Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-11-2008, 04:07 PM   #1
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Any GM parts guys out there yet?

I was wondering if there were any GM parts guys out there on here. I'm interested in learning if GM has part numbers for LS9 and LSA superchargers yet, along with the rest of the ancillary components, like the fuel pumps, injectors (well, that may come on the supercharger itself), etc. Remembering looking up related parts in the past, sometimes it seemed like piecing together a kit from the GM parts catalog for that particular car was pretty cost effective, and you know that everything will match-up well. I just wonder if it may be cheaper than aftermarket kits (I know there probably isn't a kit, but just interested in extrapolating pricing).

Thanks!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 04:52 PM   #2
City Chevrolet
Chevrolet Sales

Drives: Grocery Getter
For the LS9 supercharger alone it is about $2800.00 and yes, there are many other parts as it does not come in a kit. The Supercharger part number is 12625144 and it is not a listed price at this time nor would your standard GM parts guy know this info. . man I am special, yes? No?

OMG I HAD AN ANSWER!!!!
City Chevrolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 06:12 PM   #3
City Chevrolet
Chevrolet Sales

Drives: Grocery Getter
You could always wait until the 3rd quarter by the way....

http://www.motorator.com/blog/gm/ls9-crate-engine
City Chevrolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:23 PM   #4
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
^ At 20K+ Plus all the required fabrication, that may be a bit spensive.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:28 PM   #5
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
I was wondering if there were any GM parts guys out there on here. I'm interested in learning if GM has part numbers for LS9 and LSA superchargers yet, along with the rest of the ancillary components, like the fuel pumps, injectors (well, that may come on the supercharger itself), etc. Remembering looking up related parts in the past, sometimes it seemed like piecing together a kit from the GM parts catalog for that particular car was pretty cost effective, and you know that everything will match-up well. I just wonder if it may be cheaper than aftermarket kits (I know there probably isn't a kit, but just interested in extrapolating pricing).

Thanks!
problem is that you need a Vin number since most of those parts are vin limited.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:30 PM   #6
SemperFi
U.S. Marine Corps

Drives: 2009 Ducati Streetfighter
I bet if you just wait a few months after release, youll be able to find plenty of gear around.

Texas Residents: Join the Texas social group!

Semper Fi!
SemperFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:08 AM   #7
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Thanks for the heads-up. I figured there'd be a lot of other goodies, but I was considering putting together a list of other stuff and comparing. I'd just stay with what I know is going to work.

I wondered about the VIN-thing because it took a long time before I could order people SLP stuff when the WS6 and SS came back. A lot of customers weren't happy I could order them the stuff, but I just couldn't without that info', just like you said.

Thanks for all your input

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote