLINDER 5 INJECTOR STUCK OPEN. REMOVED UPPER PLENUM. REMOVED HIGH PRESSURE LINE, FUEL RAIL AND 3 INJECTORS."

"REPLACED CYLINDER 5 INJECTOR AND INSTALLED NEW SEALS ON OTHER 2 INJECTORS. REINSTALLED FUEL RAIL. INSTALLED NEW FUEL LINE AND NEW UPPER PLENUM GASKET. PERFORMED LOF. CLEARED AND TEST DROVE. SYSTEM OPERATING AS DESIGNED".

So car drives great now. Still not happy that it has been towed twice since i've owned it. Slightly embarrassing.
seminolejon is offline   Reply With Quote