Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 03-25-2010, 10:22 PM   #15
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Drives: Synergy for my Daughter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver ice SS View Post
How much was this mod? Lol.

Old 03-25-2010, 11:16 PM   #16
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
My wife was one of the first getting them done YEARS ago. This is when docs didn't have any safety precautions with the machines, etc. I mean, if you moved your eyes, it zapped where the laser wasn't supposed to zap. Bad stuff. She was scared, but pulled it off.

Now MY eyes are going. I'm suddenly at a 1.4 or so in both eyes over the past year. I have about 7 pair of cheaters lying around teh house....SUCKS.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 09:01 AM   #17
PnCRedJwl2SS
Howdy! Pete here...

Drives: 2017 50th Anniv 2SS, A8, NPP, MRC
Welcome to the club!

Will,

CONGRATS! My wife and I have both had laser surgery. Back in 2003, the Air Force did my PRK surgery (Similar to LASIK) because I was an aviator. Then, a few years ago, my wife had it done by TLC here in San Antonio. We're both thrilled with the results.

One issue, but a minor one...I'm sure they told you about this before the surgery. As we age, our near vision suffers a bit. A natural artifact of the aging process of the lens is that it becomes a little stiffer and less able to flex. That means its ability to focus on things that are close up is diminished some. I find it a small trade off. I used to have 20/200 vision in both eyes with astigmatism (really near-sighted and blurry) and had to wear glasses or contacts all the time.

Now, I use reading glasses on occasion (like in dim light, to see a menu). Like I said...minor. You won't have to worry about that for quite a few years yet, so enjoy the perfect vision! And be sure to wear sunglasses whenever you're outdoors--protect those lenses!

Have a quick recovery and we'll see you at the next meet so we can test your vision!

PnCRedJwl2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 09:25 AM   #18
lafountain

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS/RS
Congrats, I am having mine done on the 1st.

I bought a car, turned out to be an alien robot. Who knew?
lafountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 09:28 AM   #19
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
I would be wary of having eye surgery done on April Fool's...
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:22 AM   #20
PWND

Drives: 2SS RS M6 Autobot
Send a message via ICQ to PWND Send a message via AIM to PWND
thanks...
yeah the Dr. told me I should have somewhere around 15 years or so before I would start to notice/need occasional reading glasses... good thing I dont read good! lol..

I could not have the laser surgery done, from what they told me about my vision being too bad... so I went with this contact lens implant as it was one of the very few options I had left... but they do have UV protection built in!!! so that is kinda cool...

and good luck on the April surgery... but is it really on the 1st... that would mess with my head more than I care for it to...
PWND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 12:20 PM   #21
nwotank

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS Rally Yellow
congrats, was the iv really necessary? how far down do the tubes sticking out of your nose go?
nwotank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 12:57 PM   #22
PWND

Drives: 2SS RS M6 Autobot
Send a message via ICQ to PWND Send a message via AIM to PWND
dunno... the iv was needed to gimme a little bit of silly juice to relax me just a little but still be awake...

as for the nose tube things... dunno.. for all i know they were hooked up to a cow's hiney somewhere... dunno why i needed those.. but i figured i would just go along with everything they did... lol...

still mind blowing to be able to see... its like i have never seen anything before and this is the first time i am seeing everything... simply amazing!!
PWND is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blackouts, eyecandy, icl, san antonio, transformer