Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-08-2012, 11:48 AM   #29
Bill F

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS 2005 Silverado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by OOLIE View Post
I will say it is interesting the mods have not posted here. Stieger I guess is the unofficial v6 mod as he is the only one to post here regular. With Catman sending a message to them and Stieger posting during that duration on other threads I am curious why there isn't feedback from mods.

this has legs in the community and deserves better feedback from the mods.
I bet "they" don't want to acknowledge any further the existence of an "inferior" species of their beloved and clearly more dominating SuperSassy Camaro.

But seriously, the LFX peeps need their own area to discuss the developments for their powerplant. There is a lot of info for the LLT, and it is tough for someone not in "the know" to decipher between the two motors.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:01 PM   #30
OOLIE

Drives: 2011 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by meissen View Post
From what I've gathered, the mods have their own internal forum that they post in that the general public can't see. I'm sure it's being discussed in their section now.

At the end of the day, I'm just playing devils advocate. I can see it happening in the future, just not quite yet. Either way I don't think it's a bad idea - after I made my first post I did think about it some more and there's definitely a larger v6 population here than the v6-specific website so the LFX-specific forum will probably get a decent amount of traffic.
Yeah just trying to keep this open for discussion so the mods understand the need.

I am sure they have their own network, to discuss things.

How hard is it to make a subforum. IDK seems to be a win win.

No disrespect to the mods seriously, just would love some insight into the thinking.

if this doesn't happen I would love to hear the reason
Old 03-09-2012, 08:29 AM   #31
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
In my personal opinion, it doesn't seem like the mods take kindly to structural changes to the site. Since it seems like the mods main job is moving threads out of the General 5th gen forum, I suggested moving the new member and off topic forums to the top of the site. As a forum owner myself, I know that the first forums on the site are usually the catch all because people don't scroll down. That got rejected, which I can understand they have their own methodologies. I also suggested adding the "Thanks" add-on to the site so members could "thank" or "like" posts that were informative or well written - it's quite popular on my site and other forums -- didn't even get a response on that one. Seems like most of the threads in the Site Suggestions forum goes unanswered. Then again, I can't even type the forum name of the v6 site I was mentioning because apparently the URL was added to the censored list...

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:27 PM   #32
OOLIE

Drives: 2011 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by meissen View Post
In my personal opinion, it doesn't seem like the mods take kindly to structural changes to the site. Since it seems like the mods main job is moving threads out of the General 5th gen forum, I suggested moving the new member and off topic forums to the top of the site. As a forum owner myself, I know that the first forums on the site are usually the catch all because people don't scroll down. That got rejected, which I can understand they have their own methodologies. I also suggested adding the "Thanks" add-on to the site so members could "thank" or "like" posts that were informative or well written - it's quite popular on my site and other forums -- didn't even get a response on that one. Seems like most of the threads in the Site Suggestions forum goes unanswered. Then again, I can't even type the forum name of the v6 site I was mentioning because apparently the URL was added to the censored list...
it is obvious we have the same passion. I don't want to isolate mods, I know they have a passion for the site, I would just like to see the pros and cons in the mods minds to this idea.

I know they have a lot to weed through and i am not making little of that.

other sites have embraced the difference of the engines and it would be foolish to not embrace the difference in my humble opinion.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:19 PM   #33
Herc
Greg

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS AG Camaro
I agree, it would help every LFX owner.
Herc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:25 PM   #34
gotexas25
Camaroholic

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
I agree. The world of bolt-ons is very different from LLT to LFX.
gotexas25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:05 PM   #35
blackswan

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
What he (they) said. I've already received wrong advice because my exhaust headers are part of the head
blackswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:06 PM   #36
butters

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
butters is offline   Reply With Quote